• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEA patents amazing new advertising technology

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I like the idea of having a livestream of content to the sides, like the sports scores or even breaking news. But only if I choose for it to be there. I mean Nintendo does it well with the TV app, but this Sony stuff seems a bit overkill.

IKh3Aw3.jpg

Raide

So is this a new type of game where you name the commercial and it skips it? Utter Genius! People will be shouting brand names every few minutes!

DaBoss

whitehawk.gif

I guess that means this gif is accurate. No dashboard ads. Instead we got something very innovative, interactive ads!!!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It would be nice if the advertising didn't make all gamers look like unhealthy, fat slobs with no taste. Yeah, that's the only thing that appeals to gamers: shitty delivery pizza and $1 cheeseburgers. Thanks.

Raide

Damn, they need this tech in all games, especially Kojima ones. Long cutscene? Just shout a random product sponsor!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
"Voice not recognized. Please shout name of brand company louder. Volume level must reach next-door neighbor to pass verification."

EvB

Imagine if someone stands up in the crowd, thrusts their hands into the sky and shouts MCDONALDS at the Sony conference.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
"Say McDonald's to end the commercial"
"You haven't said the requested word. What are you waiting for?"
"Say McDonald's please."
"Say It!"
"SAY IT!"
"SAAAAY! IIIIITTT!

Console somehow throws itself across the room and self destructs. Screams, "HAVE A NICE DAY!" just before it goes. Fin.

Top Bottom