• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

I got the 11th pick in a 14 team league.

I'm assuming dez, Aj green, bell, Elliot or Lamar Miller (one or a few at least) will still be available.

Probably. 11 means you pick again 6 spots later, so you get a good mix from Tier 2.

How bad does this romo injury hurt dez's stock?

Pretty bad. 6-10 weeks means anywhere from 4 games to half the season. If Dak turns out to be good, no worries, but if not...you could be better off with Demaryius Thomas...

Cappa

Banned
Reed and Maclin are in the same tier:
http://www.borischen.co/?m=1

Le'Veon Bell does have a suspension so that has to be taken into account when determining his value. There's a reason why he's not being taken in the first round.
I don't know who or what boris Chen is but while Reed and Maclin have the same ADP I think Jordan Reed is a much better value than Maclin simply based on ADP. Reed is the better player and you can get a player of Maclins worth a few draft spots later.

I'm assuming dez, Aj green, bell, Elliot or Lamar Miller (one or a few at least) will still be available.

If you had the choice in a .5 pot league, who would you target?
Yes Romo injury absolutely affects Bryant. His stats are way up with Romo and way down without him. If AJ Green is available at the 11 spot you have potentially(who I think) has a shot at being the top wr in fantasy this year. I haven't drafted AJ Green in any league (yet because i haven't had the chance to) but if I'm at the 11 spot I'm taking green all day.

If you had the choice in a .5 ppr league, who would you target?

Pretty Bad, most of the experts are saying Dez Drops way low.

wbsmcs

If you had the choice in a .5 ppr league, who would you target?

This hurts Dez in the sense that guys like Allen Robinson, Jordy, Keenan, Evans, Marshall, Green are better picks than him. At pick 11 try to grab 2 of those guys.

flkraven

Got 6th pick in my 12 teamer. How does it look GAF?:

QB - Kirk Cousins
RB - LeSean McCoy
RB - DeMarco Murray
WR - AJ Green
WR - Keenan Allen
TE - Gary Barnidge
FLEX - Emmanuel Sanders
D/ST - Jets
K - Brandon McManus
BN - Allen Hurns
BN - Willie Snead
BN - LeGarrette Blount
BN - Tevin Coleman
BN - Julius Thomas
BN - Matthew Stafford
BN - Terrelle Pryor

Got 6th pick in my 12 teamer. How does it look GAF?:

QB - Kirk Cousins
RB - LeSean McCoy
RB - DeMarco Murray
WR - AJ Green
WR - Keenan Allen
TE - Gary Barnidge
FLEX - Emmanuel Sanders
D/ST - Jets
K - Brandon McManus
BN - Allen Hurns
BN - Willie Snead
BN - LeGarrette Blount
BN - Tevin Coleman
BN - Julius Thomas
BN - Matthew Stafford
BN - Terrelle Pryor

Good wide receivers and TE. McCoy is a good pickup, not sure about Murray and how many carries he'll lose to Derrick Henry, but Blount should be the Patriots back for the majority of the year. QBs and backups look decent for a 12 team league. I'd say you did pretty good.

Jarnet87

I got Levon in the 2nd round (pick 22) in a 14 man league. I thought the value was pretty good, I'll grab Deangelo and another RB or two to fill the 3 week void. Deangelo taken pick 41 overall (round 3). Uwotm8

Kal_El

In a Keeper League; which 3 of these 4 would you keep

Aaron Rodgers
Alshon Jeffery
Dex Bryant
Lamar Miller

As of right now I have A Rod, Jeffery & Miller because of the injury to Romo. I have until tomorrow for them to be locked in. What do you think?

SyNapSe

In a Keeper League; which 3 of these 4 would you keep

Aaron Rodgers
Alshon Jeffery
Dex Bryant
Lamar Miller

As of right now I have A Rod, Jeffery & Miller because of the injury to Romo. I have until tomorrow for them to be locked in. What do you think?

You'd need to explain how your keepers work. Round you drafted them in last year? 1st and 2nd round pick? Set $ amount of your auction budget?

Not knowing anything about your league scoring - I'd think Miller for sure.

Ron Mexico

You'd need to explain how your keepers work. Round you drafted them in last year? 1st and 2nd round pick? Set $ amount of your auction budget?

Not knowing anything about your league scoring - I'd think Miller for sure.

I'm not 100% sold on Miller even though I drafted him as well. At first blush though I think Rodgers/Dex/Miller would be my take assuming standard scoring. No clue yet how many targets Kevin White could take from Jeffrey

DSmalls84

12 Man Standard League Draft:

QB - Philip Rivers, Kirk Cousins
RB - Todd Gurley, Lamar Miller, Melvin Gordon, Charles Sims
WR- Keenan Allen, Brandin Cooks, Randall Cobb, Philip Dorsett
TE- Coby Fleener, Tyler Eifert
K - Brandon McManus
Defense - Jets

Thoughts?

Spacebar

My league usually drafts the Wednesday night before the season starts. This year the Redskins and Bucs game has moved to Wednesday night. I'm on yahoo and wondering if I can upload draft results later that night? I hope it doesn't lock the league and hope it counts the points scored for that evening.

natjjohn

My league usually drafts the Wednesday night before the season starts. This year the Redskins and Bucs game has moved to Wednesday night. I'm on yahoo and wondering if I can upload draft results later that night? I hope it doesn't lock the league and hope it counts the points scored for that evening.

What are you talking about....' There is no game that Wednesday night. Those two teams don't even play each other week one...

14 man league, 0.5 PPR, snake draft, 4th pick:

QB: Andy Dalton, Matt Ryan
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Matt Forte, DeAngelo Williams, Spencer Ware
WR: Julio Jones, Sammy Watkins, Michael Crabtree, Kevin White
TE: Travis Kelce
K: Graham Gano
DST: Patriots

Yahoo gave me an A+, and while I'm pretty happy with it overall, that seems overly generous. How's it look to everyone here?

FTF

Yahoo gave me an A+, and while I'm pretty happy with it overall, that seems overly generous. How's it look to everyone here?

yeah that's really good team for a 14 team league

natjjohn

You did well. I'm not big on Forte but can see the appeal. QBs are shaky.

Just did a post asking about Leveon. Im surprised he lasted that long in your draft for you to get him.

yeah that's really good team for a 14 team league

It's a money league too, so here's hoping everyone stays healthy and performs well then.

You did well. I'm not big on Forte but can see the appeal. QBs are shaky.

Just did a post asking about Leveon. Im surprised he lasted that long in your draft for you to get him.

I'm hoping Forte can produce solid RB2 numbers with the new team. PPR won't hurt, either. Agreed that QBs are my weak link, but I wasn't sold on grabbing anyone too early (Rodgers went 2nd round, which is crazy talk).

Pretty sure Le'Veon had a 15ADP on Yahoo, so yeah, I wouldn't expect him to fall to 25 like he did for me. Guess the suspension/injury concerns scared everyone else off.

PillarEN

Well here is my team. 12 man league. Standard scoring as far as I know. NO PPR. I was 3rd in selecting. How screwed or lucky do I look?

1. (3) Julio Jones WR
2. (22) Doug Martin RB
3. (27) LeSean McCoy RB
4. (46) Randall Cobb WR
5. (51) Ryan Mathews RB
6. (70) John Brown WR
7. (75) Delanie Walker TE
8. (94) Philip Rivers QB
9. (99) Willie Snead WR
10. (118) Isaiah Crowell RB
11. (123) T.J. Yeldon RB
12. (142) Zach Miller TE
13. (147) Kansas City DEF
14. (166) Laquon Treadwell WR
15. (171) Tony Romo QB
16. (190) Cairo Santos K

wbsmcs

Well here is my team. 12 man league. Standard scoring as far as I know. NO PPR. I was 3rd in selecting. How screwed or lucky do I look?

1. (3) Julio Jones WR
2. (22) Doug Martin RB
3. (27) LeSean McCoy RB
4. (46) Randall Cobb WR
5. (51) Ryan Mathews RB
6. (70) John Brown WR
7. (75) Delanie Walker TE
8. (94) Philip Rivers QB
9. (99) Willie Snead WR
10. (118) Isaiah Crowell RB
11. (123) T.J. Yeldon RB
12. (142) Zach Miller TE
13. (147) Kansas City DEF
14. (166) Laquon Treadwell WR
15. (171) Tony Romo QB
16. (190) Cairo Santos K

I like this team here, except for Mathews in the 5th round. I'm just not that high on him. Walker in round 7 was a nice pick because he has a good chance of finishing as a top 2 TE.

Just finished my draft tonight...4th pick 12man STD and AB somehow fell to me.

1. Antonio Brown
2. Mark Ingram
3. Amari Cooper
4. Jeremy Maclin
5. Jordan Reed
6. Arian Foster
7. Drew Brees
8. Stefan Diggs
9. Duke Johnson
10. Tevin Coleman
11. Torrey Smith
12. Jay Ajayi
13. Spencer Ware
14. Buck Allen

Not crazy about my RBs at all but I couldn't pass up Reed in the 5th round and I've always been taking Brees if he falls to me in the 7th. Hopefully I could get an RB2 the whole year out of Foster/Ajayi. Will eventually need to drop 2 guys before week 1 for a K and Def.

nillapuddin

QB: Phillip Rivers - 6
RB: David Johnson - 1
RB: LeVeon Bell - 2
WR Demaryius Thomas - 3
WR Brandin Cooks - 4
FX John Brown - 5
TE Gary Barnidge - 7
DT Chiefs - 12
K Chandler Catanzaro - 16

Bench:
Tyrod Taylor - 10
Ameer Abdullah - 8
Christine Michael - 11
Stefon Diggs - 9
Will Fuller - 15
Jared Cook - 14
Arizona DST - 13

I am devastated, I told myself over and over again that I would get Josh Gordon, but I wanted to keep waiting just incase, and then on the 18th of 20 picks it would take to snake back to me someone took him. I chose Stefon Diggs the pick before that, I was gambling that Gordon would still be there. I'm so frustrated, nobody knew about him really, the person took him just as a whatever pick. I guess my team is okay, I feel whatever about it.

As the defending league champion I felt a ton of pressure on me this draft, dont think I lived up to the hype : /

Where would folks take Leveon bell? Late first/early second seem right or too early or late?

I personally think Leveon should be a early 2nd rounder considering he'll miss 3 games. But if you really want him and are too afraid that he won't come back to you then take him in the late 1st round. In my 2nd league I drafted 11, my cousin drafted right behind me at 12. I know he wants Leveon really badly. I knew I wouldn't get Leveon with the 14th pick so I felt I had to take him 11th overall. I ended up getting Allen Robinson in the 2nd round so I was pretty happy about that.

It's hard for me to say what you should do though if you have no idea who the guys above you want. You just have to use your gut feeling if you're not sure. As for the question of AJ Green or Leveon Bell(minus 3 games), it's hard to turn down Leveon for anyone outside of the current top 3 RB/WR but in the end I'd still take AJ over Leveon.

QB- Jameis Winston
RB1- Doug Martin
RB2- Thomas Rawls
WR1- Deandre Hopkins
WR2- Mike Evans
TE- Julius Thomas
DST- Jets
K- Dan Bailey

BE- Tom Brady
BE- Arian Foster
BE- Allen Hurns
BE- Michael Thomas
BE- Clive Walford
BE- Steve Smith Sr.
BE- Cairo Santos

So. How am I looking?

necrosis

looks really good for a 14 man league; hopefully dalton doesn't regress (he has looked good in the preseason for what it's worth) and forte is able to put up rb2 numbers (i believe he will)

necrosis

for everyone that has drafted so far: from what i've read and seen, josh gordon should be targeted in rounds 6-7. does this sound about right?

Feeling pretty meh overall, 12 team half point PPR. Some jackass took both Cam and Aaron Rodgers and there was an early run on QBs afterward which shook things up a bit.

QB Carson Palmer
RB Jamaal Charles
RB DeMarco Murray
WR Antonio Brown
WR Amari Cooper
TE Julius Thomas
FLEX Kelvin Benjamin
D/ST Chiefs D/ST D/ST
K Graham Gano

Bench Duke Johnson Jr.
Bench Vincent Jackson
Bench Tyler Eifert*
Bench Darren Sproles
Bench Andy Dalton
Bench James White

I'll probably drop Dalton and pick up Spencer Ware since Charles is looking shaky for the start of the season. I wouldn't feel good if Kelvin was my WR2 but I'm hopefully he can produce as a flex.

Cappa

Banned
It takes an aggregate of dozens of rankings and sorts them into tiers. Are you a Redskins fan by chance?
Huh, that sounds really lame. Does it take into account ADP, SOS, your positional needs? It just seems like useless information like of course Antonio brown is tier 1 lol it seems like obvious stuff but it doesn't seem to give you enough information to warrant using it as a reason to exclusively argue one player is better than another.

Id much rather rely on ADP, SOS, and how good an offense is. I'm not a Redskins fan, I'm a bucs fan. I just like the Redskins offense much more than the Chiefs and cousins is a better QB for fantasy.
Feeling pretty meh overall, 12 team half point PPR. Some jackass took both Cam and Aaron Rodgers and there was an early run on QBs afterward which shook things up a bit.

QB Carson Palmer
RB Jamaal Charles
RB DeMarco Murray
WR Antonio Brown
WR Amari Cooper
TE Julius Thomas
FLEX Kelvin Benjamin
D/ST Chiefs D/ST D/ST
K Graham Gano

Bench Duke Johnson Jr.
Bench Vincent Jackson
Bench Tyler Eifert*
Bench Darren Sproles
Bench Andy Dalton
Bench James White

I'll probably drop Dalton and pick up Spencer Ware since Charles is looking shaky for the start of the season. I wouldn't feel good if Kelvin was my WR2 but I'm hopefully he can produce as a flex.
Wow that team is amazing. You got a legit qb 1 in Carson Palmer and are solid at every position. I would definitely drop Dalton and pick up ware as Charles handcuff. Not a fan of your Te situation, Murray as RB 2 is yuck but duke Johnson is a great pick up. Benjamin as a wr3 is fine. Good draft. I love early QB runs in drafts means more players for me to pick up.

Did you know some of the best fantasy QBs last season weren't even drafted in majority of leagues? Yeah holding off on a QB is good strategy unless you're in a two QB or 6 TD pass league there really isn't a reason to go early with QB

Cappa

Banned
I can see how it would be useful,it just makes it easier to follow but how is it different from fantasy pros which is basically the same thing? I'll take a closer look when I get home,maybe I'm just not understanding it. i personally think there are better options out there.(football guys draft dominator app is one that comes to mind)

Whatever works for you and others is all that matters though !

(football guys draft dominator app is one that comes to mind.

It's a really good app. Utterly useless for my keeper league because they for some reason push TE way too soon but I think in a standard draft it's perfect.

EDIT: I pretty much think it's because by default it pushes rankings over upside, and TEs are like a zero on upside in a real ranksheet. They haven't quite figured out how to author dynamic rankings that reduce TE priority compared to RB/WR if you already have one.

Forgot to say the fantasy prayers:

RIP Vikings pass offense
Stefon Diggs, Charles Johnson, Laquon Treadwell, may you find Kapernick or some other barely useful option

RIP Jay Ajayi lottery ticket
...as there's no reason not to own Spencer Ware now if Charles isn't fully ready to go.

Tom Nook

QB- Jameis Winston
RB1- Doug Martin
RB2- Thomas Rawls Good Pick
WR1- Deandre Hopkins
WR2- Mike Evans
TE- Julius Thomas
DST- Jets
K- Dan Bailey

BE- Tom Brady
BE- Arian Foster
BE- Allen Hurns
BE- Michael Thomas
BE- Clive Walford
BE- Steve Smith Sr.
BE- Cairo Santos

So. How am I looking?

Good Squad.

Also planning to pick up Brady first, then a serviceable QB to cover the first 4 weeks.

Tom Nook

Forgot to say the fantasy prayers:

RIP Vikings pass offense
Stefon Diggs, Charles Johnson, Laquon Treadwell, may you find Kapernick or some other barely useful option

RIP Jay Ajayi lottery ticket
...as there's no reason not to own Spencer Ware now if Charles isn't fully ready to go.

Yeah, drop them on the pre-draft rankings. :(

Anybody interested in joining a league? It's me and a couple of friends and I have some slots open. It's 8 man right now but I can increase the number of teams. Running on NFL app. I take it pretty serious so there shouldn't be any AFKers. PM me if you'd like a spot. Draft is set for the weekend. I have Sunday night est as of right now.

Edit: More info. Currently have 5 slots taken. 6 if a friend stops lagging, so two spots open. Can increase the size to 10. Draft is set for 8:30pm est Sunday but subject to change depending on everyone's schedule. Tweaked standard/PPR scoring settings, most notable changes are no negatives for defense, -1 for INTs, and 6pts for Passing TDs. I have receptions at +1 atm, but may change it to .5. Trying to figure out a good balance.

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, K, Def, 1 flex (rb, wr, te). 6 bench slots, 1 reserve. Starts week 1, 3 week playoffs. No entry fee. For you gaffers, I may throw in a gift card of your choice for a bit of incentive. Still, it's all for fun.

Beginners welcome.

My friends are probably casual at best, and I'm probably the only real one that does research and stuff like that.

I am devastated, I told myself over and over again that I would get Josh Gordon, but I wanted to keep waiting just incase, and then on the 18th of 20 picks it would take to snake back to me someone took him. I chose Stefon Diggs the pick before that, I was gambling that Gordon would still be there. I'm so frustrated, nobody knew about him really, the person took him just as a whatever pick. I guess my team is okay, I feel whatever about it.

As the defending league champion I felt a ton of pressure on me this draft, dont think I lived up to the hype : /

It was ill-advised move to bank on people forgetting about Flash Gordon. I mean, he was super hyped in 2013 and any fantasy player would take a shot at him, especially in round 10 when people are looking for upside. Another misstep was taking Defenses back-to-back in rounds 12 and 13, when you should be stockpiling sleepers at WR or RB.

Here's my picks from my 12 team ppr $600 1st prize league:

Rd 1: Julio (kinda wish I took ODB instead now but oh well)
Rd 2: Jordy Nelson
Rd 3: Lesean McCoy
Rd 4: Brandon Cooks
Rd 5: Giovanni Bernard
Rd 6: Dante Moncrief
Rd 7: Duke Johnson
Rd 8: Russel Wilson
Rd 9: Michael Floyd
Rd 10: Antonio Gates
Rd 11: Broncos DST
Rd 12: Dion Lewis
Rd 13: Ryan Tannehill
Rd 14: Stephen Gostkowski
Rd 15: Patriots DST
Rd 16: Shaughn Draughn

Jarnet87

Here's my picks from my 12 team ppr $600 1st prize league:

Rd 1: Julio (kinda wish I took ODB instead now but oh well)
Rd 2: Jordy Nelson
Rd 3: Lesean McCoy
Rd 4: Brandon Cooks
Rd 5: Giovanni Bernard
Rd 6: Dante Moncrief
Rd 7: Duke Johnson
Rd 8: Russel Wilson
Rd 9: Michael Floyd
Rd 10: Antonio Gates
Rd 11: Broncos DST
Rd 12: Dion Lewis
Rd 13: Ryan Tannehill
Rd 14: Stephen Gostkowski
Rd 15: Patriots DST
Rd 16: Shaughn Draughn

PPR or Standard? it's definitely stronger for PPR.

wbsmcs

I have to drop 2 of Duke Johnson, Jay Ajayi, Spencer Ware, Buck Allen before the season starts so I could pick up a D and Kicker. Ware has to be a must own right now because of the reports about Charles over the last few days, right? I would think Ajayi and Allen but I own Foster so I feel like Ajayi has a *bit* more value to me.

wbsmcs

Should I start J Landry or Allen Hurns or Cristind Michael? Ppr!

J landry up against hawks d = :(

PPR I would definitely go with Landry. Hurns only got above 5 receptions twice last year. Even if the Seahawks hold Landry to 60 yards, it will probably come on 7 catches

I recently joined a 16 man $60 buy-in keeper league that was already going on for a few years (0.5 PPR, 0.5 PPC, 6 point passing TD's), and I wanted to ask: how screwed am I this year? I figure I won't win it all this year, but I'd still like to aim for some money

QB: Tom Brady, Alex Smith
RB: Ezekiel Elliot, LeSean McCoy, Andre Ellington, Tim Hightower, Tyler Ervin
WR: Randall Cobb, Sterling Shepherd, Kamar Aiken, Tyler Lockett, Tyler Boyd
TE: Tyler Eifert, Martellus Bennett
DEF: Eagles, Bills
K: Some random guy

Top Bottom