• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Jblanks

Which is exactly how they want you to play?

I don't think Destiny was every meant or designed to be a daily grinder. It's a come on back for the DLC design. Which imo is great. I don't understand why some folks say "after 120 hours (or more, or a month worth of play) they are done but will come back for the dlc. That's exactly what they want? And I'm happy to do it. I can come on back when I want but play something else inbetween. It's perfect
I mean I guess to a degree but the thing is 3/4 of the content is irrelevant end game. Why put all they time, resources, and effort into creating content (adventures, lost sectors, strikes, and even the story) to play for a little bit each while leveling up and then never touching them again. Unless you start an alt and have to do thr story again, there's no replay option and no difficulty option. I just find it weird, how they could've made a few minor changes and the end game could've been so much more, with all that content still being worthwhile. Just a very strange design philosophy but I guess they want us to stop playing and come back every few months for a couple weeks to play the dlc..

jviggy43

So the arms dealer strike. I've ran it six times now and always run out of time. There are way too many adds on that final boss fight. We get there with like 6-8 minutes and they just completely overwhelm us.

Is there a good strat for this strike? We are all at 298-299 using skyburners and killing all the oracles. The tanks fucking ruin our times as well.

The fucking special weapons change really affected strikes like this. You can't switch to your shotgun, fusion rifle or support to one shot enemies which means longer engagements. Heavy ammo never fucking drops because most enemies there arent Orange or yellow bars enemies. Supers take forever to recharge, finish really fast and do shit damage to enemies on this strike. They used to be one hit kills

I hate how Bungie took so many great things about Destiny 1 and nerfed them all just for the sake of balancing pvp. I have defended Destiny from idiots who never gave it a real shot on the sole basis of how incredible the gunplay was with three different options available at you at all times with various different perks. How it's so much more than a shooter thanks to class abilities, customization and supers.

They have literally cut the weapon options down to half and nerfed the class abilities to oblivion. It made the raid way more tedious than it needed to be.

And that's why I can no longer defend Destiny's gameplay. And that's a sad sad thing.
Seriously I just don't even care to complete it. I'm max light and ran it with 2 other max light people and we got him down to 1/4 before running out of time due to the number of adds in the boss room and nothing dropping heavy ammo. The weapon loadout in the game is a significant step back from where it was in D1 and as you said, was seemingly done for the balance of Pvp.

I just feel like they're always so damn close with this franchise but for every step forward they take a step back somewhere else. Like the series really isn't that far off from being incredible if they could just iron out some of the issues.

Wootball

So far I've spent nearly 20 hours on the Raid and just cannot beat Calus. I really need a carry through the boss just so I can get the fucking Raid done and never return to it - can anyone on Xbox help? My tag is Wootball and I'm LL 275 and know the mechanics.

lightus

Man I love this game but Bungie needs to fixed their servers.

I've been counting and I've gotten kicked 11 times the past 2 hours. Sometimes I get those "contacting server" messages 5+ times in a few minutes. It's abysmal. I play roughly everyday and I don't think there's been a single session I haven't been disconnected at least once.

I have a solid connection in my apartment and have never had anything close to this with other apps/games.

GAF, I could really use some help.

I’m looking to start the section of Rat King quest where you need a fire team for two patrols, two PEs and two crucible matches. Would someone please help me? I’m on PSN.

After that I’m hoping to do the nightfall tonight but you don’t have to do that if you don’t want to. I could just use some help on the first three prts, it should only take like thirty minutes. My name on PSN is SpottieO.

Thanks for the help!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So interesting finding on reddit, I'm trying it out to see if it's doable

Trade 20 Token to Planet Vendor
Do not Pick-Up Legendary Engram Package
Every 30 minutes it Rotates Power Level

I'm 305 Hunter. Traded 20 Tokens @Devrim, Engram Power Level @297 @1:05AM EDT.
Went to him @1:30AM EDT Sharp, Engram Changed to PL 295.
Now it's 2:00AM EDT, Engram Power Level is... 300!

THREE FUCKING HUNDRED!
HOLY SHIT!, Farm those Fucking Tokens!
84TVTfDl.jpg

So if you cycle 4 times, roughly 2 hours, you will get your Engram max. So Tokens to get max PL (whatever you are) Loot and then hopefully mods included on them, give you a 305 weapon or armor

Long process, but I think this may help earn 300 gear quicker and get 300-305 faster
At least you will have 30 minute window

Tried to see if it's synced to account or guardians, it's to Guardians
Cause I traded 20 Tokens to Devrim as Warlock and it spit out a 295 Legendary Engram @PL 303 Warlock
On Hunter it went from 297 to 295 to 300!

So if your PL 305, here's you 300 Engram Power up all weapons and armor.
Range will be -5 to -10, every 2.5 hours it cycles

Damn!

GraveRobberX once again was right, Farming does pay off, hahahaha

Fjordson

How does one unlock the exotic quests? The guides say to be level 20 and finish the story but...I ain't seeing them. Like there's apparently one from Failsafe on Nessus for a hand cannon, but I don't see anything. She lets me turn in rep tokens and that's it.

Dineren

Banned
Thank you for offering, I'm probably going to go bed soon since nothing going on at the moment and I have to be up tomorrow. I'll add you anyway though if you don't mind.

Sure that's fine, I'll help you out sometime tomorrow if you're around.

How does one unlock the exotic quests? The guides say to be level 20 and finish the story but...I ain't seeing them. Like there's apparently one from Failsafe on Nessus for a hand cannon, but I don't see anything. She lets me turn in rep tokens and that's it.

You have to grab the reward from Zavala too if you haven't already.

Make sure you've picked up your reward from Zavala as that finally completes the campaign officially.

After that, the Exotic quests are actually the Blue flag questlines on the planets. One in EDZ, One on Titan, one on Nessus. The blue flag quest line on IO results in a Legendary.

CLBridges

I'm not good at PvP but have come to really like crucible and Trials. When I happen to have that one great match once in a blue moon, feels good man.

GraveRobberX

Does that apply to crucible vendor as well?

Most likely has too
Gonna put it into Shaxx and see hopefully

I just Power-leveled my exotic/Legendary weapons and armor PL to like 15 guns all to PL 305
Jesus

So my Blue Drops from PTE are now dropping 300 too.
So Rare and Purples are working as intended

Shaxx @299 Engram @2:35AM EDT, now to wait 25 minutes to see if it changes.

Edit: Shaxx @299 still @3:02AM EDT
Guess Tower NPCs don't cycle.

Put 40 more Tokens and still got @299. So looks like World NPCs of Dev, Sloane, Asher cycle every 2.5 hours from -5 to -10 yu current Power Level

Uff duh

Banned
Most likely has too
Gonna put it into Shaxx and see hopefully

I just Power-leveled my exotic/Legendary weapons and armor PL to like 15 guns all to PL 305
Jesus

So my Blue Drops from PTE are now dropping 300 too.
So Rare and Purples are working as intended

Shaxx @299 Engram @2:35AM EDT, now to wait 25 minutes to see if it changes.
That's a nice find! I'll try it out tomorrow. Bungie gonna have a shit fit! "Play it our way" ha! Internet always wins!

GraveRobberX

Updated findings in last post with edit

Banshee was 297 even though I'm PL 305, waiting till 3:30AM EDT to really get #

For Shaxx and Banshee

Edit: Yep Shaxx till @299 for me and Gunsmith @297 for packages.
Gonna wait till Daily Reset to see that's when Tower NPSc change their Engrams (I'm guessing not)

Checked Zavala, he's 299 too.

Hmmm...

Why are Destination NPC rotating every 2.5 hours from -5 to -10 you current PL, yet Tower NPCs are not cycling.

Ramirez

Seriously I just don't even care to complete it. I'm max light and ran it with 2 other max light people and we got him down to 1/4 before running out of time due to the number of adds in the boss room and nothing dropping heavy ammo. The weapon loadout in the game is a significant step back from where it was in D1 and as you said, was seemingly done for the balance of Pvp.

I just feel like they're always so damn close with this franchise but for every step forward they take a step back somewhere else. Like the series really isn't that far off from being incredible if they could just iron out some of the issues.

That version of the strike is ridiculously easier than the Prestige version from week 1. Why not focus on adds if they're fucking you?

They should just add matchmaking to nightfalls, it's sooooo dumb that there isn't

Again, destiny, I want to give you chances, I want to like you but fuck every annoyance you bring to the gaming world. This shit was figured out at least 5 years ago. I'm never going to get the design choices for this shit.

You have "good" players in this thread who can't even complete it with max time at the boss, and you can't understand why they don't implement regular matchmaking? lol

Did our 2nd clear of the raid tonight in like an hour and a half, the meltdowns from the first week sure are something in hindsight.

Updated findings in last post with edit

Banshee was 297 even though I'm PL 305, waiting till 3:30AM EDT to really get #

For Shaxx and Banshee

Edit: Yep Shaxx till @299 for me and Gunsmith @297 for packages.
Gonna wait till Daily Reset to see that's when Tower NPSc change their Engrams (I'm guessing not)

Checked Zavala, he's 299 too.

Hmmm...

Why are Destination NPC rotating every 2.5 hours from -5 to -10 you current PL, yet Tower NPCs are not cycling.

Nessus didn't work either when I tried it.

Little rant here but I am wondering if it's just me or is the fucking dialogue in this game garbage? Like the humor legit feels like a five year old watched a couple of seasons of big bang theory and then wrote then started speaking out trash

Midas

Little rant here but I am wondering if it's just me or is the fucking dialogue in this game garbage? Like the humor legit feels like a five year old watched a couple of seasons of big bang theory and then wrote then started speaking out trash

It is. Cayde is not funny.

THREE FUCKING HUNDRED!
84TVTfDl.jpg

So if you cycle 4 times, roughly 2 hours, you will get your Engram max. So Tokens to get max PL (whatever you are) Loot and then hopefully mods included on them, give you a 305 weapon or armor

Long process, but I think this may help earn 300 gear quicker and get 300-305 faster

Cause I traded 20 Tokens to Devrim as Warlock and it spit out a 295 Legendary Engram @PL 303 Warlock

Damn!

You my man are a beautiful human being! I will give this a try and report any success back here.

So this vender thing is weird and I'm going to have to test it out.

I'm at light level 305, and everything from blues, purples and exotics I noticed can drop anywhere in-between 295-300. I didn't think time would be an element to this.

Pretty eventful night tonight. Finally did the raid, reached LL 288, made progress on the Rat King exotic quest, made a new friend that I ended up talking slight shit about during crucible (thank god I didn't just annihilate them lol), and I dipped my toes into Trials (and did pretty good!). Game really is better with people.

Dristan

Neo Member
I don't think I find individual characters funny or charming but I do enjoy the way they bounce off of eachother. I can't say I enjoy Failsafe's gimmick but I enjoy how her and Ghost hate each other's guts. Zavala and Devrin aren't exactly beacons of personality but I can't help but legit ship them as a couple because of their mutual appreciation for the things they both enjoy like inferstructure.

JTran2003

Pretty eventful night tonight. Finally did the raid, reached LL 288, made progress on the Rat King exotic quest, made a new friend that I ended up talking slight shit about during crucible (thank god I didn't just annihilate them lol), and I dipped my toes into Trials (and did pretty good!). Game really is better with people.

Keep forgetting I still need to do the rat king quest... Taking up one of my spots.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Ok someone has to say it. What's even the point of power/light in d2? Enemies just scale to your level and still 2 shot you. You can never feel like a badass in d2 endgame because enemies scale to your level and your gun still takes a full clip to kill a vandal. In Nightfall it is most prominent and absolutely ridiculous.

actaully Im happy for the level scaling..in D1 it got kinda boring 2 shotting enemies at max LL..kinda wished they were scaled to my current level...which Im glad Bungie managed to fix that for D2. Love the challenge

GraveRobberX

actaully Im happy for the level scaling..in D1 it got kinda boring 2 shotting enemies at max LL..kinda wished they were scaled to my current level...which Im glad Bungie managed to fix that for D2. Love the challenge

Not fun when you have to empty half a clip into a Goddamn Shank in NF when Ammo is fucking Juggler Mode on

Ask Saiyan and Knight, we had to run the NF twice, first time by boss we were literally 12:00 and failed cause ammo drops vanished for like 4-5 minutes, not a single drop

That's not a fucking challenge, I'm sorry

Kaversmed

But what’s the point of having a higher PL then? They should just make hard/prestige modes for people with high PL and keep the regular for us plebs who just want to get powerful enough to plow thru everything.

Ushay

THREE FUCKING HUNDRED!
84TVTfDl.jpg

Damn!

Damn nice, thanks for posting this.

I've only hit about PL 240, but really like how each every actions will reward in some way, despite my limited playtime.

Just ran the Cayde treasure maps for the first time. Only 2 chests had anything and they were blue items.

That's it really? Nothing for the fancy cube either...

Verano

But what's the point of having a higher PL then? They should just make hard/prestige modes for people with high PL and keep the regular for us plebs who just want to get powerful enough to plow thru everything.
same argument can be said about being all powerful and cheesing anythin and everything...without much effort..wheres the fun in that?
Not fun when you have to empty half a clip into a Goddamn Shank in NF when Ammo is fucking Juggler Mode on

Ask Saiyan and Knight, we had to run the NF twice, first time by boss we were literally 12:00 and failed cause ammo drops vanished for like 4-5 minutes, not a single drop

That's not a fucking challenge, I'm sorry

I did it twice too. first time we failed because of time alotted. we didn't destroy enough anomalies. Ammo dropped frequently for my FT...scarcely for power weapons at boss area. if anything NF might be bugged for some. like you..
anyways for a true challenge
I really wish Bungie brought back total wipe to nightfalls again so once your FT dies, everyone is kicked out to orbit instead of respawning or being timed to finish it and restart it all over again. Also would be cool to have the option to run NF solo too. Loved running it by myself in D1 before Bungie made FT's for NF's mandatory...

Kaversmed

same argument can be said about being all powerful and cheesing anythin and everything...without much effort..wheres the fun in that?

Higher difficulty Nightfalls, Strikes etc. with even better loot? As it is now, playing a Strike at PL 200 feels no different than at 300. There’s really no reason to grind other than some stuff being hard locked behind a higher PL wall.

Jblanks

Just ran the Cayde treasure maps for the first time. Only 2 chests had anything and they were blue items.

That's it really? Nothing for the fancy cube either...

Supposedly they're a little buggy. You have to wait a bit or something in between opening them. But I mean what you're buying is basically just a chance at a legendary/exotic engram, not like you do much. Pay 4.5k glimmer, and the exact spot is on your map. The whole treasure map thing was kind of a letdown tbh, could've been a legit treasure hunt or something.

Verano

THREE FUCKING HUNDRED!
84TVTfDl.jpg

Damn!

I've been doing this too...thats how I've jumped from 288 to 295 in a day...now everyone knows
<_<
>_>

Verano

Higher difficulty Nightfalls, Strikes etc. with even better loot? As it is now, playing a Strike at PL 200 feels no different than at 300. There's really no reason to grind other than some stuff being hard locked behind a higher PL wall.

yes..there is....farming tokens and whatnot..see grave robbers post..for now 350 LL is max for now....I wonder when is Bungie gonna open the cap for higher LL...hmmm

Top Bottom