• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Nachos

Oh, I see. The characters themselves look great!

Yeah, I mean, basically all of this is just a way to get around blowing up a 3DS video signal from 240p to 1080p, which would look terrible. I'm still fiddling around with things, but this is what I've got so far:

jIIW4sa.jpg
The text itself would only be visible by itself for a second, after which it would basically be a way to fill up the upper left once the other elements come in.

I also realize I'm being really vague about I'm working on, but I don't want to commit to it since I'm still feeling out whether what I'm trying is too ambitious for my first-ever video.

I redrew that one Mitsuru picture I did two years ago.

I somehow managed to make it even less dynamic and I still can't draw hands.
Line quality and colors are definitely a lot better, though.

_Ryo_

Does Nintendo own any of the Etrian Odyssey IP? Anything stopping them from appearing on Sony/Microsoft consoles apart from the dual screen aspect?

I remember something about persona q on other platforms mentioned in that survey and I don't know what else it could be on except the switch if its legally a Nintendo exclusive.

Also why not just mention switch if that's the only thing they can rerelease it on?

It'd be awesome if it could be reworked to work on PS4.

Nachos

Does Nintendo own any of the Etrian Odyssey IP? Anything stopping them from appearing on Sony/Microsoft consoles apart from the dual screen aspect?

I remember something about persona q on other platforms mentioned in that survey and I don't know what else it could be on except the switch if its legally a Nintendo exclusive.

Also why not just mention switch if that's the only thing they can rerelease it on?

It'd be awesome if it could be reworked to work on PS4.
Nothing stopping them, but the series has just historically made the most sense for dual screen set-ups. File system-wise, Q's basically an elaborate ROM hack of EO IV, which is part of the reason why Naoto is so broken.

Hello PersonaGAF! I don't remember posting here, but I've been lurking for a while.

Super hyped for P5, obviously, but it pretty much died out until I picked up P4G again, with the intent of finishing it before April.

I will be super bummed, but not surprised, if another delay happens. It could be good for me though, because it comes out the week before my finals exams begin.
The will power required to resist going in the game too deep will be tremendous.

Can't believe it's been two years since PV#01. Simpler times.

Hello PersonaGAF! I don't remember posting here, but I've been lurking for a while.

Super hyped for P5, obviously, but it pretty much died out until I picked up P4G again, with the intent of finishing it before April.

I will be super bummed, but not surprised, if another delay happens. It could be good for me though, because it comes out the week before my finals exams begin.
The will power required to resist going in the game too deep will be tremendous.

Welcome to PersonaGAF.

Doubt we'll see yet another delay, cause that really would be the last straw, I think.

Mediking

Hi Guys.

Do you think the game is really getting released on april 4? No new info since the delay announcement so im kinda worried

Welcome to the Velvet Room!

Persona 5 isnt getting delayed again. It truly is releasing in April.

Question for people who have played (Q about a spot):

What's in Motomachi Chukagai? During my play through I unlocked it in like final days when reading all books and I never had a chance to go. Can you walk around it or is it just a restuarant or something?

lilty

Reviewers are already playing it apparently.

Yeah, there's no way the game isn't coming April 4. There was that video from Gamespot playing some English footage a few weeks back and a constant stream of DLC and other trailers for the game. Atlus always gives a big lead time on their review codes and we're only 34 days out so I would agree that reviewers are playing it.

We're so close guys.

So this is a thing I've been musing on:

When the year inevitably comes to an end, and GOTY lists start cropping up among the media and enthusiast sites like this one, P5 will undoubtedly be mentioned somewhere. But, Persona 5 is a game first released in 2016. Only its English language localisation was delayed to this year. Think about it: The game was first playable last year. For comparison's sake, Final Fantasy XIII is a 2009 game, but the English localisation of that game came out three months after the original release in March of 2010. I wonder if there'll be anyone in the media (or anywhere really) who will retroactively name P5 GOTY for 2016? Just a thought I've been having for months now. I really wish this game could have been released in all territories last year.

daevious

When the year inevitably comes to an end, and GOTY lists start cropping up among the media and enthusiast sites like this one, P5 will undoubtedly be mentioned somewhere. But, Persona 5 is a game first released in 2016. Only its English language localisation was delayed to this year. Think about it: The game was first playable last year. For comparison's sake, Final Fantasy XIII is a 2009 game, but the English localisation of that game came out three months after the original release in March of 2010. I wonder if there'll be anyone in the media (or anywhere really) who will retroactively name P5 GOTY for 2016? Just a thought I've been having for months now. I really wish this game could have been released in all territories last year.

This kind of thing doesn't bother me, Persona 5 is Persona 5 and having it available in English is more important that trying to give it some nebulous award that means nothing years down the line. Hell, Shadow of Mordor being GOTY2014 has already become a punchline for how shitty 2014 was for games not made by/for Nintendo.

Sophia

Didn't really hurt Xenoblade, which launched in Japan in 2010, EU in 2011, and NA in 2012. It still won game of the year and RPG of the year across those three years.

Tried a google search but found nothing about this. Where is this coming from?

Reviewers are playing a game that they're surprised they got so early, and is at least a month far out.

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but it seems that reviewers has the game already. This is speculation, but Greg Miller said he was playing a game that is far out that has dialog options. On game scoop Vince Ingenito said he is playing a game he can't talk about and Ryan said "why isn't it out in other regions"

Mediking

Don't make a girl a promise you can't keep!

Hahahah trust me! Persona 5 is really releasing in April! Like no joke! No more delays! This is it!

Just like with the Metacritic thing.. be more concerned about what is your personal GOTY. And besides, Persona 5 is gonna hafta fight hard to become top of the GOTY list when so many high profile games are releasing this year. Heck, Yakuza 0 is overflowing with content and story and charm and it's gonna take Atlus' signature style to even dethrone that game for me as my personal GOTY.

vaporeon

I feel no Persona hype from anyone aside from the people that talk about Person literally every day. Like, not even in the fanart realm that I dwell in. It feels dead as hell. Hopefully it picks up??

I redrew that one Mitsuru picture I did two years ago.

I somehow managed to make it even less dynamic and I still can't draw hands.
Hands are evil.
Your clothing reminds me of how Kaneko does clothes.

PK Gaming

Me too

I remember when Persona occupied a not-so-insignificant portion of Twitter, tumblr, etc. Hopefully Persona 5 revives interest?

Malrend

It seems likely that P5's western release will spark interest in Persona again.
Spin-offs can only do so much to keep up the interest.

Maybe, but there was a time when the hype was REAL.
Now the only feeling I'm getting the closer we get to release is "It's about time."

Mediking

Persona 5 is selling a million... don't forget that, guys.

Didn't Final Fantasy XV sell super crazy good too at launch or something? The Final Fantasy brand may be bigger but there is a real thirst for AAA JRPGs.

Persona 5 is fine sales wise.

Malrend

Maybe, but there was a time when the hype was REAL.
Now the only feeling I'm getting the closer we get to release is "It's about time."

The road to P5's release has been rather bumpy thus far.
Hard to keep the flame of hype lit, when the winds of constant delay keep on blowing.

Mediking

Was just about to come here and link to the thread I made for that video, heh. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1348766

Hey, Koozey. There's already a thread about it, bro. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=231244819&highlight=#post231244819

The road to P5's release has been rather bumpy thus far.
Hard to keep the flame of hype lit, when the winds of constant delay keep on blowing.

Just watch one of Persona 5's early trailers to rekindle hype. It works for me everytime.

cheez124

the switch and zelda will hopefully help the month go by quickly for me.

still, though...to think we could've been playing it right now if it weren't for the delay :\

I feel no Persona hype from anyone aside from the people that talk about Person literally every day. Like, not even in the fanart realm that I dwell in. It feels dead as hell. Hopefully it picks up??.

Me too

I remember when Persona occupied a not-so-insignificant portion of Twitter, tumblr, etc. Hopefully Persona 5 revives interest?
I feel the same way.
A lot of the hype for P5 seems to be gone.
I think they made a big mistake with having such a big gap between the JP and the English version of the game.
You also now have this weird situation where even fans can't really discuss new trailers because someone might spoil something in the thread/comments(And yes this has happened on Neogaf ).
They also can't really make a new story trailer that doesn't reuse some of the footage that we have already seen in the JP trailers. (Unless they just outright spoil the last third of the game like P3 did with it's final trailer. )
I think the general audience is just tired of waiting for P5 and have moved on to other games like Mass Effect or Zelda.
I think P5 will sell well but I can't help thinking about how much bigger the game could have been if it released in 2015/2016 when even people who had no interest in JRPG's or Persona were hyped for it.

Malrend

Just watch one of Persona 5's early trailers to rekindle hype. It works for me everytime.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm still very much hyped for P5.
In fact, while I had told myself that I'd just get the PS3 version.. I bought myself a PS4 two days ago, just to get myself something to tinker with until 4/4.
My hype is just not at the "OHSHITEVERYTHINGISRAINBOWS" level anymore, and really hasn't been since the last delay announcement.

Edit:
I think P5 will sell well but I can't help thinking about how much bigger the game could have been if it released in 2015/2016 when even people who had no interest in JRPG's or Persona were hyped for it.

Heck, even keeping to the 14th of February would have kept up the hype among a significantly larger segment of players than it does now. Although I don't think that particular delay really cost them any Day One buyers.

The delays and large gap between JPN and everywhere else definitely didn't help. I'm personally still excited but it's a muted excitement as I try not to think too much about the game lest I become super salty.

Weiss

Banned
I basically dropped out of this thread for months because trying to stay excited was too much.

That it seems to be peddling the same tired anime clichés that were old hat in 2008 made me a lot less hopeful that it was going to be the next bold step forward for Persona.

daevious

The delays and large gap between JPN and everywhere else definitely didn't help. I'm personally still excited but it's a muted excitement as I try not to think too much about the game lest I become super salty.

Honestly, that's far healthier than the fanatical levels of hype that surrounded Persona 5 before the Japanese release.

Mediking

Let me help rekindle that Persona 5 excitement......

Code:
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/bfdf7e5fd9dd9875950bb3698ef327b4/tumblr_nuuajyC9e11udimtao4_r1_500.gif[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/faclfmz0cbgba5wtow4p.gif[/IMG]

Top Bottom