• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

The carragan is fucking garbage. The two burst one I ended up enjoying a lot.

Also, nice to know SBMM continues to find me players of my skill level to go against, but gives me the most worthless trash in my team. Good job, ND.

The Carrigan is a TAR, right? I love the aesthetics of that gun, it's just so cool to me but there's clearly better options in the game right now. Too bad because I love how it looks. The P90 is pretty good though.

Also I feel you about teammates, jesus christ I've never seen a more wretched hive of worthless fucks. I'm usually playing a support loadout so I have revive packs, marking, and the cintamani stone. Lord help me I am doing everything I can to keep these lemmings from throwing themselves off the first cliff they see.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I feel ya man as I also run a support loadout 98% of the time.

ND forum is back. It looks like fucking shit.

Mediking

Yeah, I love reviving people. Lol so rewarding.

One time I literally used a CStone on an ally 2 times back to back just to keep him alive.

VanWinkle

Sorry for the noob question. I used to love UC2 multiplayer but was thrown off by the lack of...simplicity of this one at launch. I haven't looked into it much at all since then.

Is there a mode now that takes away the fluff and makes it more like UC2 MP, by any chance?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So remember when the village would show up constantly? Now it's the same with Treasury. I'm sick of this map already.

Foxxsoxx

Just realized Easy Allies got their faces scanned into the armor masks. That's really cool.

DDHfs4GV0AEQPzl.jpg

test_account

XP-39C²
Some of the spawns in King Of The Hill are complete bullshit! Start you on the other side of the map, takes like at least 10 seconds to reach the hill, meaning that you dont have a chance to make it in time. Other spawns are like 4-5 seconds away. /vent

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Sorry for the noob question. I used to love UC2 multiplayer but was thrown off by the lack of...simplicity of this one at launch. I haven't looked into it much at all since then.

Is there a mode now that takes away the fluff and makes it more like UC2 MP, by any chance?

Yep, Classic mode. :)

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Ranked KOTH is honestly the worst fucking thing I've ever played. Ranked TDM before was bullshit, but this takes it to a whole other level. I'd rather get garbage team mates in regular TDM than garbage team mates in an objective mode. The quitting is out of control and there is absolutely no way you can win when it's 3v5. Never touching this garbage ever again.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Late join. Late join. Late joining. I am so sick of this shit.

Fuck you and the way you go out of your fucking way to ruin a solo player's experience ND. FFS.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
All that clip shows me is that this game's matchmaking is fucking broken. Veteran players against noobs. It's so rare that you get a balanced match, and even when you do, people still fucking quit because all they want is easy stomping instead of working for a win.

Cannot believe this game is at this horrible state with nothing from ND to address it. I shouldn't be surprised, really. As I'm typing this, I've been trying to late join for the past five minutes into a match that's totally not even worth joining since I know the opposition is a party of 5 cuz I've run into them before. The characters on the team I'm late joining keep disappearing cuz they're quitting. There's only one guy left. You cannot make this shit up.

stryke

Because Treasury, Treasury, Treasury, Treasury!

I don't even get Treasury that often. Most of the time it's River or New Devon for me.

Just had a 2 hour session with a friend and not once did we get Mad City (which is my favourite).

Btw pink Savage skine for Elena is lit.

Kambing

Hey guys, I'm getting back into UC multiplayer, forgot how much I enjoy it! didn't see it in the OP, wondering if there is a discord group? Trying to find mates to play with, i am in the west coast.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The RPG is pure fucking shit. I shot it at a cluster of enemies huddled up together, and it doesn't down anyone. 😐

WinFonda

We're totally gonna get some U3 maps right? ...Right?

Yemen, Old Quarter, London Underground, Airport, Chateau

Come on, there's some good ones.

We're totally gonna get some U3 maps right? ...Right?

Yemen, Old Quarter, London Underground, Airport, Chateau

Come on, there's some good ones.

Has there been any word of getting new content at all??? I've been itching to get back into this game but I'm holding off until the new game/expansion releases in hopes that it will also bring new content to the MP.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
There was supposedly co-op arena that was leaked.

It's very disappointing that there hasn't been any UC3 maps.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Someone in the PS forums posted an image of it being in the message of the day. The thread has been deleted I think, but this was the description:
Our old good success brought up to date is arrived : Survival Arena ! More than 100 new unique waves to face, including all the enemies, bosses and types of wave of the survival mode mixed up with new enemies, new siege zones and new wave modifiers for create thousands of possible situations”

Someone in the PS forums posted an image of it being in the message of the day. The thread has been deleted I think, but this was the description:

That's great news, but after all the changes to survival, i'm now worried that they've managed to suck the fun out of arena as well. :/

Drencrom

That's great news, but after all the changes to survival, i'm now worried that they've managed to suck the fun out of arena as well. :/

I just want a simple co-op survival mode where you and your friends shoot and kill increasingly harder waves of enemies without time limits or any bullshit objectives like collecting swords, headshots only or being forced to stay in one place. If ND can deliver that, I'm happy.

I wouldn't worry that much, especially now that a "certain someone" has left ND.

Is Quentin the one who thought making "Survival" timebased was a good idea?

WinFonda

3/4 of the MP team has left, not just quentin.
While that undoubtedly means less frequent updates, I think creative control being in the hands of fewer people is for the best. Uncharted 4 MP is all over the place. The gunplay is fantastic, I love their decision for 60fps and free DLC. And don't get me wrong, the game is fun; but man does U4 clash so many ways with U2 and U3, design wise.

Cogburn still seems to be there? He's worked on Uncharted MP for awhile (7+ years maybe?) so I'm happy with that, I think he gets it. Hopefully him and the remaining team can still push through some meaningful updates.

AKyemeni

While that undoubtedly means less frequent updates, I think creative control being in the hands of fewer people is for the best. Uncharted 4 MP is all over the place. The gunplay is fantastic, I love their decision for 60fps and free DLC. And don't get me wrong, the game is fun; but man does U4 clash so many ways with U2 and U3, design wise.

Cogburn still seems to be there? He's worked on Uncharted MP for awhile (7+ years maybe?) so I'm happy with that, I think he gets it. Hopefully him and the remaining team can still push through some meaningful updates.
Not really fewer people, but now there will be designers new to Uncharted Multiplayer, which can swing either way.

I just want a simple co-op survival mode where you and your friends shoot and kill increasingly harder waves of enemies without time limits or any bullshit objectives like collecting swords, headshots only or being forced to stay in one place. If ND can deliver that, I'm happy.

The excerpt that Rewrite has posted says arena will have all the same types of wave modifiers from survival, along with new ones, so headshots only and siege are definitely still in, which i don't mind. Outside of the time limits, which will hopefully be gone for arena, my main issue with co-op lies with all the changes they made to bosses, especially the fact that several mysticals have been made useless against them, so for now i'll stay cautiously optimistic regarding the actual execution of arena.

Is Quentin the one who thought making "Survival" timebased was a good idea?
Quentin is a Destiny fanboy who thought it would be a good idea to introduce MMO-like bosses with huge ass health bars in the Uncharted universe and who knows what else (P2W one-use boosters wasn't a good idea either).

3/4 of the MP team has left, not just quentin.
75% sounds quite huge
unless it was a 4-man team to begin with. :p

Drencrom

The excerpt that Rewrite has posted says arena will have all the same types of wave modifiers from survival, along with new ones, so headshots only and siege are definitely still in, which i don't mind. Outside of the time limits, which will hopefully be gone for arena, my main issue with co-op lies with all the changes they made to bosses, especially the fact that several mysticals have been made useless against them, so for now i'll stay cautiously optimistic regarding the actual execution of arena.

I personally hope they get rid of some wave modifiers if so and add actual fun and interesting modifiers. Like really, who the hell thinks the headshot only wave is fun? I never heard anyone say anything positive about the "collect swords" waves either.

Getting rid of the terrible time limits that sucked the fun of the current coop mode will definitely improve this mode for sure though. The time limits only made people ragequit when 3 stars is unachievable and forced people to play repetitively with little room for experimenting. Just downright horrible and tedious gamedesign.

Quentin is a Destiny fanboy who thought it would be a good idea to introduce MMO-like bosses with huge ass health bars in the Uncharted universe and who knows what else (P2W one-use boosters wasn't a good idea either).

I guess he's the one who thought making the mysticals like Indra's Eternity garbage against the bosses was a good idea too then.

It's hard to believe that the only mystical that was actually useful against bosses was nerfed to hell...

AKyemeni

75% sounds quite huge
unless it was a 4-man team to begin with. :p
;)

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Nice! Although I wish we can get more heroes as well! Heroes side is lacking. But I'll take new characters!

EDIT:

ND needs to implement character profiles where each character can have up to 5 or more outfits saved.... Most characters have awesome dress options so it sucks having to select a character, scroll down to whatever costume you want, and customize the headgear...

WinFonda

After Lost Legacy comes out, will Nadine still be considered a villain :p

wouldn't be surprised if they moved her over tbh, but maybe not right away

like rewrite mentioned the heroes side is really sparse, it's like 8 heroes to 12 villains

the DLC villain getting added in was expected for me, but still welcome

i'd love to see Joel and Ellie (TLOU2 models) show up at some point

Nice! Although I wish we can get more heroes as well! Heroes side is lacking. But I'll take new characters!

EDIT:

ND needs to implement character profiles where each character can have up to 5 or more outfits saved.... Most characters have awesome dress options so it sucks having to select a character, scroll down to whatever costume you want, and customize the headgear...

they should bring back the heroes dlc from Uc2

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
they should bring back the heroes dlc from Uc2
No thanks. They sucked in UC2 because they didn't make any noise, so all the damn try hards picked them since they had an advantage over everyone else. They either need to have VA or they should remain in UC2.

Personally, I would rather have them add other characters that were in the past games first, like Cameraman Jeff, Schafer, Rika, Draza, Pinkerton, Guerro, etc.

Top Bottom