• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego City Undercover |OT| - This city has 4 ports

F34R

Playing on the Switch, without even looking at the comparisons, I was already happy with the purchase. Being portable alone with the quality it has is a huge bonus for me.

What's the new content available in the new version over Wii U?

Has anything changed from the original?

I know about co-op and improved graphics.

Thanks for any help.

jevity

Hey, can I ask a favour.

I got some young family members coming over in a bit, and they would love to play this game, so I wondered If any of you have a save game you could upload, with a lot of stuff unlocked, because I have barely touched the game myself.

Hey, can I ask a favour.

I got some young family members coming over in a bit, and they would love to play this game, so I wondered If any of you have a save game you could upload, with a lot of stuff unlocked, because I have barely touched the game myself.

Have you tried to find cheat codes for unlocks because most LEGO games have them

I've seen several people mention that there are Nintendo specific things in the game from the Wii U that made it into the Switch version but obviously didn't make it into the PS4 version. Can someone describe what these are and how much of it there is?

Oregano

I've seen several people mention that there are Nintendo specific things in the game from the Wii U that made it into the Switch version but obviously didn't make it into the PS4 version. Can someone describe what these are and how much of it there is?

It's just little cameo stuff like a power star in the parade or a warp pipe leading to a secret. Nothing major.

MrGerbils

Framerate and technical issues aside, this game is just not very fun. Super simplistic gameplay and the car controls are really mushy and even the on foot controls seem a little more squirrelly than the other Lego games.

I realize it's a kids game but still. The Marvel Lego games have a lot more going on in them. Some minor puzzles, decent combat sections, etc. Maybe it's just that they've gotten better since this game was originally released. It feels like a step back.

jonno394

Slightly pissed off, in chapter 9 when i'm
rounding up the pigs
one of them is next to a blue search area, but the prompt to "search" isn't appearing at all. I've had to quit the "mission" even though it's not in one of the specific levels, it's just in the middle of the open world. Can't be arsed to spend 10 minutes or so getting back to that point now to double check, will likely not bother now until next time I play :/

I was considering purchasing this last week when Best Buy had the Switch version on sale. I didn't end up getting it, but I'm still interested in the game. I'm wondering whether I should wait for another sale or purchase it with the 20% off now.

Playing on the Switch, without even looking at the comparisons, I was already happy with the purchase. Being portable alone with the quality it has is a huge bonus for me.
Yeah, the LEGO games have always been ones I've preferred to play on handhelds, even though in the past they were always downgraded versions of the console games.

I'm very happy that the Switch will be capable of playing the full console versions of the LEGO games on a handheld. If they ever decide to release older LEGO games for the Switch I'll probably buy most of them (like the Harry Potter collection or new bundles like combining the Star Wars, Marvel, or Batman games).
I was considering purchasing this last week when Best Buy had the Switch version on sale. I didn't end up getting it, but I'm still interested in the game. I'm wondering whether I should wait for another sale or purchase it with the 20% off now.

I was planning on driving to Best Buy today and picking it up myself, but I checked the website and saw that the Switch version is back up to $60, only the preowned one is $50 (with none available near me).

I decided to order a copy from Amazon since it's still $50 there and I had some credit so it only cost me $28, which is pretty sweet.

Seik

Banned
This game is like, easy as fuck, yet so enjoyable, it's weird. :lol

You basically have infinite lives and energy, but the humor, the simple yet fun platforming involving all the costumes you find and the GIGANTIC amount of stuff to unlock everywhere makes the game kinda addicting. Playing co-op with friends and messing around in the city gives a feeling of playing a multiplayer Lego version of GTA, it's awesome.

It's my first Lego game, but so far I'm impressed I like it so much!

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe

You basically have infinite lives and energy, but the humor, the simple yet fun platforming involving all the costumes you find and the GIGANTIC amount of stuff to unlock everywhere makes the game kinda addicting. Playing co-op with friends and messing around in the city gives a feeling of playing a multiplayer Lego version of GTA, it's awesome.

Glad you bought it, the game deserved to sell way better than it did on Wii U, it's a brilliant game. Hopefully the ports lead to a sequel. TT Fusion haven't had another chance to go at the sandbox formula with an original story like this since.

Replaying this game gives me more appreciation for Breath of the Wild tossing most of the necessary skills at us right at the beginning. In LCU I want to spend more time exploring the world, but I'm kind of rushing through the story levels so I have the jobs available to actually activate the things to be found all over the place.

ToiJu

How can I unlock the Dasher police bike? I'm missing one vehicle in Fresco but I can't seem to find it. I can't find any other info about it besides this video.

EDIT: FME, the token was on the bridge next to the train station. I was scanning too high all the time.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Hopefully it fixes the crashing issue.

Definitely crashing issues. The damn game crashes at least once per session. I feel like I'm playing the Wii U version all over again.

Never had a single crash, but I'd love if they could do something about the IQ on portable mode. I know I've seen people try to say it isn't rendering sub-native, and so if it isn't, wtf is it doing? It can't be rendering at a fully native res as there's way too much odd pixel crawl occurring.

EDarkness

Never had a single crash, but I'd love if they could do something about the IQ on portable mode. I know I've seen people try to say it isn't rendering sub-native, and so if it isn't, wtf is it doing? It can't be rendering at a fully native res but there's way too much odd pixel crawl occurring.

Doesn't Digital Foundry even point out it's 720p in portable mode? Now, as to what they're doing with effects and such, I have no idea. Looks fine on my screen, though. I'd much rather they fix the crashing.

vix

I had three or four crashes last night alone. One crash happened while the game was simply on the main menu before even loading up my file. On the ps4.

Robin64

Halfway!

C_LJWgTV0AE6wrd.jpg

God, this game is evil. I keep thinking "Just one more thing.." as I really need to go bed, but whenever I do something in the world, there's another little thing nearby. Then another. But man, is it so relaxing going from point to point and making a counter go up.

Halfway!

God, this game is evil. I keep thinking "Just one more thing.." as I really need to go bed, but whenever I do something in the world, there's another little thing nearby. Then another. But man, is it so relaxing going from point to point and making a counter go up.

Yeah man, my wife completely 100 percented it back on Wii U.... and she doesn't play games, lol

I just downloaded a patch for the Switch version.

Couldn't find patch notes and I don't notice any major differences with performance or load times, so maybe it's a stability/bug fix patch.

Robin64

This horse statue is super weird.

It kinda looks out of place, especially due to sitting on classic LEGO flooring.

But also punching it makes a noise, as if I am not strong enough to bash it open. But nobody can open it, there's no dynamite point, nothing. It's just weird.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
So I just completed the main story for this game on the Switch (at
hours) and overall I thought it was pretty fun, but by the last few chapters I just wanted to be done with it.

I ran into a few issues that just soured the actual gameplay for me, but I loved the voice acting and humor and thought the story was alright. The issues I ran into were:

1) I got stuck on a merry-go-round and I could do everything except for jump off the freaking thing. I ended up having to warp back to the police station and then enter Lego City again from there (luckily that was an option)

2) Multiple times, I would have the context-prompts either not load or triggers for the context-prompts not load. The bottom line was that I couldn't complete whatever the current mission objective was at that time without either leaving the area (going far, far away) and then coming back or by just restarting the game entirely.

3) There were a few fights where I couldn't actually fight for the same reason as #2. No prompts would load and no inputs (other than the D-pad) seemed to register. All I could do was run from the enemies, so I would have to restart the game until it worked.

4) One mission required you to
buy a vehicle from the helipad and fly to a different place,
but when I went into the menu, the same things as #3 happened, AGAIN. The only controller input that would register was from the D-pad and the home button to go back to the Switch's home screen. I had to restart the game entirely and then it happened again. I restarted once more and luckily it worked the 3rd time.

5) This was more of an annoyance than a bug, but trying to
put out fires as the Firemen was infuriating. Seemed like you had to keep moving the cursor to random places until it just decided to work

--------------

Like I said though, all in all, I liked the time that I spent with this game and it was the only Lego game that I've played other than Lego Island (waaay back in the day), but I don't think I'll pick it up again, haha.

Have they fixed the driving?

I HATED it on Wii U. Every damn driving mission was annoying and stressful.

That and loading times caused me to stop playing the game in the first place.

bumpkin

Halfway!

Nice! I think I'm up to 185 or so. I keep telling myself I'm going to hang it up and move onto a new game, but then I fire it back up and next thing I know I've spent three more hours playing it. lol.

Thought I'd ask to see if anyone know how the PC version of this game runs nowadays?

It ran fine for me. I had this one really silly bug where (after the Win 10 Creator's update) the game would only launch in a tiny, icon sized window on the top left of my desktop. The solution was to change your monitor resolution to something off native, start the game, fix the ingame resolution and then fix your monitor resolution after that. I read some complaints about folks crashing at specific cutscenes but that never happened to me. The game takes a while to load for the first time so putting it on an SSD is recommended.

So I just completed the main story for this game on the Switch (at
hours) and overall I thought it was pretty fun, but by the last few chapters I just wanted to be done with it.

Multiple times, I would have the context-prompts either not load or triggers for the context-prompts not load. The bottom line was that I couldn't complete whatever the current mission objective was at that time without either leaving the area (going far, far away) and then coming back or by just restarting the game entirely.

The context stuff messed up for me a bunch of times on PC, and turned me off from the game (along with the way the collectables worked/were tagged).

For the main story part, that's usually my problem with most LEGO games that aren't specific stories that I know. Like, I liked Star Wars, Harry Potter, Batmans, because I knew the actual stories and enjoyed seeing them played out in LEGO, but the games that aren't based on "something" seem to drag on for me in regards to the story.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Hey this is on sale at Best Buy.

How is co-op? I have the WiiU version and my daughter LOVES it, but she's only like 2 hours in and I want to get this again to play with my daughter, it sounds like we would have fun together with it.

Looking at Switch version.

Hey this is on sale at Best Buy.

How is co-op? I have the WiiU version and my daughter LOVES it, but she's only like 2 hours in and I want to get this again to play with my daughter, it sounds like we would have fun together with it.

Looking at Switch version.

Waiting for it to go on sale on PSN. Where is it?

SomTervo

Really enjoying this, even if performance on handheld Switch leaves a little to be desired.

Brilliant craic.

Try LEGO Marvel Superheroes. It will blow you away

$40 again?

I loved this on Wii U, would love to play it again on Switch but I was really hoping for $20-$30. How long does it usually take LEGO games to drop price when WB is publishing?

I basically don't buy lego games until they hit 5 bucks. Not because they're not worth more than that, but because they always, always hit that price within 1 or 2 years of release. Given the nature of them, there's nothing urgent about playing them, so it's worked for me thus far.

zigg

I basically don't buy lego games until they hit 5 bucks. Not because they're not worth more than that, but because they always, always hit that price within 1 or 2 years of release. Given the nature of them, there's nothing urgent about playing them, so it's worked for me thus far.
Right, yeah. I would not be surprised if this one stays at $30 due to the Switch cartridge tax, but we'll see.

Gamers club makes it $31..
Sure, but when all games are 20% off, I tend to compare them on their original prices 😄

ITSMILNER

Has anyone got Lego City Undercover on Switch? Whats it like? I heard the performance undocked was quite choppy and it had a few glitches, were these patched?

Want to know if its worth gettibg as i heard it has some Ninty easyer eggs as well?

Top Bottom