• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

somedevil

This dream match just happened in a NXT house show:

C46Ta-pUYAAebzE.jpg

I think Brock is going to interfere and give KO the win.

It doesn't make any sense to put the belt on Goldberg. We know he's done after Mania, and having Brock win the belt at Mania doesn't make any sense either as he's barely around.
It makes zero sense for Lesnar to cost Goldberg the title... hell it makes more sense for Lesnar to stop anyone from costing Goldberg the title because then his match with Goldberg is for the title...

Had Goldberg not accepted the match and thus Lesnar screwing over Goldberg was Brock's way of pissing off Goldberg to accept that would make sense, but Goldberg said yes so now it is in Lesnar's best interest for Goldberg to win the title.

Beefy

It makes zero sense for Lesnar to cost Goldberg the title... hell it makes more sense for Lesnar to stop anyone from costing Goldberg the title because then his match with Goldberg is for the title...

Had Goldberg not accepted the match and thus Lesnar screwing over Goldberg was Brock's way of pissing off Goldberg to accept that would make sense, but Goldberg said yes so now it is in Lesnar's best interest for Goldberg to win the title.

HHH's new faction will cost Goldberg the title. Something is going on there.

Syder

I think Brock is going to interfere and give KO the win.

It doesn't make any sense to put the belt on Goldberg. We know he's done after Mania, and having Brock win the belt at Mania doesn't make any sense either as he's barely around.
If anything it makes more sense for Jericho to help KO get the win. Jericho still believes in the power of friendship. KO rejects Jericho despite his help; setting up a title-for-title match at Mania. KO wins the belts and goes on a full heel run and Jericho leaves for Fozzy.

I should stop dreaming now.

Lothar

Banned

Before WM13, there was a match on Raw for the title between Bret and Sid where Austin was helping out Bret and Undertaker was helping out Sid. This should be similar. Jericho should still be helping out KO and Lesnar should be helping out Goldberg. Of course they're probably not as smart to do something like that today compared to 1997.

Heroman

Banned

You could be right, mate.

I wonder where that whole angle is going.

If anything it makes more sense for Jericho to help KO get the win. Jericho still believes in the power of friendship. KO rejects Jericho despite his help; setting up a title-for-title match at Mania. KO wins the belts and goes on a full heel run and Jericho leaves for Fozzy.

Don't work yourself friend.

That is absolutely a possibility....

It's also possible that the HHH faction tries and Lesnar intervenes and stops them from stopping Goldberg.... which would set up Owens post Mania in a Lesnar feud....

We'll see

Before WM13, there was a match on Raw for the title between Bret and Sid where Austin was helping out Bret and Undertaker was helping out Sid. This should be similar. Jericho should still be helping out KO and Lesnar should be helping out Goldberg. Of course they're probably not as smart to do something like that today compared to 1997.

Jericho/Owens though is not a booked match for Mania yet in the storyline, for now Owens likely believes Jericho is beneath him and feels no need to fight him at Mania. Jericho costing Owens the belt works to continue that storyline towards setting up a Mania match...

If Jericho gets involved attacking Owens is the only way to honour just how good The Festival of Friendship segment was.

Thea Trinidad has been cast in the Paige film:

Ryan Satin reported she is going to play AJ Lee in the film:
Having AJ in it is honestly a call I didn't expect.

This whole movie is just the wildest thing ever. I can only presume the idea for making this movie happened and was decided before all the really crazy shit with Paige started happening last year.

somedevil

It does make sense she is actually around the same height. I don't know if they are going call her character AJ Lee though. Rock just announced her playing the divas champ. So AJ was the champ around the time paige debuted. I doubt they are going to name the people who bullied her in NXT as well because those are also characters in the movie.

Cause one was supposedly shaul guerrero.

Pikma

Banned
I don't get what's so extraordinary about Paige's family that's worth making a movie of, maybe I've had so much exposure to carny shit that a "carny family" gimmick doesn't sound like the most interesting ever

JeriKO is dead, bury it.

I don't get what's so extraordinary about Paige's family that's worth making a movie of, maybe I've had so much exposure to carny shit that a "carny family" gimmick doesn't sound like the most interesting ever
The Rock seemed to find it interesting which I'm guessing is the main reason the movie's getting made. I want that scene from Bryan's book where he implied Paige's family beat up a guy and then held him outside a window in it.

Lothar

Banned
Jericho/Owens though is not a booked match for Mania yet in the storyline, for now Owens likely believes Jericho is beneath him and feels no need to fight him at Mania. Jericho costing Owens the belt works to continue that storyline towards setting up a Mania match...

If Jericho gets involved attacking Owens is the only way to honour just how good The Festival of Friendship segment was.

If Jericho was smart, he would try to convince Foley and Stephanie to get the WM match right now as a chance for revenge, before making Owens lose the title. He would definitely get it. Jericho's the 61 minute man and the US champion. Reigns had his chance at the Royal Rumble. Goldberg and Lesnar are locked up. Seth is injured. He has to be the #1 contender.

Syder

I wouldn't mind it either but Finn isn't really popular around here with some people so I would be interested to see the reaction to it happening a second time around.

I say it's more then worth it if Roman finally turns heel.
Roman is Vince's designated successor to Cena. As was mentioned recently, people were booing Face Cena more than a decade ago and the vitriol has followed Cena ever since. Vince breaking the habit of pushing prodigal sons, like Roman, would be amazing. Finn is 35, I'm fine with him getting a mega-push, even if his babyface persona isn't all that engaging, for a while as long as he gets another go at being a heel eventually.

I do need a break from WWE. I cannot imagine a more boring feud than drugman Reigns vs Vanilla Midget Balor. Hope Reigns gets his win back. #AhhYessir #HisYard
Real question, friend Owens, do you actually hate Balor more then Roman?

Roman is Vince's designated successor to Cena. As was mentioned recently, people were booing Face Cena more than a decade ago and the vitriol has followed Cena ever since. Vince breaking the habit of pushing prodigal sons, like Roman, would be amazing. Finn is 35, I'm fine with him getting a mega-push, even if his babyface persona isn't all that engaging, for a while as long as he gets another go at being a heel eventually.
I love how Finn is 35 yet commentary and other wrestlers talk like he's meant to be 25.

Plus by all logic Roman will probably get over more as a heel then he ever would as a face.

Adree

Real talk: WWE/NXT Finn is less interesting to watch wrestle than Roman.

I mean we couldn't even tell he was injured in the Universal Title match because all he does is dropkicks anyway.

Real question, friend Owens, do you actually hate Balor more then Roman?

I love how Finn is 35 yet commentary and other wrestlers talk like he's meant to be 25.

Plus by all logic Roman will probably get over more as a heel then he ever would as a face.
Yes. He's so fucking vanilla. They tried to cover it with a literal coat of paint. His matches are boring. I know Sami is just as vanilla, but at least he is a phenomenal worker.

Beefy

Real talk: WWE/NXT Finn is less interesting to watch wrestle than Roman.

I mean we couldn't even tell he was injured in the Universal Title match because all he does is dropkicks anyway.

Both Roman and Finn are boring. But only one gets pushed in our faces so much that our skull caves in.

somedevil

This place has the oddest opinions sometimes.

Finn Balor outside this thread is very popular and the WWE sees that. They already put up a video about his parents and he is going to get a 24 special on the network about his recovery from injury.

Yes. He's so fucking vanilla. They tried to cover it with a literal coat of paint. His matches are boring. I know Sami is just as vanilla, but at least he is a phenomenal worker.
Shoot!

I don't hate Finn, but I will always hate how he never changes his moveset when he has his Demon look. How am I meant to believe the Demon is a different side of Finn when he fights in the exact same way? Other then that, he's fine, but I would do well with never seeing him wrestle Joe ever again.

Was New Japan Finn that good?
The character by all accounts was much better there. But I have a guilty pleasure for main roster Finn shouting about Irish mythology.

Adree

Finn Balor outside this thread is very popular and the WWE sees that. They already put up a video about his parents and he is going to get a 24 special on the network about his recovery from injury.

I like him, he's just boring in the ring.

Fox318

We don't like no business exposers round here.

Nor do we like workers.

We demand shooters for our works.

Brock, Samoa Joe, Nick Bockwinkle, Crash Holly, Bret Hart.

Shoot

Oh, so it's important now that somebody is popular? Weird how that didn't matter with other people.

The truth is people think Balor is this world class worker because he's small, does moves, and got carried by people better than him in New Japan. In fact, every PPV check Balor gets, he should send 10-20% of it to Tanahashi.

Finn Balor is basically Randy Orton/Cody Rhodes Mark II, except he spent the past decade in New Japan instead of the WWE. Perfectly Acceptable Wrestlers.

very popular? i doubt many people even know who he is.

Top Bottom