• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NRS reveals Cyborg/Nightwing for Injustice Gods Among Us (maybe more at Comic-Con)

Khezu

I'd honestly hope it wasn't true, personally. Because we're either going to get a Raven inaccurate to the comic (what's the point?) or we'll get comic Raven (blech, for a fighting game).

Ravens true powers could make an interesting character, more of a defensive fighter that has various types of debuffs she can cause, and just whittle the opponent away.

Either way people would complain, fans of the show upset she doesn't have TK, and comic fans would complain that the show fucking sucked.

shaowebb

Just a thought but Batman's batarang shield from the 15 minute video at EVO showed him literally reflect Grundy off him on a jump in attempt leading to full zipline combo. I think it may be a full reflective shield. If this is true for projectiles we just found our hard counter for Cyborg. I know he's got good normals. Saw him interrupt Grundy a few times easy on that L so its likely he may be fast enough to chase down Cyborg with his zip kick and pressure game and his own jump batarangs should punish floor missile attempts.

Prep time baby.

Amagon

Do you know what this game needs?!?!

hTwuU.jpg

Bueno Excellente The perfect fucking troll character.

shaowebb

Yeah I put that in the OP. It sounded like some "Justice Lords" sort of story line for this game where the heroes are divided on how to deal with criminals as some of the heroes decide to take a more final approach on things with them. That announcer sounds a lot like Superman to me, but I can't be certain of anything.

I'm hoping today at Comic Con that there is some more footage of gameplay from players on the show floor. Maybe some cross counter guys might be able to give us some feedback on things. I'm really eager to confirm whether or not Batman's remote batarang shield that popped Grundy into the air on a jump in attempt acts like a full projectile reflecting shield as well. If so he is the counterpick for every matchup with his various tools and an answer against better zoners.

Also I'm wanting to hear more on how people feel about Cyborg's normals in terms of speed and his supers in terms of recovery and how much hitstun they induce to know how good he will be against folks who get in on him. I really need to start traveling more to big events to test stuff like this...maybe next year since I graduate in 2 months.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Since this is a fighting game, there must be one big breasted woman in the roster.

In other words, I'd be shocked if Power Girl isn't in this game.

Gartooth

Ravens true powers could make an interesting character, more of a defensive fighter that has various types of debuffs she can cause, and just whittle the opponent away.

Either way people would complain, fans of the show upset she doesn't have TK, and comic fans would complain that the show fucking sucked.

I would have loved to seen her get in if only because that would mean we would get a weird/crazy character in the roster that broke the power/gadget mold that NRS put up. The biggest downside to putting her in though, is that she just isn't a much of a fighter period, and the game relies a lot on that such as environmental hazards, stage transitions, and the cinematic clash sequence.

But yeah, from NRS's point of view, she just doesn't fit in with the rest of the cast and they can easily find better characters to put in the game.

Tizoc

Am I the only one who prefers Nightwing's hair to be...spikey-ish?
Glad they went with the blue and black, I don't like the red in his current outfit.

Kizer

I don't know about Raven, but Trigon himself would be pretty cool, I think. I'd love a super natural bad guy to be in this game. If not Trigon than Felix Faust or something.

Also I find that tech characters seem to have more variation to them than the power character do when it comes to using onstage weapons. For example, they way that Batman and Nightwing used the car in the metropolis stage could not have been more different. However, Super-man and Grundy essentially did the same exact thing. They didn't even throw it differently. I really hope this isn't the case for all power characters.

Kizer

daddy is more recognizable name for us old geezers but Lad has been out there lately

so its possible.

If I had my way though, I think that Mera would be great to bring along with Aquaman. I think she has a good moveset for something unique and she is a woman. Gender seems to be very important for some gamers.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
there are 24 Character slots in the char. select screen. Maybe room for 4 more characters.

they gonna stick the well knowns for the most part its safe to say, maybe a couple of indy favs.

ACH1LL3US

This game looks ......

incredible.

I shouldn't be shocked because of how good MK turned out but wow..

I have doubts about it being tourney material though.

Kizer

if the select screen stays the same, sure but let's not throw out the possibility that this isn't the final size for the roster.

TreIII

Nightwing is great, and Cyborg is a good addition as well. But please....

1339281720154.gif

....put this badass in too.

Is it confirmed Khary Payton (Cyborg from TT) is going to voice Cyborg in this game? If so, maybe they'll get the most bang for their buck and get him to voice Aqualad and/or Black Manta too.

Khezu

I don't know about Raven, but Trigon himself would be pretty cool, I think. I'd love a super natural bad guy to be in this game. If not Trigon than Felix Faust or something.

Also I find that tech characters seem to have more variation to them than the power character do when it comes to using onstage weapons. For example, they way that Batman and Nightwing used the car in the metropolis stage could not have been more different. However, Super-man and Grundy essentially did the same exact thing. They didn't even throw it differently. I really hope this isn't the case for all power characters.

I would have loved to seen her get in if only because that would mean we would get a weird/crazy character in the roster that broke the power/gadget mold that NRS put up. The biggest downside to putting her in though, is that she just isn't a much of a fighter period, and the game relies a lot on that such as environmental hazards, stage transitions, and the cinematic clash sequence.

But yeah, from NRS's point of view, she just doesn't fit in with the rest of the cast and they can easily find better characters to put in the game.

They could do something with her gimmick bar, maybe when its full she devil triggers and becomes possessed by daddy for 15 seconds and becomes super offensive. Would have to make it hard to get her bar up though, maybe it only increases when you land debuffs or something IDK. Also I'm pretty sure she knows at least basic martial arts for self defensive, she could just augment that with shadow powers that she has but rarely uses.

Also I think something related to this game is going to be on xplay tonight, shame I don't have that channel.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I'm pretty sure DC wants her erased from existence, so I wouldn't get too hopeful.

but (iirc) DC said she will appear again in the new 52 sometimes in the future.

and this is a DC fighting game,NetherRealm can't not having the best fighter in Batman universe in it since it will be wrong.

lfmpl.jpg

she born to be in this game,Hell even when she was spying for Batman on the Justice League Elite as Kasumi she was pure badass
1iqgk.jpg

Tizoc

Wanna know what 4 characters I would LOVE to see in this game?
1-
BatB Batman
0wr2R.jpg

Yes you heard me, you could make a freaking movelist out of all the whacky stuff and gizmos BatB Batman used in the show.

2-
Jonah Hex
f9Mlv.jpg

How's he gonna deal with Superman you ask? With a tomahawk to the head of course. He can be a long range/keepaway character.

3-
OMAC
http://ourdailyread.wordpress.com/2008/06/25/jack-kirbys-omac-omnibus/
OK so I couldn't find a good enough image, but OMAC would be an awesome heavy/grappler/power type character. His super would have a giant ass tank fall from the sky which he GRABS AND SLAMS IT AT THE OPPONENT!

4-
batmanbravebold_ep03a.jpg

BatB Aquaman aka THE OUTRAGOUES AQUAMAN
You KNOW you want him in this game just for that manly beard.
His super can be a COMET PUNCH!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77XPlZJSkWU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE8C1WWixgc

Holy shit this game looks sweet. I never really follow pre-release media for any games so this is the first video I've watched and I'm seriously impressed. I'm especially excited about the stages and how interactive they are. When I saw Flash use the computer to shoot the Batmobile's missiles at Cyborg, I thought, "I'm getting this fucking game."

Jonah Hex should definitely make it in. Throw the character a bone after being humiliated with that awful movie.

Tizoc

Holy shit this game looks sweet. I never really follow pre-release media for any games so this is the first video I've watched and I'm seriously impressed. I'm especially excited about the stages and how interactive they are. When I saw Flash use the computer to shoot the Batmobile's missiles at Cyborg, I thought, "I'm getting this fucking game."

Jonah Hex should definitely make it in. Throw the character a bone after being humiliated with that awful movie.

I personally found the 10 min. Jonah Hex movie to be among DC's best animated features of all time~

Khezu

The xplay trailer.

Its only in SD right now, shows more gameplay of cyborg and nightwing and a little bit of others. Also batman got the nightwing treatment for his super, he now summons the batmobile. Wonder if its still a parry?

shaowebb

The xplay trailer.

Its only in SD right now, shows more gameplay of cyborg and nightwing and a little bit of others. Also batman got the nightwing treatment for his super, he now summons the batmobile. Wonder if its still a parry?

Nice trailer. Batmobile caught me off guard as well as the boat getting swung by Wonder Woman...I hadn't seen that yet. I also noticed one of Grundy's moves bounced them into the wires, but wasn't that just a normal move he could do before? Do you think moves with a bounce might trigger these things or that they may have just reused it for that prop?
I dunno, but it looked great.

After seeing some of the Cyborg link ups and Nightwing one's I know that I was right and that Nightwing will get some ridiculous combos in length. Cyborg may actually need a few moves nerfed at this rate because he looks like he may be able to get some absolutely devastating combos off of his stuff out of the corner once the moves stop pushing them away. If that happens he's gonna juggle folks forever off the bounce and height some of his stuff inflicts once it hits. I think they may need to build some kind of height scaling on his moves during combo lol.

I'm pumped and this looks fun. These guys look and move really well out there and I can't wait to try them out.

Khezu

Nice trailer. Batmobile caught me off guard as well as the boat getting swung by Wonder Woman...I hadn't seen that yet. I also noticed one of Grundy's moves bounced them into the wires, but wasn't that just a normal move he could do before? Do you think moves with a bounce might trigger these things or that they may have just reused it for that prop?
I dunno, but it looked great.

I'm guessing its just his normal string that causes a ground bounce.
When you remove the generator the wires are exposed and become a true actual stage hazard so if you touch them you get shocked.

Also the "boat" is probably the ship superman came to earth in.

Also ya, cyborg seems to have a lot of shit, multiple projectiles from every direction. As for his combos, I assume they will work like MK9 and have gravity, the longer someone is juggled, the heavier they get.

KevinCow

Banned
I hope this game isn't too Batman heavy. Between Harley, Nightwing, and Bats himself, 3 of the 8 revealed characters are from Batman. And I'd say Joker and Catwoman are pretty high possibilities, given their presence in MK vs. DC.

I like Batman and all, but I'd like to see some diversity.

I hope this game isn't too Batman heavy. Between Harley, Nightwing, and Bats himself, 3 of the 8 revealed characters are from Batman. And I'd say Joker and Catwoman are pretty high possibilities, given their presence in MK vs. DC.

I like Batman and all, but I'd like to see some diversity.

I agree with this. I think Joker is pretty much a given so as much as I would like Catwoman, for diversity sake, I would prefer no Catwoman.

But I have a feeling shes going to be in...

Top Bottom