• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Nachos

Edit. Fan made. Hmm. Better than I could've done for sure. But I generally don't agree fan work should be free from criticism. That being said the skill to actually make something like that is very impressive, despite the weird faces.
I agree, but "OH GOD WHY" isn't really criticism. But I think Setsu was just asking people to approach the figures with more understanding, not saying that they shouldn't be criticized.

Setsu00

Edit. Fan made. Hmm. Better than I could've done for sure. But I generally don't agree fan work should be free from criticism. That being said the skill to actually make something like that is very impressive, despite the weird faces.

I agree, but "OH GOD WHY" isn't really criticism. But I think Setsu was just asking people to approach the figures with more understanding, not saying that they shouldn't be criticized.

That's what I meant. You're free to criticize these figures and of course my art as well, but if you do so, please be constructive. You're accomplishing nothing by pointing out how horrible something looks (well, you might make sure that the artist never posts again), but you might actively help the artist if you try to pinpoint what exactly needs some work.

Strimei

I had a good laugh at work on Valentine's day when I finally got an email from Amazon that the release date for P5 had been changed.

Though I also had a moment of "!" when the little blurb of the email that showed on my phone's lockscreen said something about P5 and release. I knew better, but still...

PK Gaming

I promised myself I'd play Persona 4 before the new one came out......~3 years later I still haven't played it yet. Could I manage to finish it in a month? The length of P4 has always daunted me :-(

Wait, this is perfect; you could be one of the few people who could play P4 after P5.

vaporeon

Wait, this is perfect; you could be one of the few people who could play P4 after P5.
Atlus USA Notice (For Immediate Release)
It has come to the company's attention that some people have yet to play Persona 4. Unfortunately, we must delay Persona 5 once again until every single one of you plays Persona 4. Every. Single. Person.

I played the whole game until the final week without realizing that I had to (like not even a spoiler but whatever - trophy related)
press R1 to scroll to different infiltration tools. I had like 20 deodorants etc by the end of the game because of that, LOL. By the time I realized, it was too late to get them all for the trophy.

lilty

Question on the books / manga.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1927925576/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Is there a list of how many there are for 3 and 4? I thought I remember seeing something a while back that they did the regular game and then golden separately?

3 hasn't finished yet, but it's getting it's 11th and final volume relatively soon. 4 got 10 volumes. I don't think they did Golden separately; you may be thinking of the anime adaptation which had a Golden version released after that focused on Marie.

As usual, don't read the comments.

To this day, I cannot understand what enjoyment people receive from spoiling shit for others. Of course YouTube's recommended videos (with revealing-ass titles) don't help. I've had to install numerous browser extensions just to avoid spoilers/recommended videos lol.

P5_Feb212017_05.jpg

So Pyro Jack is back to Jack-o'-Lantern after all.

asagami_

Banned
I remember read about the names was because the dual nature about the demons shadows and personaes. I will find the source if it still exists.

I remember read about the names was because the dual nature about the demons shadows and personaes. I will find the source if it still exists.

Yeah, that was in the combat UI where it gave a description of the shadows rather than their name on a first encounter, but this is showing the fusion menu alongside the normal names of other shadows, so it's definitely been changed.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
I can barely notice it.
I'm not sure if that's a deliberate addition or just a difference in how the lines are recorded.

It's pretty obvious, with headphones in at least. Especially during the beginning of the trailer when the Velvet Room theme is playing. It sounds really wavy, and individual words end up having this weird reverb while others sound perfectly fine. It makes him sound almost robotic, and the way the voice actor speaks sounds really broken up like he was given direction to specifically sound segmented - which is a weird choice that I can't understand to be honest. I don't mind the voice itself, other than Ryuji it's probably the best so far, but the filter isn't doing it any favors.

barybll

Banned

But why?

For what purpose?

Pyro jack was always Jack-o-Lantern in the japanese version.
But since its a long name they had to shorten it to pyro jack from time to time, depending on how the UI for the game worked.

So you could say that jack-o-lantern is actually the accurate translation

Just watched the trailer, and I really like Igor's voice (minus the weird reverb). Not as big a fan of the twins, but they've really grown on me.

What hasn't grown on me is the decision to pronounce English names in a more Japanese way. I've never in my life heard someone pronounce the name "Justine" as "juu-steen," it's always been "jus-teen" (apologies for the butchered phonetics). They're English names, why not pronounce them that way?

I don't even have a problem with the quality of the localization at this point, but damn if some of the decisions made don't leave me scratching my head.

Just watched the trailer, and I really like Igor's voice (minus the weird reverb). Not as big a fan of the twins, but they've really grown on me.

What hasn't grown on me is the decision to pronounce English names in a more Japanese way. I've never in my life heard someone pronounce the name "Justine" as "juu-steen," it's always been "jus-teen" (apologies for the butchered phonetics). They're English names, why not pronounce them that way?

I don't even have a problem with the quality of the localization at this point, but damn if some of the decisions made don't leave me scratching my head.

Meh.
Still not as glaring as "Sa-KA-moto". :/

That bugs me too, but at least that's a different language they're pronouncing strangely incorrectly. Oh well.

Amended that for you.

Hearing Ann mispronounce that name irked me. Will doubly irk me if these mispronunciations are left in tact in the NA release since the whole reason they gave for this delay to April was to polish the localisation. :V

Amended that for you.

Hearing Ann mispronounce that name irked me. Will doubly irk me if these mispronunciations are left in tact in the NA release since the whole reason they gave for this delay to April was to polish the localisation. :V

If these kinds of things are in the end product, I'm gonna ask two questions:
"How fucked was it beforehand?" and "Did they actually change anything?"

I think the pronunciation is fine, it's just they emphasize the wrong syllable.

That's part of pronunciation.
Namely what part is more pronounced.

Lusankya

Amended that for you.

I think the pronunciation is fine, it's just they emphasize the wrong syllable.

Setsu00

Actually, the katakana for "Justine" and "Caroline" indicates that they are actually meant to be pronounced like French names. And while Igor's pronounciation of "Justine" still isn't quite French, a girl that I grew up with is called Justine and she pronounces her name like that. She's also German, but that's just my two cents on this.

If these kinds of things are in the end product, I'm gonna ask two questions:
"How fucked was it beforehand?" and "Did they actually change anything?"

Considering all four syllable names are pronounced in the same way by various cast members, I'm thinking it was a conscious decision to emphasize the second syllable so heavily. So I doubt they're changing it.

Actually, the katakana for "Justine" and "Caroline" indicates that they are actually meant to be pronounced like French names. And while Igor's pronounciation of "Justine" still isn't quite French, a girl that I grew up with is called Justine and she pronounces her name like that. She's also German, but that's just my two cents on this.

Hmm, that's really interesting. Thanks for sharing that, I never knew. I'm still not sure I like it, but at least I get it now.

It also makes a degree of sense, since Frankenstein (where the names of all the residents come from) takes place at least partially in France.

Top Bottom