• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

DashSix

Neo Member
Need some RB sleepers. Not sure I trust anyone besides Sims and maybe Duke Johnson. Stand pat or open a bench spot for Christine Michael?

Roster (12 team PPR)

QB: Matthew Stafford, Jameis Winston
RBs: Latavius Murray, Jeremy Langford, Duke Johnson, Charles Sims, Ameer Abdullah
WRs: Odell Beckham, Keenan Allen, Brandin Cooks, John Brown, Michael Thomas, Tyler Boyd
TE: Greg Olson
DST: Oakland
K: Boswell

wbsmcs

Need some RB sleepers. Not sure I trust anyone besides Sims and maybe Duke Johnson. Stand pat or open a bench spot for Christine Michael?

Roster (12 team PPR)

QB: Matthew Stafford, Jameis Winston
RBs: Latavius Murray, Jeremy Langford, Duke Johnson, Charles Sims, Ameer Abdullah
WRs: Odell Beckham, Keenan Allen, Brandin Cooks, John Brown, Michael Thomas, Tyler Boyd
TE: Greg Olson
DST: Oakland

If you want more RB depth, drop a QB
Winston
and pick up Michael, or Spencer Ware if he's available. Buck Allen is another guy who could emerge as a starter and get a lot of receptions.

Need an opinion on something - I've got the 10th pick in a Standard 12 team league and we're drafting tonight. It's looking like I'll have a shot at getting Gronk (given the chatter from the other teams about who their first rd pick is). Is he worth taking over Lamar Miller and/or AJ Green, assuming those guys won't be there for my Rd 2 pick?

Taking a TE in the first RD sorta screws up my drafting plans so I only want to take Gronk if his upside is that much higher than other TEs, and personally I don't think it is, especially given Bennett is there too.

wbsmcs

Need an opinion on something - I've got the 10th pick in a Standard 12 team league and we're drafting tonight. It's looking like I'll have a shot at getting Gronk (given the chatter from the other teams about who their first rd pick is). Is he worth taking over Lamar Miller and/or AJ Green, assuming those guys won't be there for my Rd 2 pick?

Taking a TE in the first RD sorta screws up my drafting plans so I only want to take Gronk if his upside is that much higher than other TEs, and personally I don't think it is, especially given Bennett is there too.

No. Take AJ Green, or if you really want an RB, Miller. TE is a deep position and Gronk doesn't seperate himself from the rest anymore. Guys like Delanie Walker or Kelce can be had in rounds 6/7 and can put up 1000yds or 8-9TDs, and even later round guys like Zach Miller or Jared Cook could be had for next to nothing but will be serviceable. Mid round WRs like Jordan Matthews/Devante Parker/Desean Jackson won't come close to the top 5 WR numbers AJ Green will put up.

I have to drop 2 of Duke Johnson, Jay Ajayi, Spencer Ware, Buck Allen before the season starts so I could pick up a D and Kicker. Ware has to be a must own right now because of the reports about Charles over the last few days, right? I would think Ajayi and Allen but I own Foster so I feel like Ajayi has a *bit* more value to me.

I dropped Ajayi...but that's because I own Jamaal Charles. I feel pretty confident Charles will play...but week 1? Not sure. If I didn't own Charles I would prefer to hang onto Ajayi just because there's a guy who could settle in and take the job if Foster gets hurt.

Of Duke and Buck I hate Duke more. Browns offense is super fragile and will need to throw to get out of some games. Plus Crowell is still playing like the starter. Buck could legit take over that Baltimore run game. It's just that for now, Duke might have more weekly value.

Had my second draft last night and I think it's a great PPR squad:

Eli Manning
Deangelo Williams
Ryan Mathews
Tevin Coleman
Christine Michael
Jeremy Hill
Allen Robinson
Jordy Nelson
Emmanuel Sanders
Jordan Reed
Vikings D
Graham Gano
Chris Hogan

Jarnet87

I have to drop 2 of Duke Johnson, Jay Ajayi, Spencer Ware, Buck Allen before the season starts so I could pick up a D and Kicker. Ware has to be a must own right now because of the reports about Charles over the last few days, right? I would think Ajayi and Allen but I own Foster so I feel like Ajayi has a *bit* more value to me.

Everyone went into last season saying you must own Knile Davis if you draft Charles. Charles got hurt and Knile Davis didn't do anything. Ware had some good games, West had some good games. Point is you can try and get the backup to safen up the pick but it may not pay off. If you are a Charles owner I understand it, but if not I would drop him, and Allen. I see Ajayi having more value right off the bat.

I will never own Gronk, but if you want to have that big advantage at the position go for it, more then likely he will produce again. I've seen some value based drafting stuff on Gronk really only justifying that 1st round grade once when had the historic year. I am much more comfortable going maybe a round early on Greg Olsen, think he is going somewhere in the 5th/6th.

No. Take AJ Green, or if you really want an RB, Miller. TE is a deep position and Gronk doesn't seperate himself from the rest anymore. Guys like Delanie Walker or Kelce can be had in rounds 6/7 and can put up 1000yds or 8-9TDs, and even later round guys like Zach Miller or Jared Cook could be had for next to nothing but will be serviceable. Mid round WRs like Jordan Matthews/Devante Parker/Desean Jackson won't come close to the top 5 WR numbers AJ Green will put up.

I will never own Gronk, but if you want to have that big advantage at the position go for it, more then likely he will produce again. I've seen some value based drafting stuff on Gronk really only justifying that 1st round grade once when had the historic year. I am much more comfortable going maybe a round early on Greg Olsen, think he is going somewhere in the 5th/6th.

Thanks guys, that's the way I was leaning too. Gonna target AJ Green with Miller as my backup.

Buck could legit take over that Baltimore run game. It's just that for now, Duke might have more weekly value.

Buck was basically 4th on the depth chart throughout the preseason. They had Forsett and West taking the first team reps and Dixon as the third down back. Now Dixon is injured, but still...I'm not too high on Allen, given how preseason has gone.

Ron Mexico

14 Team, Full PPR, 6 for a passing TD League:

QB: Stafford, Ryan
RB: David Johnson, Charles, Woodhead, Riddick, Sims
WR: Allen, Landry, Marvin Jones, K. White, Sanu
TE: Bennett
Def: LOL (Jax)

Thoughts?

BlueSteel

14 Team, Full PPR, 6 for a passing TD League:

QB: Stafford, Ryan
RB: David Johnson, Charles, Woodhead, Riddick, Sims
WR: Allen, Landry, Marvin Jones, K. White, Sanu
TE: Bennett
Def: LOL (Jax)

Thoughts?

For a 14 team league I'm absolutely stunned you got johnson, and charles AND allen.

Not a huge fan of Martellus and your QBs are a tad weak but it's a 14 teamer, what are you going to do right? I like it.

Just had a 10 team no PPR draft tonight. 30 seconds per pick made things crazy hectic. We also had some guy draft 5 QBs (in a 1 QB league... lmao)

QB: Palmer, Cousins
WR: Hilton, Baldwin, Gordon, Sharpe, Snead,
RB: Miller, Elliot, Freeman, Blount, Coleman
TE: Walker
K: Crosby
D: Rams

The big gamble here was picking up Freeman in the 4th. We start 2 RBs + Flex, so essentially I could gamble on getting 3 top 10 RBs but at the risk of really losing out on any consistent and decent WRs. I'm not pleased with baldwin and picked Gordon in the 6th out of slight worry that someone else would snag him...

Definitely wish I would have gotten a better WR or QB, but one dude literally picked Rodgers, Newton, Brees, Roethlisberger AND Brady, so there was no saving the QB position. And yes, his team is hot trash and everyone makes fun of him for it.

12 team draft PPR. I'm in the 2 slot (snake). Some stuff got a little wild because someone was late and on autodraft in the early rounds and we have some traditional early RB people.

1 Antonio Brown WR
2 Eddie Lacy RB
3 Alshon Jeffery WR
4 Matt Forte RB
5 Jeremy Maclin WR
6 Danny Woodhead RB
7 Michael Crabtree WR
8 Blake Bortles QB
9 DeSean Jackson WR
10 Dwayne Allen TE
11 Steven Hauschka K
12 Cincinnati DEF
13 Matt Ryan QB
14 Anquan Boldin WR
15 Dak Prescott QB
16 James Starks RB

mr2xxx

Banned
12 team draft PPR. I'm in the 2 slot (snake). Some stuff got a little wild because someone was late and on autodraft in the early rounds and we have some traditional early RB people.

1 Antonio Brown WR
2 Eddie Lacy RB
3 Alshon Jeffery WR
4 Matt Forte RB
5 Jeremy Maclin WR
6 Danny Woodhead RB
7 Michael Crabtree WR
8 Blake Bortles QB
9 DeSean Jackson WR
10 Dwayne Allen TE
11 Steven Hauschka K
12 Cincinnati DEF
13 Matt Ryan QB
14 Anquan Boldin WR
15 Dak Prescott QB
16 James Starks RB

Some advice, you don't need to have a complete roster by the 12th round, which is evident by the TE-D-K trifecta. A kicker should always be drafted last, there is not enough of a difference between kickers to justify picking one early. Similar situation with defense, you can reach a bit for a elite defense like Seattle but for the most part wait till near the end of your draft, especially when you are going to end up with a ok'ish Cincinnati D. You could of easily gotten Allen much later. You don't need 3 QBs in a 12 team league because there should be solid QBs on the waiver wire, unless everyone decided to go to 3 QBs. Disregard my advice if you have some funky setup for scoring or play with 2 QBs.

Gran Puma

Neo Member
In a 2 RB, 3 WR, flex is RB, WR, TE league. Debating if I want to make a move for a better RB or WR to pair with Zeke or A.J. Green.

1. Zeke
2. A.J. Green
3. Carlos Hyde
4. Doug Baldwin
5. Erick Decker
6. Duke Johnson Jr.
7. Big Ben
8. Delanie Walker
9. LaGarette Blount
10. Devin Duchess
11. Chris Hogan
12. Broncos D/ST
13. Sammie Coates
14. Javorious Allen
15. Blair Walsh
16. Eli Rogers
17. Tyler Gaffney

SeanR1221

Draft tonight. Here's what I ended up with

mET3zNB.jpg

MwXN304.jpg

FTF

@ SeanR1221: you only have to play 1 RB, that's odd.

Also, head coach? How do those points work, when a team wins a game?

SeanR1221

@ SeanR1221: you only have to play 1 RB, that's odd.

Also, head coach? How do those points work, when a team wins a game?

So head coach will get you more points depending on how big of a win the team has. You'll also get negative points if the team loses. Sometimes in a close game this can make or break you.

bgbball31

Had my 10 team $75 buy-in PPR league draft last night. I won the league last year.

We have 10 starters; the 9 standard slots plus a WR/TE flex position.

THE ROSIE EFFECT
10 Todd Gurley, LA RB K
20 Allen Robinson, Jax WR K
30 Mark Ingram, NO RB
31 Keenan Allen, SD WR
50 Emmanuel Sanders, Den WR
51 Greg Olsen, Car TE
70 Drew Brees, NO QB
71 Tom Brady, NE QB
90 Frank Gore, Ind RB
91 Torrey Smith, SF WR
110 Bilal Powell, NYJ RB
111 Kamar Aiken, Bal WR
130 Charles Clay, Buf TE
131 Jerick McKinnon, Min RB
150 Jesse James, Pit TE
151 Mason Crosby, GB K
170 Eagles D/ST D/ST

Note, the K next to Gurley and Robinson are because they're my keepers from last year.

FTF

Had my 10 team $75 buy in PPR league draft last night. I won the league last year.

We have 10 starters; the 9 standard slots plus a WR/TE flex position.

THE ROSIE EFFECT
10 Todd Gurley, LA RB K
20 Allen Robinson, Jax WR K
30 Mark Ingram, NO RB
31 Keenan Allen, SD WR
50 Emmanuel Sanders, Den WR
51 Greg Olsen, Car TE
70 Drew Brees, NO QB
71 Tom Brady, NE QB
90 Frank Gore, Ind RB
91 Torrey Smith, SF WR
110 Bilal Powell, NYJ RB
111 Kamar Aiken, Bal WR
130 Charles Clay, Buf TE
131 Jerick McKinnon, Min RB
150 Jesse James, Pit TE
151 Mason Crosby, GB K
170 Eagles D/ST D/ST

With the first pick in a PPR draft I figured one would take Brown for sure.

Edit: oh wait you had the 10th pick? (The 10, 20 threw me off). If so wow I can't believe Gurley dropped to 10.

Am I trying for wanting to draft DeAndre Hopkins over Julio in non-PPR? My draft isn't until Saturday (12 team league) but if I get the 3rd pick and both are still there I'm leaning towards Hopkins. He had awful QB's throwing to him last year and still put up insane numbers. If Osweiler is at least average he could put up even crazier numbers.

Am I trying for wanting to draft DeAndre Hopkins over Julio in non-PPR? My draft isn't until Saturday (12 team league) but if I get the 3rd pick and both are still there I'm leaning towards Hopkins. He had awful QB's throwing to him last year and still put up insane numbers. If Osweiler is at least average he could put up even crazier numbers.

Well I would say that Hopkins has the higher floor compared to Julio of injury history alone. I wouldn't say that he has a higher ceiling than Julio as the Falcon's aerial attack is basically force it to Julio (until they show they have other recievers other than Julio...). Hopkins had an incredible year, but the ceiling for Julio is just higher imo. If Julio got the TDs that he was supposed to with those stats, he would be the clear cut #1 right now.

Either way, Hopkins isn't a bad pick if you want to play safe.

That's not the argument that has people worrying about Hopkins.... It's that his stats were inflated due to garbage time yards/TD's

Rotoworld said:
Hopkins really had a tale of two seasons last year. Over his first eight games, the Texans won just three times, which resulted in them throwing the football 63.8 percent of the time. Over the opening half of the season, Hopkins averaged 14 targets per game with 108.8 receiving yards per contest and was the second-highest scoring receiver in the league. After their bye, the Texans went 6-2 and threw the football just 51.6 percent of their offensive plays, resulting in Hopkins’ averages falling to 10 targets per game and 81.4 yards per game with just four top-20 scoring weeks. Those marks were still good enough to be the 12th-highest scoring receiver, but we’ve yet to see a full campaign from him in terms of dominating on the top rung, and Houston brought in a plethora of offensive players this season that could prevent his usage from reaching the heights that it did over the front half of 2015.

If you think Houston will be as bad as the first half of last year, and you expect Hopkins to have the same level of targets as last year (even with more weapons on the team), then go for him

bigkrev

Draft was tonight. Draft was a disaster for me

QB: Brees
QB: Bortles
RB: Ingram
RB:Latavious Murray
RB: Rawls
RB: Charles Sims
RB: McKinnon
WR: Decker
WR: Crabtree
WR: Diggs
WR: Torrey Smith
TE: Gronk
TE: Delanie Walker

I had the 11th pick, and took Gronk and Ingram with my first 2 picks. Basically every single pick was a WR or RB for the next 5 rounds- I ended up taking Brees in the 7th round because he seemed like an insane value, and basically everyone after that waited till the 13th round to pick up a QB- I took Bortles because he was sitting there in the 12th round and it just seemed insane he was still avalible. There was also no real run on TE- Reed and Olsen went early, but I picked up Walker in the 9th round because, again, it seemed insane that he was still avalible.

So I ended up with a terrible WR unit because I broke my rule of either taking one of the top 2 QBs or waiting till the last rounds, and taking Gronk was a mistake because we never actually got a TE run.

Draft was tonight. Draft was a disaster for me

QB: Brees
QB: Bortles
RB: Ingram
RB:Latavious Murray
RB: Rawls
RB: Charles Sims
RB: McKinnon
WR: Decker
WR: Crabtree
WR: Diggs
WR: Torrey Smith
TE: Gronk

I had the 11th pick, and took Gronk and Ingram with my first 2 picks. Basically every single pick was a WR or RB for the next 5 rounds- I ended up taking Brees in the 7th round because he seemed like an insane value, and basically everyone after that waited till the 13th round to pick up a QB- I took Bortles because he was sitting there in the 12th round and it just seemed insane he was still avalible. There was also no real run on TE- Reed and Olsen went early, but I picked up Walker in the 9th round because, again, it seemed insane that he was still avalible.

So I ended up with a terrible WR unit because I broke my rule of either taking one of the top 2 QBs or waiting till the last rounds, and taking Gronk was a mistake because we never actually got a TE run.

I have to agree with you on here. I understand why you took a 2nd QB and TE, but you literally have no reason to even play them when you have Gronk and Brees. Are you ever going to be in a situation where you ask yourself, "Should I start Bortles over Brees?" or "Walker over Gronk?" That's two picks wasted when you could've added some depth to your WR/RB. It's pretty much deadweight until bye week for those respective positions and, with how your team already is, you're going to be working the waiver a lot. Doubt there's much value trade wise either.

Don't worry about it too much. The draft is just setting up a good foundation. Working the waiver wire is where the real meat is. You have some solid pieces in there, just lack any real studs not named Gronk.

bgbball31

With the first pick in a PPR draft I figured one would take Brown for sure.

Edit: oh wait you had the 10th pick? (The 10, 20 threw me off). If so wow I can't believe Gurley dropped to 10.

Sorry, should have mentioned: the K at the end of Gurley and Robinson are because they were my keepers. I won the league, hence the 10th pick, and our keepers were just automatically slotted in as our first two picks.

Machine

My draft was last night. 12 team PPR league. I drafted #8. I'm still not sure how I feel about this. I'm not crazy about my receivers but I figure I can find something on the wire later. I picked my backup QB earlier than I normally would because he was just sitting there mid-draft and there were still 3 teams that hadn't picked a QB. Naturally I started a hell of a run.

QB: Luck, Bortles
RB: L. Bell, CJ Anderson, R. Jennings, J. McKinnon, J. Ajayi
WR: R. Cobb, T. Lockett, M. Wheaton, T. Smith, M. Sanu
TE: Gronk, J. Tamme
K: Aguayo, Gould
D: Pats, Steelers

Edit: Our initial roster has to be 2 QB, 5 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE, 2 K, 2 D. It forces you to think a little differently sometimes. After the first game, most people will drop one K, D, and TE and stock up at other positions.

Still have spots open in this current/ex gaffer league. 16 team, 0.5 PPR, $65 entry. Has been running a few years now and is fun but competitive. Can PM me for info, I'm not the commish but have enjoyed it for the last few years. League link is here if you need to click on scoring settings.

Machine said:
My draft was last night. 12 team PPR league. I drafted #8. I'm still not sure how I feel about this. I'm not crazy about my receivers but I figure I can find something on the wire later. I picked my backup QB earlier than I normally would because he was just sitting there mid-draft and there were still 3 teams that hadn't picked a QB. Naturally I started a hell of a run.

Wait, so that means you have to draft that roster, or play that roster? (Like, do you play 2xK every week?) Interesting that there is a hard lock if not. Your WR is pretty weak I agree but TE solid, QB gives you room to move later in an injury situation. RB is nice, if CJA can play earlier than week 8 this year. Your bigger problem is making time while Bell misses 3 games.

In a 12-man keeper league...people can keep up to 4 players...

Keeping:
AB for 2nd
woodhead for 9th
Kelce for 13th
Tyrod taylor for 16th

Im drafting 6th in a snake.
By the time my pick rolls around im guessing martin, lacy, mccoy, will be avail as far as RBs go. I'd really like to go rb and get Lacy - thinking gb will have a good yr... BUT something crazy popped into my head - maybe i should go for rodgers?!? - it will net me that top qb talent who can get like 40pts in a game...also it will allow me to trade rodgers or taylor (if taylor works out well) for a toptier/good rb after the first few weeks once the teams backfields have worked themsevles out...also i know my rbs will start out weak but its also the position most susceptible to injury and turnover so i can "easily" play the waiver/FA

Do you guys think this logic makes sense at all? Or i should just put my eggs in an RB basket? Maybe if dez falls ill grab him but wr wr in 1/2 scare me a bit.

If i dont go rodgers i was gonna grab rivers/eli hopefully in 10thish

FTF

Sorry, should have mentioned: the K at the end of Gurley and Robinson are because they were my keepers. I won the league, hence the 10th pick, and our keepers were just automatically slotted in as our first two picks.

Ah gotcha, didn't even notice the Ks at the end.

Do you guys think this logic makes sense at all? Or i should just put my eggs in an RB basket? Maybe if dez falls ill grab him but wr wr in 1/2 scare me a bit.

If i dont go rodgers i was gonna grab rivers/eli hopefully in 10thish

I mean, depends who you forecast will be available to draft at QB, but why not get a RB/WR in round one and then see who's available for QB in the third? Because QB is not a scarce position, the chances of somebody from the Rodgers/Luck/Brees/Wilson pool being there for you is pretty good. I do agree Rodgers goes first though so if you want him that's your only shot.

Generally the upside of picking Rodgers is that you can roll 1QB and use the extra roster spot on a lottery ticket at another position, or whomever the big waiver add might be. But since you already have Tyrod, you're kinda locked into having 2 QBs, so the advantage lessens. Personally if you don't like any of those RBs I would pick a WR instead...

necrosis

just drafted 8th in a 10-team standard snake draft. here's my crew:

QB: D. Brees
RB: A. Peterson, L. McCoy, M. Gordon, R. Jennings
WR: A. Robinson, B. Cooks, D. Baldwin, D. Jackson, D. Moncrief, J. Gordon, M. Jones
TE: Z. Miller
K: M. Crosby
DEF: LA Rams

Darkman M

just drafted 8th in a 10-team standard snake draft. here's my crew:

QB: D. Brees
RB: A. Peterson, L. McCoy, M. Gordon, R. Jennings
WR: A. Robinson, B. Cooks, D. Baldwin, D. Jackson, D. Moncrief, J. Gordon, M. Jones
TE: Z. Miller
K: M. Crosby
DEF: LA Rams

Looks good, not sure how AP dropped to 8. People really are WR crazy this year.

necrosis

Looks good, not sure how AP dropped to 8. People really are WR crazy this year.

yeah i was pretty happy about it. the dude has only failed to break 1,000 yards WITH double digit TDs in the seasons where he tore his ACL and was suspended for the year

necrosis

Nice job, and this is coming from a guy who prefers to load up on WRs early. I'm sure you can find a better TE than Miller on waivers though. Gates available?

nope. i was hoping to grab him but i got sniped :(

off of waivers, my best alternative is probably charles clay

toneroni

So the league I commish jumped to 14 this year so I ended up lowering the roster to 14 players + 1 IR slot. Made only 1rb slot too. It feels a bit weird but I did lots of reading on 14 team leagues beforehand and seemed like a good idea.

My draft was a bloodbath. First time doing 14 team draft - team is super shaky :/

Qb: Eli
Wr: Obj
Wr: Cooper
RB: McCoy
TE: Allen
Flex: m. Jones jr
Flex: Snead
K: Santos
D: none yet
Bench: J.hill, Yeldon, Tajae, Z. Miller, Boyd, Dion Lewis

I'm gonna stash Lewis in the IR and might drop Boyd for another sleeper like Eli Rogers.
Bye week 8 and 10 destroy me.

Shouldn't have went RB in 3rd round since lots of quality RBs were still available when they came back to me in the later ones.
Guess we'll see what happens. I won second last year due to clutch waiver wire play.

Bump for the new page.

Anybody interested in joining a league? It's me and a couple of friends and I have some slots open. It's 8 man right now but I can increase the number of teams. Running on NFL app. I take it pretty serious so there shouldn't be any AFKers. PM me if you'd like a spot. Draft is set for the weekend. I have Sunday night est as of right now.

Edit: More info. Currently have 8 slots taken. Would like to increase the size to a 10 or possibly 12 man league. Draft is set for 5:00pm est Sunday but subject to change depending on everyone's schedule. Tweaked standard/PPR scoring settings, most notable changes are no negatives for defense, -1 for INTs, and 6pts for Passing TDs. I have receptions at +1 atm, but may change it to .5. Trying to figure out a good balance.

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, K, Def, 1 flex (rb, wr, te). 6 bench slots, 1 reserve. Starts week 1, 3 week playoffs. No entry fee. For you gaffers, I may throw in a gift card of your choice for a bit of incentive. Still, it's all for fun.

Beginners welcome. But I would just ask that you keep up with roster changes.

My friends are probably casual at best, and I'm probably the only real one that does research and stuff like that.

woodchuck

I need some help fine tuning my roster. I drafted Tajae Sharpe but then dropped him to pick up a running back since I'm pretty set at WR.. But now I'm kinda getting on the hype train. My running backs suck but I feel Tajae Sharpe could be a great trade bait in the future.

Should I drop any of these running backs for Tajae?

1) Jeremy hill
2) Melvin Gordon
3) ameer abdullah
4) Isaiah Crowell
5) Chris ivory
6) Alfred Morris

12 team standard

If you guys haven't heard, Charles may miss some games and even when he does come back it sounds like he might be splitting more time with the back ups than usual. Charles has never been heavy on amount of touches so him getting maybe only 10-12 while getting up their in age has been making me feel regretful about taking him.

I attempted a trade earlier for Beckham by sending Watkins and either Maclin or Kelvin Benjamin. But the guy came back and said Charles+Watkins instead. I don't know if he's aware of Charles situation. But I think I'm fine cutting Charles loose right now for that offer. So the question is this, would you guys take that offer? And do I have any obligation to inform the guy if he's not aware of Charles situation? He's one of those dudes that loves playing FF, but doesn't actually watch Football.

If you guys haven't heard, Charles may miss some games and even when he does come back it sounds like he might be splitting more time with the back ups than usual. Charles has never been heavy on amount of touches so him getting maybe only 10-12 while getting up their in age has been making me feel regretful about taking him.

Could he miss games? Sure. But I don't think he's old or down to few carries. The Chiefs are obviously worried about him getting into game shape, so I would just look at it like Le'Veon Bell. Maybe he's not Charles until Game 4. But once he is, he won't be a fragile guy that always shares time. That's not how the NFL works. Charles also is kinda young as RBs go because he spent a lot of time behind other backs.

That being said, if you want to take the offer you don't have to warn the guy about anything. You'd hope that the guy at least checks the info page on the players he's about to acquire. I'd rather have ODB vs Charles+Watkins but only in a vacuum where I don't worry about RB...

woodchuck said:
I need some help fine tuning my roster. I drafted Tajae Sharpe but then dropped him to pick up a running back since I'm pretty set at WR.. But now I'm kinda getting on the hype train. My running backs suck but I feel Tajae Sharpe could be a great trade bait in the future.

1) Jeremy hill
2) Melvin Gordon
3) ameer abdullah
4) Isaiah Crowell
5) Chris ivory
6) Alfred Morris

12 team standard

Well, if you REALLY like Mariota this year, ok sure, I would probably drop either Gordon (terrible) or Crowell (Browns are not Cinderella). But that's a big bet, because Tajae so far is just a slot receiver...

RBH

1) Jeremy hill
2) Melvin Gordon
3) ameer abdullah
4) Isaiah Crowell
5) Chris ivory
6) Alfred Morris

12 team standard

I'm not sold on Crowell, honestly. Feel like he'll get overshadowed by Duke Johnson

goober

Spencer Ware is available in my 10 man league.

I TACOd the draft and drafted 4 RBs in the first four rounds ugh. (to be fair, I was late to the draft cause of weather and panic picked)

I have the #1 waiver, should I use it on Ware?

Here's my team:

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Adrian Peterson, Lamar Miller
WR: Eric Decker, Jordan Matthews
FLEX: Jamaal Charles
K: Graham Gano
DEF: Carolina

Bench: Michael Crabtree, Tyler Eifert, Philip Dorsett, Breshad Perriman, Markus Wheaton
EDIT: Thomas Rawls

May pick up Tajae Sharpe cause he's available too

Spencer Ware is available in my 10 man league.

I TACOd the draft and drafted 4 RBs in the first four rounds ugh. (to be fair, I was late to the draft cause of weather and panic picked)

I have the #1 waiver, should I use it on Ware?

Here's my team:

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Adrian Peterson, Lamar Miller
WR: Eric Decker, Jordan Matthews
FLEX: Jamaal Charles
K: Graham Gano
DEF: Carolina

Bench: Michael Crabtree, Tyler Eifert, Philip Dorsett, Breshad Perriman, Markus Wheaton

May pick up Tajae Sharpe cause he's available too

You don't need a RB, you need a WR. What options do you have there?

goober

You don't need a RB, you need a WR. What options do you have there?

Based on FantasyPros consensus rankings:

Torrey Smith, Tyler Boyd, Mike Wallace, Terrance Williams, Michael Thomas, Tajae Sharpe, Dorial Green Beckham, Laquon Treadwell, Rishard Matthews

slim pickins

Top Bottom