• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Let me help rekindle that Persona 5 excitement......

Code:
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/bfdf7e5fd9dd9875950bb3698ef327b4/tumblr_nuuajyC9e11udimtao4_r1_500.gif[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/faclfmz0cbgba5wtow4p.gif[/IMG]
Man, I've been staring at those shots for two years now. There's nothing that can really get me hyped again. I wouldn't even mind another delay to fix the UI at this point.

vaporeon

Persona 5 is selling a million... don't forget that, guys.

Didn't Final Fantasy XV sell super crazy good too at launch or something? The Final Fantasy brand may be bigger but there is a real thirst for AAA JRPGs.

Persona 5 is fine sales wise.
It's cute how you acually think this. Probably more cute than the people that expected a Persona 5 montage at E3.

Provided it's still released in Q2 2017, I think I'd agree.
P5 is gonna be Atlus' first Q1 revenue for the new fiscal year. :''')

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Persona 5 is selling a million... don't forget that, guys.

Didn't Final Fantasy XV sell super crazy good too at launch or something? The Final Fantasy brand may be bigger but there is a real thirst for AAA JRPGs.

Persona 5 is fine sales wise.

Wouldn't Tales of Berseria be a better comparison?

Joqu

I've lost a lot of hype for Persona 5 too. I'm sure I'll still love the hell out of it but the wait has just been too brutal. Those gifs don't do anything for me at this point, yeah.

Oh, and the twitter assholes spoiling the game for me didn't help. If those were real spoilers that is, but I haven't dared to look into it.

Lynx_7

It's cute how you acually think this. Probably more cute than the people that expected a Persona 5 montage at E3.

I mean... The game is already at 600k+ in Asia alone. Possibly 700k since the last time they updated us. It'd need to perform rather badly in the west to not reach at least a million total worldwide sales.

Also, people are too busy right now hyping up Zelda, Horizon, Nioh and Nier to care about a game that won't come out for another month. I'd imagine the hype machine for P5 will pick up steam again towards the end of the month and when reviews start dropping.

The way Atlus handled P5's western release was bumpy to say the least though, no questions. The game would've benefited a lot from releasing last year instead of coming right after a string of highly hyped (and rated) games. Hopefully they learn from this and we won't have to wait this long next time.

Mediking

Anybody else getting the Nintendo Switch, PersonaGAF? My Nintendo Switch comes with Zelda Monday. I'm a huge fan of Nintendo IP. Can't wait for Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Mario, Splatoon 2, etc.

Hopefully that Shin Megami Tensei game announced for Switch is just the beginning of a storm of Atlus games that will be coming to Switch. It happened to 3DS. Hopefully it'll happen to Switch too.

vaporeon

Thanks for saying cute instead of pathetic. Lol
Cute is my favorite word *angel emoji x10*

I mean... The game is already at 600k+ in Asia alone. Possibly 700k since the last time they updated us. It'd need to perform rather badly in the west to not reach at least a million total worldwide sales.

Also, people are too busy right now hyping up Zelda, Horizon, Nioh and Nier to care about a game that won't come out for another month. I'd imagine the hype machine for P5 will pick up steam again towards the end of the month and when reviews start dropping.

The way Atlus handled P5's western release was bumpy to say the least though, no questions. The game would've benefited a lot from releasing last year instead of coming right after a string of highly hyped (and rated) games. Hopefully they learn from this and we won't have to wait this long next time.
I was joking more on the comparison between FFXV sales. I can see P5 hitting or getting close to hitting 1mil sales worldwide in 2017, but I feel like P5 isn't going to be front-loaded in sales because Atlus doesn't have the marketing or distribution budget to rival a Square Enix one. It will have have great legs over time due to good word-of-mouth, like P4G did. I'm super curious to see how high P5 can go after a number of years.

Anybody else getting the Nintendo Switch, PersonaGAF? My Nintendo Switch comes with Zelda Monday. I'm a huge fan of Nintendo IP. Can't wait for Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Mario, Splatoon 2, etc.

Hopefully that Shin Megami Tensei game announced for Switch is just the beginning of a storm of Atlus games that will be coming to Switch. It happened to 3DS. Hopefully it'll happen to Switch too.

Later. Maybe December.

Gotta justify that XB1 purchase first.

Lynx_7

Someday. For now I'm pretty satisfied with Zelda on my Wii U.
Maybe next year.

jzbluz

Next year for FE for sure. Considering how long we've been waiting for P5 (and had to wait for even #FE), I'm not that hyped for SMT even though the wait shouldn't be that long because of share assets.

So, do we know which DLCs we'll get in the western version and whether they'll be paid? I may get this for PS4 if I'm done with Nier and MEA, by the time it releases.

Though, gotta admit that I'm not really hyped for it either.

Yo we're one month away! I hope the hype picks up closer to release. Maybe a lifting of the review embargo a couple days early will help.

Anyway speaking of reviews, I have some extra money and I like you guys. So if Persona 5 scores a 90+ on Metacritic, I'll gift the game to a random person. My dumbass impulsively posted about this in the Nier review thread and I think I derailed it. So if you're a member of the Persona community (Send me a PM if you're interested) or the Nier review thread (lol), be on the lookout for a digital code or PM or something if this game scores 90+ on Metacritic. I think it'll be via a PSN card or something. Never done anything like this before and I think this is the last time I'll do it.

I saw Zelda made Metacritic trending on Twitter and I got jealous. Plus I'd wanna do something to celebrate. Love!

Yo we're one month away! I hope the hype picks up closer to release. Maybe a lifting of the review embargo a couple days early will help.

Anyway speaking of reviews, I have some extra money and I like you guys. So if Persona 5 scores a 90+ on Metacritic, I'll gift the game to a random person. My dumbass impulsively posted about this in the Nier review thread and I think I derailed it. So if you're a member of the Persona community (Send me a PM if you're interested) or the Nier review thread (lol), be on the lookout for a digital code or PM or something if this game scores 90+ on Metacritic. I think it'll be via a PSN card or something. Never done anything like this before and I think this is the last time I'll do it.

I saw Zelda made Metacritic trending on Twitter and I got jealous. Plus I'd wanna do something to celebrate. Love!

Dunno if I'd be participating but this is amazing of you! :D

So, do we know which DLCs we'll get in the western version and whether they'll be paid? I may get this for PS4 if I'm done with Nier and MEA, by the time it releases.

I know the armchair marketing schtick has been beaten to death at this point, but this is another thing that's just so weird to me. We had a month of trailers promoting the DLC in January--with a reminder that a DLC schedule would come out soon--but now it's March and there's still no schedule. It was weird enough advertising all of the DLC over two months before launch, but now there's even a one-month-plus gap between the advertising of the DLC and the specifics of the DLC.

I know the armchair marketing schtick has been beaten to death at this point, but this is another thing that's just so weird to me. We had a month of trailers promoting the DLC in January--with a reminder that a DLC schedule would come out soon--but now it's March and there's still no schedule. It was weird enough advertising all of the DLC over two months before launch, but now there's even a one-month-plus gap between the advertising of the DLC and the specifics of the DLC.
That is really disappointing and bizarre to be honest. Cause we are less than a month away from release
(unless...)
and we still don't know any of these stuff.

Do we know how did they handle the DLCs in Japan? Was it paid or free? Cause if it was free then it would be really shitty if they'd make them paid for the western release. Look at what you did with Yakuza 0 and repeat it here Atlus.

That is really disappointing and bizarre to be honest. Cause we are less than a month away from release
(unless...)
and we still don't know any of these stuff.

Do we know how did they handle the DLCs in Japan? Was it paid or free? Cause if it was free then it would be really shitty if they'd make them paid for the western release. Look at what you did with Yakuza 0 and repeat it here Atlus.

Most of the DLC was paid, some of it was free. Not sure if tags are necessary for DLC descriptions but if I remember right,
the swimsuits, casual clothes, Christmas costumes, butler costumes, and Catherine costumes were free. The Persona 1 costumes were originally paid but became free due to a discrepancy with the pack name (It was called the Megami Ibunroku pack but only had Persona PSP music). All the persona DLC was paid.

Most of the DLC was paid, some of it was free. Not sure if tags are necessary for DLC descriptions but if I remember right,
the swimsuits, casual clothes, Christmas costumes, butler costumes, and Catherine costumes were free. The Persona 1 costumes were originally paid but became free due to a discrepancy with the pack name (It was called the Megami Ibunroku pack but only had Persona PSP music). All the persona DLC was paid.
Thank you for the detailed answer.

I expect Atlus to do the same with the western release then. All outfits should be free while other stuff could be paid.

Thank you for the detailed answer.

I expect Atlus to do the same with the western release then. All outfits should be free while other stuff could be paid.
There were still a lot of paid outfits though, just the ones I mentioned were free. Well, technically they are costume+music packs, but I expect they'll be paid in the West too.

My theory there is that the DLC, and most of the other trailers, were still timed with the February date in mind, which is why closer to launch we're now getting less trailers.

Deep Silver did confirm that we should be getting every piece of DLC that Japan got though.

Realistically, there'll be a Yakuza-0-like marketing cycle of preview/review embargo.

Unlike Yakuza I expect P5's preview to be timely, so that will hopefully help out.

It's times like this that we realise that P5, as big as it is, ain't getting any huge special treatment that it should overseas in terms of a big push. Atlus is still Atlus, at the end of the day.

cj_iwakura

I'm dreading how I'm going to get media for the OT without stumbling across spoilers. Probably going to rely strictly on videos and stuff from the official website(s).

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm dreading how I'm going to get media for the OT without stumbling across spoilers. Probably going to rely strictly on videos and stuff from the official website(s).

If there are any particular images you need but don't want to search for out of fear for spoilers, feel free to PM me and I can try and find them for you.

cj_iwakura

If there are any particular images you need but don't want to search for out of fear for spoilers, feel free to PM me and I can try and find them for you.

Appreciated. I think I should be good, but I'll let you know. I mostly wanted to do some flashy gifs for the banners to integrate the style of the game. I think the official trailers should have enough material to use.

My theory there is that the DLC, and most of the other trailers, were still timed with the February date in mind, which is why closer to launch we're now getting less trailers.
That's what I was thinking as well. But since the delay was announced in November, shouldn't that be plenty of time to change the timing of the trailers? Though at this point I'm just pointlessly speculating so I should just drop it, haha.

Strimei

It hasn't really "hit" me yet that P5 is out in a month.

Like, in 30 days I will come home from work, and find the Take Your Heart edition waiting for me.

I can't comprehend it.

I've looked around a bit but does anyone know if there'll be a digital release of the PS3 version of P5? I'm living in Japan right now and I'm trying to figure out the cheapest and fastest way to get playing since I didn't bring any consoles over here with me lol.

Lusankya

I've looked around a bit but does anyone know if there'll be a digital release of the PS3 version of P5? I'm living in Japan right now and I'm trying to figure out the cheapest and fastest way to get playing since I didn't bring any consoles over here with me lol.

Yes, there will be a digital release on PS3 (you can't pre-order it, though).

Top Bottom