• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

What is this rare shoot promo you just posted, I have never heard of it!

You want a shoot here is a shoot brother

And I am the new Millennium for the World Wrestling Entertainment! Now for those of you who don't know me, I am Chris Jericho - your - your new hero, your party host and most importantly the most charismatic showman to ever enter your living rooms via a television screen! And for those of you who DO know me, well, all hail the Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah! Now when you think of the new Millennium, you think of an event so gigantic that it changes the course of history. You think of the dawning of a new era. In this case, the dawning of a New Era in the WWE! Thank you - thank you!" Crowd chanting "Roman." "A new era is what this once proud and profitable company sorely needs! What was once a captivating, trendsetting program, has nowdeteriorated into a cliched - let's be honest - BORING SNOOZEFEST that is in dire need of a knight in shining armour! And that's why I'm here! Chris Jericho has come to SAVE the WWE! Now let's go over the facts. Television ratings - downward spiral. Pay-per-view buyrates - plummeting. Mainstream acceptance - nonexistent. And reactions of the live crowd - complete and utter silence! And I know why you're silent! You're silent because you're embarrassed to be here! And quite honestly, I'm embarrassed for you! And the reason why you're embarrassed is because of the steady stream of uninteresting, untalented, mediocre 'sports entertainers' where you're forced to cheer for and care for - no wonder you're not cheering! You could care less about every single idiot in that dressing room...and especially this idiot in the centre of the ring. You people have been led to believe that mediocrity is excellence. Uh uh...JERICHO IS EXCELLENCE. And now, for the first time in WWE history, you have a man who can entertain you! You have a man who is good enough for you! You have a man who can make you jump up off your chairs, raise your filthy fat little hands in the air and scream 'Go Jericho Go! Go Jericho Go! Go Jericho Go!' Thank you. The new Millennium has arrived in the WWE- and now that the Y2J problem is here - this company, from the front office idiots to all the amateurs in the dressing room (including this one) to everybody watching tonight, will never - e-e-e-ever - be the same - agayn

Tall4Life

This is my favorite rare shoot

Now last night you all... I mean earlier tonight you guys hurl-heard that the New Day, talking about winning the WWE Tag Team champions... being the t-becoming the WWE Tag Team champions, last summer, right here, in Brooklyn. Now what you all forget, sometimes, is that going into that match that the Prime Time Players were your tag team champions, w-going in. So every time I get draaaaagged back here to good ol' Brooklyn... I always get someone answering the same question. Whether it be one of them broke brothers from Bushwick, or one of them uppity hipsters from williamsburg. They ask the question: "Was that the worst day of your life?" I look at em. And I say no. That wasn't the worst day of my life, cause when I flash this million dollar smile, I tell ya right now baby, that was the BEST day of my life. It wasn't the worst day of my life cause I dropped the tag team titles, it was the best day of my life, because I dropped the dead weight that was Darren Young. Oh no no no, let's let's let's let's be real. There's no Ride Along - there is a reason there's no episode of Ride Along with the Prime Time Players. Pretty difficult to do when it's only one Prime Time Player. And he would not be relevant - Darren Young would not be relevant if it wasn't for me. Much like Jay-Z wouldn't be relevant if it wudn't for Beyonce. Oh yeah you booin', but it's true, think about it! Bob Backlund. How is Bob Backlund gonna make Darren Young great again, when he wasn't ever great to begin with? I would be all over the main event. You would be wearing my T-shirt. Hell, I would be your Universal champion right now, if it wasn't for Darren Young. Y'all wanna talk about some Bobbbb BACKLIN. Well tonight, I blame YOU Darren Young. I blame YOU for all the failures that I have not ha-no-had since I been here. I blame YOU for not being in the main event. I blame YOU for not being the WWE Champion. And I'll tell ya tonight, tonight. You come out here tonight so I can bury you, and be done with you, all together. Come on out here Darren Young, give these people what they want. They want you, come on out here. Come on, we gon' make Darren Young great again, come on Darren.
No response
I'll tell ya what's going on right now. Ol' crazy, wild-eyed, bobbb BACKLIN is back there tellin' him, don't go out there, don't go out there. Cause... he knows... damn well, that Darren Young is too stupid to come out here. So- ......
Crowd chants 'We Want Slater'
I want Darren. I don't know who y'all want, but I want Darren to come on out here. I want Dar-ren. Okay. That old crazy man please let this man come out here. I mean t-AY! Who is Bob Backlin anyway? Bob Backlund runs out Who is Bob Backlin? Who does Bob Backlin- Ay ay, don't you come out here. I will beat yo- drops mic

Zach

I was originally going to watch WCW as well, but I watched the first couple of episodes of Nitro from 1999 and it was fucking terrible.

When I do my next plan, which is a Macho Man career-run, I'll have to do so, but I'll put it off as much as possible.
Start with episode 1, duuude!

Menome

I've been watching longer than Memenome.

We know, we've seen the picture of you from the 90s.

3iIX97U.jpg

Pull your trousers up.

Ithil

The greatest shoot of our times
Well, hey, I'm here like I said before, I'm here to SHOCK the world. I'm ready, I'm ready to show my Lucha art inside and outside the ring, but... First of all, I can't stop thinking about Baron Corrin, Baron Corbin being on Smackdown. Heh, I get to have my revenge. ¿Sabes qué? He... Like I said, I'm here, to stay and make, make a make a-a a good, good Luchas Lucha... Thing... GOD DAMNIT! WOO!

As much as I loved MVP, this promo by The Miz that teared him and everyone else down is still good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKU_k9mcZsc
I will always maintain 2010 as a bright spot in a shitty period of WWE, I knew it was gonna be the Miz promo with the amazing JBL impression.

Legitimately love this segment, it's top notch dickery from THE BIG GUY!

I must've eliminated this from my mind because I didn't even remember this.

Adree

Will never not be funny Triple H's dedication to making that moment try to happen.

He wanted that crowd to give him sympathy so damn bad.

I like to think that directly led to him sending Cedric back out during the CWC. He knew that was the ultimate babyface moment for Cedric.

Shame that led to jack shit on the main roster though.

Pikma

Banned
I like to think that directly led to him sending Cedric back out during the CWC. He knew that was the ultimate babyface moment for Cedric.

Shame that led to jack shit on the main roster though.
The guy needs some time, he is not the best on the mic

Heroman

Banned
This is true.

When the pace, psychology and everything from NJPW clicks it makes it hard for me to enjoy much else. Which may be a bad thing.

Cena vs AJ matches seem like they are considered modern classics but coming out of WK11 made it hard to appreciate the last one.
Cena vs AJ matches were really good especially the RR but it was missing something to make it really great.

Been wayching alot of nitro lately gotta say wcw might have been better story wise in the early days but gawd damn wwe takes them in the music dept.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
sour note the arena is gonna pop huge when Goldberg becomes champ

I think Brock is going to interfere and give KO the win.

It doesn't make any sense to put the belt on Goldberg. We know he's done after Mania, and having Brock win the belt at Mania doesn't make any sense either as he's barely around.

Heroman

Banned
I think Brock is going to interfere and give KO the win.

It doesn't make any sense to put the belt on Goldberg. We know he's done after Mania, and having Brock win the belt at Mania doesn't make any sense either as he's barely around.
Brock was champ from Summer slam 2015 to WM 31 in and only defended it 2 times, they don't care if you are or aren't on TV.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Who is winning the Andre the Giant Battle Royale this year? Braun Strowman? I don't think he needs the win; his monster run has been sufficient enough that a battle royal win won't elevate him any further.

My top 5 candidates:
1a. Sami Zayn
1b. Samoa Joe
I'm okay with either of them winning and taking the momentum after Mania to be elevated to perhaps winning the US title by next Mania.

3. Heath Slater
Surprise winner, crowd is still behind him and continues to chant his name. Singles push follows in attempt to take the IC title from the eventual champion, Baron Corbin.

4. Rusev
Doubt he will win, but would love to see him back on his monster run he previously had. With Samoa Joe called up though, I don't see Rusev getting back in that position anytime soon.

5. Luke Harper
Provided he's not in the match with Orton and Bray, Harper could take this and help catapult him into a better singles push.

"Surprise" entrants: Erick Rowan returning, Tommy Dreamer, and NXT star such as No Way Jose or Johnny Gargano. Maybe Austin Aries?

Beefy

Who is winning the Andre the Giant Battle Royale this year? Braun Strowman? I don't think he needs the win; his monster run has been sufficient enough that a battle royal win won't elevate him any further.

My top 5 candidates:
1a. Sami Zayn
1b. Samoa Joe
I'm okay with either of them winning and taking the momentum after Mania to be elevated to perhaps winning the US title by next Mania.

3. Heath Slater
Surprise winner, crowd is still behind him and continues to chant his name. Singles push follows in attempt to take the IC title from the eventual champion, Baron Corbin.

4. Rusev
Doubt he will win, but would love to see him back on his monster run he previously had. With Samoa Joe called up though, I don't see Rusev getting back in that position anytime soon.

5. Luke Harper
Provided he's not in the match with Orton and Bray, Harper could take this and help catapult him into a better singles push.

"Surprise" entrants: Erick Rowan returning, Tommy Dreamer, and NXT star such as No Way Jose or Johnny Gargano. Maybe Austin Aries?

It'll be Braun after he gets destroyed by Roman at Fastlane.

Top Bottom