• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Mediking

I've been going back through this thread and looking at some of the discussions and I really like this community. Some of my posts have been super cringy and awkward so thanks for not tossing me out a window. Lol I also noticed that Persona 5 has seen so many holidays because of the delays.

So I got a question....

Who here has been spoiled on Persona 5? As in you either know most of the story or all of it and you're waiting for the English release so we can all discuss it?

I've been going back through this thread and looking at some of the discussions and I really like this community. Some of my posts have been super cringy and awkward so thanks for not tossing me out a window. Lol I also noticed that Persona 5 has seen so many holidays because of the delays.

So I got a question....

Who here has been spoiled on Persona 5? As in you either know most of the story or all of it and you're waiting for the English release so we can all discuss it?

Yo.
Saw pretty much the whole thing streamed and translated.
edit: Getting back to pronunciation for a bit, I wonder how they're going to pronounce
MC's Ultimate Persona.

So I got a question....

I've been spoiled on a couple really significant plot points, but besides that I've kept mainly to official releases.

Sophia

I spoiled myself on almost everything related to Persona 5. It wasn't worth trying to dodge spoilers for several months past the Japanese release, and that was before the delay.

The only thing I've intentionally avoided is like boss battles and gameplay strategies, because I want to figure those out myself.

lilty

So I got a question....

Aside from stuff that's been shown in trailers and the opening 2 hours of the game, I know nothing. It's been surprisingly easy to avoid spoilers and I hope I can keep doing so until release.

Banned
I know a pretty major plot point from later in the game but besides that I know nothing else.

Pro tip: Browsing the character galleries on the smt wiki looking for avatar material is a very bad idea that you should not do.

cheez124

i spoiled myself on some important plot points and a few other miscellaneous things, but that's where i drew the line. i'm still in the dark on a lot of other things outside of what's been shown officially

daevious

I watched Shouta's stream of Persona 5 when it first came out and thus I know the main story beats and what each dungeon/boss looks like. I know a little about the confidants and what each of their deals are, but not a lot.

vaporeon

So I got a question....

Not naming any character(s), but **MAJOR SPOILERS below** vv
I accidentally spoiled myself on JP release day because I wanted to see more image/screenshots of a certain character...and obviously they turn out to be The Evil One! Yay! I was legit bummed because I really digged their design and wanted them to be a good person. :-( It took me a while to get over it, I was honestly that sad, lmao.

Lusankya

Regarding spoilers I only got unintentionally spoiled on the following (thank you YT/Siliconera comments):

Probably MAJOR Persona 5 SPOILER:
The reason for Igor's new VA is not only the fact that his old Japanese VA died, but also the "small" detail that this person actually isn't Igor. I don't know if Fake Igor is evil or the big bad or neutral or good, neither why he does these things.

Questions:
Is this the biggest spoiler/twist in the game?
Considering I don't know any details is there a lot more to it that can surprise me?

Regarding spoilers I only got unintenionally spoiled on the following (thank you YT/Siliconera comments):

The reason for Igor's new VA is not only the fact that his old Japanese VA died, but also the "small" detail that this person actually isn't Igor. I don't know if Fake Igor is evil or the big bad or neutral or good, neither why he does these things.

Questions:
Considering I don't know any details is there a lot more to it that can surprise me?

What can I say other than...
"rip"

Though I guess since you don't know the details, there's still surprises to come...

Mediking

As always thanks for answering my questions!

To those who said they have been spoiled in some fashion... that's totally fine. You're still gonna have your own experience when you play it for yourself. You're still gonna have your own feelings and opinions and stuff.

I've managed to not get spoiled but it's been tough. YouTube has tried to spoil me but I clicked away fast enough to avoid it.

I really am looking forward to when we all have the game and we can talk about the good moments and even the bad moments of Persona 5. We talk about our favorite scenes and favorite songs. Favorite Persona. Favorite party members.

daevious

As always thanks for answering my questions!

To those who said they have been spoiled in some fashion... that's totally fine. You're still gonna have your own experience when you play it for yourself. You're still gonna have your own feelings and opinions and stuff.

I've managed to not get spoiled but it's been tough. YouTube has tried to spoil me but I clicked away fast enough to avoid it.

I really am looking forward to when we all have the game and we can talk about the good moments and even the bad moments of Persona 5. We talk about our favorite scenes and favorite songs. Favorite Persona. Favorite party members.

...And then we can complain about Persona 6 being delayed all over again. ;P

DNAbro

Regarding spoilers I only got unintentionally spoiled on the following (thank you YT/Siliconera comments):

Questions:

I would say there is at least one more big plot surprise near that level. You might be able to see the other one coming though.

And even though I'm spoiled on most of the game, that's still totally different than actually playing it and understanding it. Dialogue and character interactions are some of the best parts of Persona so still excited for it. I just needed to get the hype out of my system by spoiling myself.

I'm surprised I haven't spoiled myself on Danganronpa V3 tbh. But that's a mystery game so it would literally ruin it if I did.

So I got a question....

Fortunately I'm still completely in the dark. Haven't seen or read anything since the E3 trailer which I felt was already too much. I did check out some costume dlc trailers but those just show a normal fight.

Mezoly

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but it seems that reviewers has the game already. This is speculation, but Greg Miller said he was playing a game that is far out that has dialog options. On game scoop Vince Ingenito said he is playing a game he can't talk about and Ryan said "why isn't it out in other regions"

Setsu00

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but it seems that reviewers has the game already. This is speculation, but Greg Miller said he was playing a game that is far out that has dialog options. On game scoop Vince Ingenito said he is playing a game he can't talk about and Ryan said "why isn't it out in other regions"

Well, it WAS supposed to come out last week, so ...

So I got a question....

I think I got spoiled on the whole
"traitor"
angle but I really wasn't that surprised because it seemed a bit more obvious that I already expected as much. Mostly trying to play off that I didn't and not think about it, but yeah. Haven't really looked into it too much but some fanart I came across on Twitter the other day seems to reinforce it.

As far as I know they haven't sent out review codes yet, unless it's just for a select few outlets.

Nachos

Makes sense. Atlus usually sends out their long RPGs well in advance so that reviewers have time to complete them. I know 7th Dragon III and Etrian 2 Untold were sent out about two months ahead of their retail release (which is how 7D got leaked so early). Pretty sure Yakuza 0 got the same treatment.

Makes sense. Atlus usually sends out their long RPGs well in advance so that reviewers have time to complete them. I know 7th Dragon III and Etrian 2 Untold were sent out about two months ahead of their retail release (which is how 7D got leaked so early). Pretty sure Yakuza 0 got the same treatment.

Frustrating, but it's a wise choice.

barybll

Banned

So I got a question....

I only know 2 specific plot points and the rest is blank for me, I try to avoid pics because I can usually piece together what happened.

That aside, from those 2 plot points, I heard one was kinda predictable and the other is not something that bothers me so im okay

Weiss

Banned

So I got a question....

I know the identity of the traitor, the villain, and some other minor plot points.

I don't know why, but even I view that (one of those words) ^^^^ as a spoiler, since I've been on a heavy blackout. Think that's my signal to bail from Persona related stuff until release. Hope you guys enjoy the game!

_Ryo_

So I got a question....

I've watched a Japanese stream up to the 3rd or 4th dungeon I think. I also got spoiled on some end game stuff unintentionally but in hindsight it was pretty fucking obvious anyway.

Nachos

I don't know why, but even I view that (one of those words) ^^^^ as a spoiler, since I've been on a heavy blackout. Think that's my signal to bail from Persona related stuff until release. Hope you guys enjoy the game!
If it makes you feel any better (though you might not want to read this if you're trying to stay on as much of a blackout as possible):
the game establishes there's a traitor in the first 20 minutes.

It's about as early as P4 reveals there's a murder mystery.

Not sure if it's really worth spoiler tagging.

I think it's more like
you got a headache at the gas station
, only not QUITE as important in the long run.

It's early and makes you wonder what's up, but you have more immediate things to deal with in the meantime and you just brush it to the side until it comes up again.

If only I could answer this ;)

It could be something else btw..

Nachos

Does this look okay? I drew all the characters by hand, so they're supposed to be uneven and comic book-y.

g6ultD4.png

Nachos

Looks good, but I don't really like how the "EY" part of "odyssey" is moving towards the upper edge of the picture.

Well, that's not the only thing that's going to be in the frame. It's just supposed to be in the background and is even going to be covered up slightly by other things in the foreground. I'll see how it looks once I can get it edited into video and readjust if it still looks off. I was more concerned about the individual characters.

Setsu00

Well, that's not the only thing that's going to be in the frame. It's just supposed to be in the background and is even going to be covered up slightly by other things in the foreground. I'll see how it looks once I can get it edited into video and readjust if it still looks off. I was more concerned about the individual characters.

Oh, I see. The characters themselves look great!

Mediking

One of old Persona 5 trailers showcased Joker and other party members running around as mice in a dungeon. I would show a gif of it but that would trigger Google to send me anything Persona 5 related which would lead to spoiler city. Lol but anyway... I can't wait to experience that and that jumping into paintings stuff from that same exact old trailer. I hope that's not considered a spoiler.

It would be awesome if it was silly and serious dialogue as you played as a mouse with your friends. Like the mice can all be wearing some kinda accessory to show who they are. Joker's mouse is wearing a mask or whatever. Ann's mouse is wearing pigtails, etc.

I don't have a mouse fetish... I swear...

Edit: Just glad dungeons seem to be more gameplay wise.

Top Bottom