• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Syder

Shoot!

I don't hate Finn, but I will always hate how he never changes his moveset when he has his Demon look. How am I meant to believe the Demon is a different side of Finn when he fights in the exact same way? Other then that, he's fine, but I would do well with never seeing him wrestle Joe ever again.

The character by all accounts was much better there. But I have a guilty pleasure for main roster Finn shouting about Irish mythology.
I am actually fan of the incarnations of Finn from New Japan into NXT up to now. The Demon gimmick is cool. However, I recognise that in the ring Finn has limits and he's probably not going to get much better. We've already seen evidence that WWE will overuse the "Demon King!" gimmick and run Face Finn straight into the ground but I'm more than happy to see that after years of enduring Reigns.

somedevil

yFFQ1O6.gif

Oh, so it's important now that somebody is popular? Weird how that didn't matter with other people.

The truth is people think Balor is this world class worker because he's small, does moves, and got carried by people better than him in New Japan. In fact, every PPV check Balor gets, he should send 10-20% of it to Tanahashi.

Finn Balor is basically Randy Orton/Cody Rhodes Mark II, except he spent the past decade in New Japan instead of the WWE. Perfectly Acceptable Wrestlers.

Didn't matter with who?

Surely you aren't talking about Roman, the babyface that gets booed every week, right?

At least Finn gets the appropriate response from the crowd.

Didn't matter with who?

Surely you aren't talking about Roman, the babyface that gets booed every week, right?

At least Finn gets the appropriate response from the crowd.

By 'appropriate response', you mean more people caring about the color of a title belt than his title match, right? Whatever you want to say about Roman, I never saw him being overshadowed by an inanimate object during a match.

But nope, there's this other person who by all metrics was the most popular person on the show for a decade and was very popular outside of the Internet, but that never stopped people from critizing him.

But, not Finn. He's 'popular', so it's not OK to criticize him.

By 'appropriate response', you mean more people caring about the color of a title belt than his title match, right? Whatever you want to say about Roman, I never saw him being overshadowed by an inanimate object during a match.

But nope, there's this other person who by all metrics was the most popular person on the show for a decade and was very popular outside of the Internet, but that never stopped people from critizing him.

Too many obvious Trump fans in here for me right now. It's a #DeadGiveaway friend but the good will triumph always. Case in point:
Can't wait until Roman beats Braun at Fastlane and then Undertaker at Mania....

large.gif

3XdsRRR.gif
#AhhYessir
3XdsRRR.gif

Don't you have another forum to post in?

Rimfya

Banned
Finn's fine, but he even if he was the next Stone Cold rocketing him to the top does him no favours.

Edit: See American Alpha

Zach

My brother and his kid came over tonight. The boy and my son took over the living room in a GTA V party. My brother and I in a completely unplanned move went to the back room and played WCW/nWo Revenge!! It was the best. We played a 20-man battle royal and then played through the tag tournament-y title thingy. Jekel and Brickowski dethroned Goldberg and Rey Mysterio, Jr. (??) and all was right in the world.

Oh, and then we all played 4-player couch co-op Broforce which was fun, too.

Pikma

Banned
I like that Mauro is the only one that drops the "self-proclaimed" off of irish lass kicker.
Yeah, it's always so fucking weird when they do that "self-proclaimed" thing, it does nothing for the characters, might as well not call them by their nicknames.

Of course Roman is exempt of this problem, because they sure as hell know "THE SELF PROCLAIMED BIG DOG" and "THE SELF PROCLAIMED THE GUY" doesn't sound as marketable

Can't wait until Roman beats Braun at Fastlane and then Undertaker at Mania....

large.gif
(I'm assuming there's a lights out during the match, Taker appears in ring, freaks Roman out, Braun gets the pin thanks to that, keep roman strong and keeps Braun monstered and sets up Mania with taker slightly on the heel side blah blah blah)

Pikma

Banned
The fact that Vince spent 8 months building up Braun just to feed him to Roman at the most throwaway PPV of the year says a lot about how fucked up things are in the company

Adree

The fact that Vince spent 8 months building up Braun just to feed him to Roman at the most throwaway PPV of the year says a lot about how fucked up things are in the company

Sad really because I see a lot of promise in Braun now. They did a great job building him up.

Menome

Fell asleep just before the main event of Over The Edge '99 last night. Finished it this morning, and overall I disagree with Zach's F. It's still only a C- from me, but there's some fun matches in the lower part of the card. Rock/HHH is serviceable though not spectacular, and Austin/Taker is marred by the sudden screwy finish.

Now watching this week's NXT and glad to see Trent Seven still has his theme from the UK Championship. That's some good stuff.

cordy

Banned
They apparently want to keep Braun and Reigns both strong at FastLane so I guess this will happen.

- Reigns gets beat up most of the match
- Reigns starts comeback and almost wins
- Light turn off and then Taker appears in the ring and screws Reigns
- Braun beats Reigns

Keeps both guys "strong" and sets up the Taker match.

Pikma

Banned
According to WWE's latest financial report they have 185 wrestlers under exclusive contracts, which probably means that doesn't include the UK guys, so that makes it 201 wrestlers

Holy fuck that's a lot of people (even though I wouldn't be surprised if 40 of them were Chinese guys training at the PC)

I liked it when he said Gordon Solie couldn't have done his job because he wouldn't know how to work a modern day production truck.

Like, no shit, Josh. Dude's prime was 40 years ago. And he's dead. Still better than you, though.

I cringe when I hear Cole say "HERE COMES THE BIG DOG" it sounds so corny, especially from his scripted old ass.

Honestly if I was the wrestler I'd be like, please don't call me that. >_>

Hasney

I will say that I did enjoy Josh Matthews on Smackdown, but the few TNA episodes I checked since he was there was dog shit. Just sounds phoned in.

Shoot!

I don't hate Finn, but I will always hate how he never changes his moveset when he has his Demon look. How am I meant to believe the Demon is a different side of Finn when he fights in the exact same way? Other then that, he's fine, but I would do well with never seeing him wrestle Joe ever again.
This combined with the ridonkulous number of stomps and front dropkicks per match, does he think he's in a platformer or something?

You know who managed to wrestle in a different style between DEMON and normal forms in 2015 despite having an incredibly limited moveset? Basically I'm saying Finn needs to get lessons from one Glenn Jacobs.

Shoot!

The character by all accounts was much better there. But I have a guilty pleasure for main roster Finn shouting about Irish mythology.

AFAIK the demon look was originally just his big match look, so WK mainly, but WWE/NXT turned into and every PPV kind of thing. That and made him look like a dumb as raver with that head piece.

Caderfix

I didn't see a lot of Finn, but so far I like the guy. Also, one of the best theme songs and entrance, I love when the crowd gets invested and starts participating in it.

Zach

Fell asleep just before the main event of Over The Edge '99 last night. Finished it this morning, and overall I disagree with Zach's F. It's still only a C- from me, but there's some fun matches in the lower part of the card. Rock/HHH is serviceable though not spectacular, and Austin/Taker is marred by the sudden screwy finish.

To be fair to the beautiful and talented Zach, here's his Gradez post:

If I could ignore Owen Hart dying at Over the Edge '99, maybe I'd grade it similarly to other WWF events around this time. Maybe a D+, or even a C-. But the death of Owen Hart at this event cannot and should not be ignored. I feel like anything but the lowest possible grade would be disrespectful and wrong. Maybe grading it at all is disrespectful and wrong. But you sickos demanded it.

I would like to hear thoughts on Vince letting the show continue that night, though. Bad call? Hard, yet correct, decision? What do you guys think?

I will say that I did enjoy Josh Matthews on Smackdown, but the few TNA episodes I checked since he was there was dog shit. Just sounds phoned in.

No kidding. Watching last week for that Hardys bait and switch, I thought, "Is it possible Josh has gotten worse?"

Top Bottom