• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: "Last Call" Teaser, full trailer March 30 10AM PT / 6PM BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I really liked that tease. If it comes to PC I'll definitely buy it. Hope we get some kind of platform confirmations on the 30th too.

Nerokis

When you create a great world for your game and then don't actually put the world in your game you can't really expect anyone to know or care about it.

Yeah, hopefully Destiny 2 solves that problem.

But to be fair to Destiny 1, it did have some of the ingredients of a great world in-game. The little lore bits on items, the environmental design, the enemies, etc. - there was some real good stuff there.

Not really the tone i was expecting from Destiny. I never did play The Taken King or Rise of Iron, i'm a little tempted to pick 'em up if i can find it for cheap.

Disxo

I'M CRYING
image.php

And not that we didn't already know this, but holy shit the last city is getting totally wrecked. Looks like full on Cabal invasion confirmed

And I really like the way that new Cabal looked as well

True. I'm way out of the loop, didn't play any of that stuff. I have no idea what's happening in this trailer.

To be fair, nothing happening in the trailer is expanded on in the DLC, other than Cayde-6 (the talking EXO) being a witty badass. But to catch you up - Destiny made up for its launch short comings after The Taken King.

destiny 1 yea sure. Note I have played all of the Destiny content.

There was leaks of Destiny 2 content posted here a couple months ago detailing what the new game will feature. IT was a rumor but it is starting to look real

Weren't the leaks saying a Moon of Saturn would be the big focus this time around, not Earth? I haven't seen another leak that says Earth is the full focus.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Logo announce
Trailer teaser
Trailer

No truer example of modern gaming manufactured hype ridiculousness.

Boke1879

That teaser was great and can't wait to see the full reveal. Gotta see what they changed, but this game may just rope me back in.

molnizzle

I was actually trying to work out if my memory just went to shit. I played 400 hours of the game and have no idea who Cayde-6 is.

Hunter Vanguard. Main guy in your ear during The Taken King. Like just about every single mission.

That didn't really feel like Destiny at all. Hmm

It felt like what goes on in Destiny party chats though.

Hopefully they lean into that a lot more in D2. The first game took itself way too seriously.

sjay1994

So all those rumours about the Cabal being the main villain of the second game/that second season of DLC was true

I do hope there is a bit more variety. I enjoy playing destiny and its expansions for a week or 2, then the grind settles in and I lose enthusiasm to play.

DNAbro

Called the fact that a trailer that really says nothing was coming today.

Glad we are getting a proper one one on Thursday.

Bsigg12

Looks like PS4 exclusive content is still exclusive for 1 year at least, not 3 months.

Hmm. To me that means there is timed exclusive content planned for release over the course of a year not necessarily that it will be a year window for the exclusive period of the content.

Because I'm awful at explaining this:

What this is:

New content that is timed exclusive released in January that becomes available later in 2018 for PC/Xbox.

What this is not:

Content released in January doesn't release until Jan 2019 for PC/Xbox.

Obviously this is just me speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom