• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Darkman M

Draft was today standard 10 team.

QB Andy Dalton
RB Todd Gurley
RB Carlos Hyde
WR Brandon Marshall
WR Demaryius Thomas
TE Jared Cook
Flex Julian Edelman
D/ST Chiefs
K Roberto Aquayo

Bench
Arian Foster
Jeremy Langford
Kelvin Benjamen
Duke Johnson JR
Stefon Diggs
Antonio Gates
Zach Miller

Hazelhurst

My 12 team standard work league draft results with having third overall pick:

QB - Eli Manning
RB - Latavius Murray
RB - Jeremy Langford
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Alshon Jeffery
TE - Martellus Bennett
FLEX - Mike Evans
D/ST - Texans
K - Brandon McManus

Bench:
Sterling Shepard
Corey Coleman
Devontae Booker
Phillip Dorsett
Spencer Ware
Tyler Boyd
Jerick McKinnon

I chose to go for three top wide receivers as my first three picks.I had third pick and was going to go with Gurley, but he got picked second. So, I couldn't resist Julio. I was then hoping to get Rawls/McCoy and Latavius. However, someone nabbed Rawls and McCoy before I could get either. I got Latavius and Langford as my running backs. I'm very weak in that department. Also, my bench is pretty weak, being made up mostly promising unproven rookies and a few handcuffs.

Someone in the league, who came in 2nd place the past two years, went with Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck with their second and third round picks. Crazy strat. I do think Luck bounces back big time this year.

Hazelhurst

I just finished the draft for my money league. Feels like I'm going to be stealing their money.

QB- Brees
RB- Lacy
RB- J. Stewart
WR- Brown
WR- Hopkins
FLEX- A. Robinson
TE- Kelce
K- Tucker
DEF- Raiders
QB2- Bortles
QB3- Mariota
WR3- Cobb
WR4- Moncrief
RB3- Gordon
RB4- Henry
TE2- Miller

I'm trying to figure out how you got Antonio Brown, Deandre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, and Eddie Lacy.

Beach

Draft was today standard 10 team.

QB Andy Dalton
RB Todd Gurley
RB Carlos Hyde
WR Brandon Marshall
WR Demaryius Thomas
TE Jared Cook
Flex Julian Edelman
D/ST Chiefs
K Roberto Aquayo

Bench
Arian Foster
Jeremy Langford
Kelvin Benjamen
Duke Johnson JR
Stefon Diggs
Antonio Gates
Zach Miller

Can't argue, definitely a solid team, nice draft

Lol Bucs kicker ;)

PPR, 10 Team League, not in love, feel it's average

QB Ben Roethlisberger
RB David Johnson
RB Jonathan Stewar
WR Allen Robinson
WR Jarvis Landry
TE Tyler Eifert
Flex Thomas Rawls
D/ST Cardinals
K Cairo Santos

Emmanuel Sanders
Jordan Matthews
Chris Ivory
Tyler Lockett
Kirk Cousins
James Starks
Jared Cook
Bills D

Make up the rest

Dosia

I just finished the draft for my money league. Feels like I'm going to be stealing their money.

QB- Brees
RB- Lacy
RB- J. Stewart
WR- Brown
WR- Hopkins
FLEX- A. Robinson
TE- Kelce
K- Tucker
DEF- Raiders
QB2- Bortles
QB3- Mariota
WR3- Cobb
WR4- Moncrief
RB3- Gordon
RB4- Henry
TE2- Miller

6 team league, or are they remedial? Both?

Jims

I think you should be okay. Kirk plays in the NFC Least and Langford is one of few options for the Bears, so you just have to ride them a few weeks and then either you have a great second QB or you can toss Kirk in the fire and enjoy the free waiver spot that opened up on your bench. Besides, you'll get Brady fully rested and ready to kill the league.

I hope so. I feel like the 'Skins don't really have a running game, so just through sheer volume alone, Cousins should probably get there. They're going to throw the ball a ton. Someone snatched Deangelo Williams right before me, so running Le'Veon without a safety net is going to be a gamble.

I drafted Crowell last year and it was basically throwing away a draft pick, but the bottom line is they finally have a quarterback who has played some professional football in the past. And a receiver who has played some professional football! They already have a better offense than the Titans! There is really no reason why even if the Browns RBs are mediocre, they should be mediocre +25% over last season.

I like Crowell more because all he has really done last season and this preseason is prove he should start. He's not flashy but gets the yards while Duke styles on the bench. As long as RG3 stays alive he is totally a flex option, but probably matchup dependent because the Browns are still going to get killed against some opponents.

Yeah, seems like a lot of their running game will be depending on the quarterback. RG3 has a pretty decent deep throw, it's just the mid-range 10-20 yd reads he struggles with. I kinda expect them to chuck a lot of balls downfield at Josh Gordon, run the ball a bunch, and do little 5 yard screens to Duke Johnson and stuff.

But yeah, it's the Browns. Gonna have to be a matchup play until they get consistent on offense.

No that's bad value. I don't love Gurley in the first round, but he's absolutely a better value than Bell who is automatically guaranteed to miss three games, and has an extensive history injury. Watkins vs. Matthews doesn't require much analysis...Watkins is the far better receiver.

Basically this entire trade hinges on Reed>Allen. There's a large ADP gap in Reed's favour, but TEs seem like an especially volatile position this year which is why I'd rather grab one late. Reed in particular has missed almost a third of his career games due to injury...

I felt the same way, that's why I didn't go through with it. I did give him another offer. Charles and either Maclin or Kelvin(my 4th and 5th) for Leveon and Reed(5th). I think this way neither of us should feel like one is trying to cheat the other or get the better end of the deal.

QB- Brees
RB- Lacy
RB- J. Stewart
WR- Brown
WR- Hopkins
FLEX- A. Robinson
TE- Kelce
K- Tucker
DEF- Raiders
QB2- Bortles
QB3- Mariota
WR3- Cobb
WR4- Moncrief
RB3- Gordon
RB4- Henry
TE2- Miller

Wait what? Unless this is a 6 man league(or maybe even 4?) or you're in a league with a bunch of non football fans who decided to draft their own team instead of auto drafting I don't understand how this is possible.

ICanRuinYourDay

Neo Member
Playing in a 12 team PPR-league with the 11th pick after winning last year's league:

QB1: Blake Bortles
RB1: Carlos Hyde
RB2: Jeremy Langford
WR1: DeAndre Hopkins
WR2: Amari Cooper
TE1: Rob Gronkowski
Flex: Allen Hurns
D/ST: Raiders
K: Chris Boswell

Bench:
Tyrod Taylor (QB)
Melvin Gordon (RB)
Devontae Booker (RB)
Markus Wheaton (WR)
Austin Sefarian-Jenkins (TE)
Redskins (D/ST)

Not very optimistic this season with my RB situation. Also, there's a 4 player limit to RBs and WRs. Might need to look at some trade options.

UberTag

Wait what? Unless this is a 6 man league(or maybe even 4?) or you're in a league with a bunch of non football fans who decided to draft their own team instead of auto drafting I don't understand how this is possible.
Just to play devil's advocate this roster is definitely feasible in an auction draft. Unlikely... BUT feasible.
Completely WTF in a snake draft, though.

I'm trying to figure out how you got Antonio Brown, Deandre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, and Eddie Lacy.

6 team league, or are they remedial? Both?

8 man money league. I had the #1 pick in a draft where people went RB, QB, and Gronk crazy while leaving all of the WRs up for grabs. It was insane. Julio was the 3rd receiver taken and he lasted until mid 2nd round. Even defenses were being drafted starting in the 4th rounds. It was by far the most mind-boggling draft I've been a part of so far.

And yes, it was an ESPN snake draft.

necrosis

8 man money league. I had the #1 pick in a draft where people went RB, QB, and Gronk crazy while leaving all of the WRs up for grabs. It was insane. Julio was the 3rd receiver taken and he lasted until mid 2nd round. Even defenses were being drafted starting in the 4th rounds. It was by far the most mind-boggling draft I've been a part of so far.

have these people played fantasy before

10 team, PPR, with superflex.
Never did a superflex league before. Pretty happy with the results even though I had the 10th pick. Cam, Rodgers and Luck all went in the 1st round before me, so I snagged Hopkins and AP back to back. After Wilson and Brees went in 2nd, picked up Roethlisberger and Eli later.

QB Ben Roethlisberger
WR DeAndre Hopkins
WR Eric Decker
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Devonta Freeman
TE Zach Ertz
W/R/T Arian Foster
Q/W/R/T Eli Manning
K Justin Tucker
DEF Arizona

Bench
WR Marvin Jones Jr.
WR Willie Snead
TE Martellus Bennett
RB Darren Sproles
QB Robert Griffin III
TE Jared Cook
WR Phillip Dorsett

Is this league PPR? I can't see you losing a single game barring some insane barrage of injuries.

UberTag

Is this league PPR? I can't see you losing a single game barring some insane barrage of injuries.
No kidding. Going QB crazy in an 8-team league is just plain idiocy unless you have superflex rules in play or something. There's no excuse for that.

Cappa

Banned
People posting these teams with ridiculous rosters you can't actually believe you're good at fantasy football just because everyone else is so bad right lol? I didn't think 8 team leagues even existed... How much was entry fee?

Anyway, I just drafted in my big money league last night. 12 team ppr 20 man rosters. Starting requirements are
Qb 2rbs 3wrs 1te 2flex 1k 1def

Entry fee was $250,league winner gets 1,000$. Grand prize is $200,000

My roster picking 1.04
Carson Palmer
Matt Ryan

Julio Jones
Alshon Jeffery
Larry Fitzgerald
Kevin white
Stefon Diggs
Robert woods
Terrence Williams
Tajae Sharpe
Kenny stills

Jamaal Charles
Giovanni Bernard
Jonathan Stewart
Dion Lewis
Josh Ferguson

Tyler Eifert
Martellus Bennett

Stephen gostkowski

Defense Streaming

I think I got the strongest wr core in the league. My weakest position is RB and QB but I'm ok with that. I really like my draft. I've had other drafts but the one I wanted to do the best in (and the one with most competition) I think I knocked it out of the park.

Yeah, it's PPR. It's a $50 entry fee and winner takes the pot. 2nd place gets their money back. I also work in the middle of Broncos country so there were quite a few Denver players going way earlier than ever expected.

People posting these teams with ridiculous rosters you can't actually believe you're good at fantasy football just because everyone else is so bad right lol? I didn't think 8 team leagues even existed... How much was entry fee?

Which league is this? One of the FBG championship entry leagues? I can't remember what it's called but your specs seem pretty similar. Sounds kinda fun if I was eligible (Quebec never is)

Cappa said:
Carson Palmer
Matt Ryan

Julio Jones
Alshon Jeffery
Larry Fitzgerald
Kevin white
Stefon Diggs
Robert woods
Terrence Williams
Tajae Sharpe
Kenny stills

Jamaal Charles
Giovanni Bernard
Jonathan Stewart
Dion Lewis
Josh Ferguson

Tyler Eifert
Martellus Bennett

Stephen gostkowski

Defense Streaming

I think I got the strongest wr core in the league. My weakest position is RB and QB but I'm ok with that. I really like my draft. I've had other drafts but the one I wanted to do the best in (and the one with most competition) I think I knocked it out of the park.

Does this league type support trading?

I'd say your worries are

1) Ryan is a very low ceiling QB, I mean he's a good bye guy or if Carson is hurt but you just can't expect a top 10 finish that might make him a real asset.

2) Eifert and Lewis are basically dead weight for awhile. I like pairing Eifert with Bennett but you're going to have to eat a couple of zero weeks unless B-Mart really finds a way to get on Garropolo's page.

3) Probably should consider dealing some WR depth when you can if prospects look up. Williams and Wood are probably dead weight.

Overall a very strong WR lineup for this kind of league though, you're obviously way better off rolling WR than RB since you can start up to 5.

Cappa

Banned
Which league is this? One of the FBG championship entry leagues? I can't remember what it's called but your specs seem pretty similar. Sounds kinda fun if I was eligible (Quebec never is)

Does this league type support trading?

I'd say your worries are

1) Ryan is a very low ceiling QB, I mean he's a good bye guy or if Carson is hurt but you just can't expect a top 10 finish that might make him a real asset.

2) Eifert and Lewis are basically dead weight for awhile. I like pairing Eifert with Bennett but you're going to have to eat a couple of zero weeks unless B-Mart really finds a way to get on Garropolo's page.

3) Probably should consider dealing some WR depth when you can if prospects look up. Williams and Wood are probably dead weight.

Overall a very strong WR lineup for this kind of league though, you're obviously way better off rolling WR than RB since you can start up to 5.
The league is on RTSports.com it's their Championship format.

I agree with your asessment on my team and my thoughts exactly! Although, if it were up to me, I wouldn't even have a 2nd QB. There were 23 QBs who threw over 3,000 yards, 17 that thew over 3,800. So yeah, basically I hold off on QB in every draft lol

I actually really like Bennet and I think Gronkowski is being over drafted. The difference between Gronk and the rest of good TEs has gotten smaller. I think Bennet, while no Gronk, is going to put up numbers. During preseason him and Gronk have lined up plenty. I think he's going to have a huge role this season.

I definitely agree that I need to trade some of my WR depth for an upgrade elsewhere though. I'm definitely going to look into getting something done before the season starts.

The league is on RTSports.com it's their Championship format.

Okay, so similar setup. Like I said, would be awesome to play but I'd just be throwing away dollars for nothing lol.

I agree with your asessment on my team and my thoughts exactly! Although, if it were up to me, I wouldn't even have a 2nd QB. There were 23 QBs who threw over 3,000 yards, 17 that thew over 3,800. So yeah, basically I hold off on QB in every draft lol

Oh, I think there are QBs worth drafting earlyish. But if there is a heavy weight towards WR/TE you absolutely have to wait at least 4 rounds. For example, I took RWilson in the 3rd of my keeper league, but that's a league where you can only start 2+1 receivers and the top 10 were all kept. In your league you could start 3+2 which is huuuuge. It's totally weighted towards WR and I am honestly shocked there isn't a QB flex like in, say, the ESPN Man's League or something like that.

Cappa said:
I actually really like Bennet and I think Gronkowski is being over drafted. The difference between Gronk and the rest of good TEs has gotten smaller. I think Bennet, while no Gronk, is going to put up numbers. During preseason him and Gronk have lined up plenty. I think he's going to have a huge role this season.

I hope so, because I drafted Bennett + Gates in my keeper league. ;-) I just think asking Belicheck to move back to the two useful TE system from their "2nd TE is only a decoy" one is a hard ask. My fuse on this is 4 weeks, let's see...

Cappa said:
I definitely agree that I need to trade some of my WR depth for an upgrade elsewhere though. I'm definitely going to look into getting something done before the season starts.

Yeah, if possible. Terrence Williams is probably dead weight for now so you probably have to hold onto him, but I would love to offload Woods or Stills or White in some kind of upgrade package. Gotta be creative though.

Nafai1123

Banned
Man I'm pissed. My work league got taken over by a bunch of lazy fuckers and now we apparently are forced to do an auto-draft this year. Such bullshit.

Tom Nook

You not getting OBJ unless your league is full of morons. Do mock drafts to get a realistic expectation of who will be avail at 8.

Did a mock draft...

Your Team

QB Ben Roethlisberger PIT
RB Ezekiel Elliott DAL
RB Ryan Mathews PHI
WR Allen Robinson JAC
WR Amari Cooper OAK
TE Jordan Reed WAS
FLX Eric Decker NYJ
DST Houston Texans HOU
K Stephen Gostkowski NE
BN Duke Johnson CLE
BN Allen Hurns JAC
BN T.J. Yeldon JAC
BN Bilal Powell NYJ
BN Tyrod Taylor BUF
BN Travis Benjamin SD

Looks good. I'll go with this.

Your Draft Grade Is:

A
93 out of 100

I guess Elliot is my best 1st choice at #8.

Tom Nook

Man I'm pissed. My work league got taken over by a bunch of lazy fuckers and now we apparently are forced to do an auto-draft this year. Such bullshit.

Don't you hate when the person who auto-draft ends up with the best team and goes all the way to the championship match.

TylerD

Did our 10 team QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, DEF, K standard draft last night.

4th pick, took ODB. Pretty happy overall. Someone took Dez with the 3rd overall pick after knowing Romo was hurt again. LOL

Palmer
Manning

Ingram
Hyde
Gordon
Johnson Jr.

Beckham
A Robinson
A Cooper
Watkins
T Benjamin
Jones Jr.

Fleener

Kansas City

Walsh

Finished my first fantasy draft last night (8 person draft) and I think I did alright, but I don't actually have any idea what I'm doing...I played a few weeks of FanDuel last season and otherwise I've never played.

Lineup:

QB: Drew Brees
WR: DeAndre Hopkins
WR: Golden Tate
WR: Demaryius Thomas
RB: Mark Ingram
RB: Jonathan Stewart
TE: Rob Gronkowski
K: Justin Tucker
DEF: Seattle
BN: Robert Griffin III
BN: DeMarco Murray
BN: Tyler Lockett
BN: Emmanuel Sanders
BN: Zach Ertz
BN: New England DEF

So I guess my question is...now what? I hear people talking about waivers, but I don't actually have any idea what that means. I don't know what I should be doing now, or if I'm supposed to just ignore it and hope for the best on week 1-16 and just trade out players on their bye weeks.

I'm a FF newbie, halp

ColdPizza

Banned
Draft is next week, but I feel pretty confident to be able to keep Cam Newton and Jeremy Langford for basically next to nothing in our auction draft (keepers are $7 more than what they were drafted for the previous year for a total of up to 3 years before we have to give them up, non-drafted players just cost $7 the following season if picked up on waivers).

So our max budget is $200 and I'm keeping Newton for $23 and Langford for $7...both of these guys in our normal draft would end up around $40-50 each.

toneroni

2QB PPR League

QB: Rodgers / T.Taylor
WR: A Brown / K.Allen / J. Brown
RB: Rawls / Woodhead
TE: Olsen
Flex: T. Smith / M. Jones

Bench: D. Lewis / J.White / Aiken / Sims / Coates / VJax / Alex Smith (need to drop 1)

What do you guys think?
Think I reached too early on QB and TE since they're fairly deep.
I've been trying to shop some WR for an RB since I lost Lewis to injury.
Looking to snag Forte/JStew but still working the deal. I was dumb and dropped CMike early and someone picked him up. Hopefully Rawls gets healthy soon.

toneroni

Finished my first fantasy draft last night (8 person draft) and I think I did alright, but I don't actually have any idea what I'm doing...I played a few weeks of FanDuel last season and otherwise I've never played.

Lineup:

QB: Drew Brees
WR: DeAndre Hopkins
WR: Golden Tate
WR: Demaryius Thomas
RB: Mark Ingram
RB: Jonathan Stewart
TE: Rob Gronkowski
K: Justin Tucker
DEF: Seattle
BN: Robert Griffin III
BN: DeMarco Murray
BN: Tyler Lockett
BN: Emmanuel Sanders
BN: Zach Ertz
BN: New England DEF

So I guess my question is...now what? I hear people talking about waivers, but I don't actually have any idea what that means. I don't know what I should be doing now, or if I'm supposed to just ignore it and hope for the best on week 1-16 and just trade out players on their bye weeks.

I'm a FF newbie, halp

Pretty solid team. Don't really need to keep 2 Def, use that spot for a sleeper instead. About Waivers, find out how priority works - whether its by record or not. Waivers is how you claim free agents following the weekend games.

wbsmcs

Have a draft tomorrow but I absolutely hate this league. We find out the draft order 10 minutes before the draft because people don't want it to be unfair and have other people prepare by doing mock drafts. We are only allowed a max of 3 moves per week, so streaming QBs and DEF could be hard. And waivers is by reverse order of standings so it just rewards people for doing poorly early on.

Hoping for a top 3 pick, and Charles to fall to me in the 2nd.

FTF

Did our 10 team QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, DEF, K standard draft last night.

4th pick, took ODB. Pretty happy overall. Someone took Dez with the 3rd overall pick after knowing Romo was hurt again. LOL

Palmer
Manning

Ingram
Hyde
Gordon
Johnson Jr.

Beckham
A Robinson
A Cooper
Watkins
T Benjamin
Jones Jr.

Fleener

Kansas City

Walsh

Those are some really good receivers. Does your league have a flex where you could play all 4 at once?

Pretty solid team. Don't really need to keep 2 Def, use that spot for a sleeper instead. About Waivers, find out how priority works - whether its by record or not. Waivers is how you claim free agents following the weekend games.

Thanks. Yeah, I figured I would need a second D for Seattle's bye week, but I guess I could just pick something up that week? And I would just cut my NE defense to have a slot open for waivers? My league has waiver priority set by reverse draft order and I drafted last, so I get top priority.

Some of you guys draft with amateurs, haha. Some stacked teams. I had my 12 team PPR league draft tonight. I am working on my running back situation through trades but:

Brees / Cousins
Rawls / Forsett / Ajiyah / and a few others
AJ Green / TY Hilton / Fitzgerald / John Brown
Gronkowski / Jimmy Graham
Texans D
McManus

I feel like Gronk, AJ, TY, and Fitz will net me close to 80 a week alone, haha. I am trying to trade for Ryan Mathews. Feel he's going to kill it.

Here's my squad, we drafted earlier this month due to people leaving for Vacation and what not. I waited on a QB and some of these assholes decided to draft a 3rd QB to screw me over, jokes on them because I got Famous Jameis in the 12th. Anything with a W I picked up on waivers recently. Note: We are a keeper league, I have Gurley and Le'Veon on my team because of that.

10 Team, 1 pt PPR.

QB: Jameis Winston
RB: Todd Gurley
RB: Le'Veon Bell
WR: Allen Robinson
WR: Keenan Allen
WR: Donte Moncrief
TE: Antonio Gates
F/x: Michael Floyd
F/x: Arian Foster
K: Steven Hauschka
Def: Minnesota Vikings (W)

Bn: Duke Johnson Jr.
Bn: Sterling Shepard
Bn: Willie Snead
Bn: Charles Sims (currently in for Le'Veon atm)
Bn: Bilal Powell (W)
Bn: Dak Prescott (W) (I BELIEVE! picked him up Saturday, dropped Fitzpatrick)

Trying to make trades with the guys in my main league is just too fucking hard. First two years these idiots were vetoing every thing. We finally get rid of it because at least half the guys can't be trusted. But even then when I tried making trades last year I had no takers because A) people were too loyal to the guys they drafted and B) They won't trade unless the trade was heavily in their favor. Early into last season I tried Demaryius for Frank Gore, he wouldn't do it. Around mid season I tried John Brown for Gio Bernard, that guy wouldn't do it unless I give him Demaryius instead. Both times I felt it was either fair or I slightly gave them the better end of the deal. I was kind of desperate for a RB because I misfired with McCoy(injured a lot) and Randle(went AWOL on his team).

And now my latest effort, I tried Charles and either Maclin or Benjamin(my 2nd, 4th, and 5th) for Leveon and Jordan Reed(his 2nd and 5th). Again value wise I think that's about even or slightly in his favor. And again I deal with another person who won't unless he comes out further on top. He wants Gurley instead of Charles. He justifies it by saying he would be hurting badly at the TE position. We're using the chat section of the Yahoo fantasy app. But if I could talk to him in person I would have probably said "Who gives a fuck?". I sent a fair trade, if you don't want it then it's cool. But I feel so insulted when they come back with a counter offer like this and I honestly believe they don't think anything is wrong with it.

Sorry, had to get that out of my system.

Cappa

Banned
I

And now my latest effort, I tried Charles and either Maclin or Benjamin(my 2nd, 4th, and 5th) for Leveon and Jordan Reed(his 2nd and 5th). Again value wise I think that's about even or slightly in his favor. And again I deal with another person who won't unless he comes out further on top. He wants Gurley instead of Charles. He justifies it by saying he would be hurting badly at the TE position. We're using the chat section of the Yahoo fantasy app. But if I could talk to him in person I would have probably said "Who gives a fuck?". I sent a fair trade, if you don't want it then it's cool. But I feel so insulted when they come back with a counter offer like this and I honestly believe they don't think anything is wrong with it.

His counter is fair. Reed is much better than Maclin and Benjamin he also plays a position that isn't as deep as wr. Le'Veon Bell would be the first RB drafted were not for his suspension. You easily would win that deal so I don't see why you're upset outside the fact that the other team actually is knowledgeable.

His counter is fair. Reed is much better than Maclin and Benjamin he also plays a position that isn't as deep as wr. Le'Veon Bell would be the first RB drafted were not for his suspension. You easily would win that deal so I don't see why you're upset outside the fact that the other team actually is knowledgeable.

You'd have a point if this was after week 3. But guess what, it's not. Leveon is going to miss 3 games and Gurley would be a consensus top 3 fantasy RB even if Leveon didn't miss any games. What am I getting in return for those 3 missed games? Jordan Reed? I had the guy last year, he's good but he's no Gronk either. He's had one good year so far and a extensive history of injury in his short career.

I do agree that Reed's value is higher because of his position. But I'm not low balling him with my WR offer. Maclin and Benjamin are consensus 4th/5th round players everywhere you look, in the same ballpark as Reed. And that's what I will go by regardless of how people personally value players since the season hasn't started yet.

Cappa

Banned
You'd have a point if this was after week 3. But guess what, it's not. Leveon is going to miss 3 games and Gurley would be a consensus top 3 fantasy RB even if Leveon didn't miss any games. What am I getting in return for those 3 missed games? Jordan Reed? I had the guy last year, he's good but he's no Gronk either. He's had one good year so far and a extensive history of injury in his short career.

I do agree that Reed's value is higher because of his position. But I'm not low balling him with my WR offer. Maclin and Benjamin are consensus 4th/5th round players everywhere you look, in the same ballpark as Reed. And that's what I will go by regardless of how people personally value players since the season hasn't started yet.

The distance between gronkowski and other TEs has closed down tremendously so much so many experts have argued that based on ADP gronkowski should be avoided if possible because there are other TEs available for cheaper who will produce all the same. I don't understand why you are bringing ing draft position into the equation? What does it matter where a player was drafted? Kelvin is coming off an injury as well, Maclin and Jamaal Charles are also injury prone.

I would have countered with the same thing if I was the other team and it'd be a completely fair trade.

I value bell more than Charles and Reed much more than Maclin and much more so than Kelvin Benjamin. He has yet to prove anything in this league. His rookie season was riddled with drops and most of his production came during garbage time. Carolina is obviously a much better team than what they were during his rookie year so we will see how he will produce. If I recall I think over 60% of Benjamin's production came in garbage time, with Carolina being much better we'll see if he can produce consistently.

Look Gurley and Maclin / Benjamin for bell and Reed is more than fair, hell if i were you I'd do it anyway.

Gurley opens up at 49ers and Seahawks not exactly an easy schedule either so his gordt two weeks of production might not be what you'd expect from a top 3 rb.

I don't think his counter is unfair and I think you're overreacting. Just my opinion though

I'm bringing up draft position because that's all we can go by right now. The season hasn't started yet so we can't start changing the value of these players until then. I don't think he's trying to rip me off, but I do feel he won't do it unless he feels he gets the better end of the deal. I know these guys personally and dealt with them for years now so I know how they think.

I like Bell more than Gurley and Charles. But I consider Reed, Maclin, and Benjamin a toss up this year. In the end it comes back to the fact that Bell is going to miss 3 games this year and he wasn't who I was pursuing in the first place. My goal was to get Jordan Reed. But this guy auto drafted his team and is very weak at RB to start the season. I threw in Charles to try and entice him but it wasn't good enough for him. Emotionally I do think I overreacted, but I'm sticking with my decision. Maybe more people will agree with you. That's fine, I just see things differently so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

TylerD

Those are some really good receivers. Does your league have a flex where you could play all 4 at once?

Nope, just 3 at once. I'll use the boris chen tier system @ borischen.co to help me determine who is the best play on a given weekend but the prospect of Amari blowing up this year is a tasty one. I had A Brown, Hopkins, Evans, and John Brown last year so it's been a couple of good years for WRs

I guess I'll show my core roster in my keeper league so you guys can have a gander. 12 team, non PPR, 4 keepers but it costs draft round last year + 1. In practice I guess this means the top 20 are all gone and you pick 3 rounds ahead of ADP until later in the draft.

QB: Russell Wilson
WR: Larry Fitzgerald / Jeremy Maclin
RB: Le'Veon Bell / Jamaal Charles
TE: Antonio Gates / Martellus Bennett
Flex: Latavius Murray

Bench WR: Julian Edelman / Emmanuel Sanders / Devin Funchess
Bench RB: DeAngelo Williams / Jay Ajayi

Only guy I don't really feel comfortable about is Ajayi, but who's to say Foster is sturdy?

I got the 11th pick in a 14 team league.

I'm assuming dez, Aj green, bell, Elliot or Lamar Miller (one or a few at least) will still be available.

How bad does this romo injury hurt dez's stock?

If you had the choice in a .5 ppr league, who would you target?

kingocfs

Alright, just had my first draft of the year. I won this league last year so I drafted last this year. 12 team PPR league and Yahoo pegged me as having the worst draft with a grade of D. I didn't think it was all that bad though. Thoughts?

QB: Palmer
WR: Robinson
WR: Watkins
RB: Johnson
RB: Murray
TE: Barnidge
FLEX: Cobb
DEF: NE
K: Folk

RB: Matthews
RB: Crowell
RB: Abdullah
WR: Lockett
WR: Snead
TE: Whitten

Def and K I plan on streaming every week like always. First two picks were Johnson and Robinson.

kingocfs

I got the 11th pick in a 14 team league.

I'm assuming dez, Aj green, bell, Elliot or Lamar Miller (one or a few at least) will still be available.

How bad does this romo injury hurt dez's stock?

If you had the choice in a .5 pot league, who would you target?

Green over Bryant for sure if both are there.

spyder_ur

Just realized there was a thread this year. Nice! I've got all three of my main drafts coming up this weekend.

Guys I'm targeting this year for their relative ADP:

Stafford, Rivers, RGIII, Mariota
Crowell, Hill, Henry, James White, Hyde, Murray
Funchess, Michael Thomas, Hilton, Dorsett, Torrey Smith, Diggs, Snead
Fleener, Bennett

Avoiding relative to ADP:
Bortles, Big Ben
AP, McCoy, Rawls
Benjamin, Parker, Hurns and especially Robinson, Treadwell, Baldwin

Trying to make trades with the guys in my main league is just too fucking hard. First two years these idiots were vetoing every thing. We finally get rid of it because at least half the guys can't be trusted. But even then when I tried making trades last year I had no takers because A) people were too loyal to the guys they drafted and B) They won't trade unless the trade was heavily in their favor. Early into last season I tried Demaryius for Frank Gore, he wouldn't do it. Around mid season I tried John Brown for Gio Bernard, that guy wouldn't do it unless I give him Demaryius instead. Both times I felt it was either fair or I slightly gave them the better end of the deal. I was kind of desperate for a RB because I misfired with McCoy(injured a lot) and Randle(went AWOL on his team).

Your initial offer was fine - even if personally I think you're overvaluing Maclin and Benjamin who are in a slew of solid 3-7 round receivers (Benjamin in particular is dropping fast). His counter offer was also more than fine. Follow your own advice in bold.

You have to remember that not everyone values players the same way you do.

Top Bottom