• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEA patents amazing new advertising technology

ads3x6e8l.jpg

59Vt6.gif

This is like Punch the Monkey flash ads from more than 7 years ago.

And yeah, if MS did this patent people would be out torching things.

sublimit

Banned
This looks so anti-consumer and so stupid that i don't think it will ever happen.
But if this is the future then i'm going full retro.

You've got to be kidding me....

The day this garbage comes to PC gaming is, I FUCKING SWEAR TO ZEUS, the last day I ever play a videogame. Videogames are becoming the lowest form of art. It's a disgrace. You knows those cheap tiny comics that you used to get from the 25c coin up machines? They come in that plastic shell right. Higher art than most videogames nowadays.

Aeana

This is like Punch the Monkey flash ads from more than 7 years ago.

And yeah, if MS did this patent people would be out torching things.

You say that like people are happy or not making negative comments about it as it is.
I think some of you guys just invent system wars nonsense in your minds.

ironcreed

Banned
LOL, this is hilarious. They have a lot of shit patented, let's just hope none of this rears it's head tonight or things could get ugly... fast. Throw dat pickle.

You say that like people are happy or not making negative comments about it as it is.
I think some of you guys just invent system wars nonsense in your minds.

Don't try to deny that there has been a rising tide in ad based anger towards MS over the last while stemming from the dash and paywalls. Quantifiable reasons for people to be upset, reasonable or not. Then Sony does this and makes it kind of funny and cute.

jackal27

Banned
NOOOOOOOO!! Why does everything have to be so terrible... I'm just going to go play my Super Nintendo...

But seriously, if shit like this becomes the norm, I will drop console gaming altogether and do what I'm pretty much doing already. That is, playing cheap indie games on my PC alongside my 3DS.

Then... What?

LOL then what ? Didn't you get the notice, everytime there's talk about Microsoft or Xbox Live, people whine about ads are this ads are that. Now Sony is thinking about it too, maybe even implementing it in their next console... But the meltdowns are not even comparable.

Bottom line is, all companies want to make money, advertising is a huge part of the next gen strategy, both Microsoft and Sony will do it.

LOL then what ? Didn't you get the notice, everytime there's talk about Microsoft or Xbox Live, people whine about ads are this ads are that. Now Sony is thinking about it too, maybe even implementing it in their next console... But the meltdowns are not even comparable.

Bottom line is, all companies want to make money, advertising is a huge part of the next gen strategy, both Microsoft and Sony will do it.

Oh I'd like a source for that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's stupid, impractical, and you'll never actually see this happen.
Also, it's failed when its been implemented on streaming video on PCs.

The same people who believe this will happen are the ones that believe Microsoft will be recording video of you 24/7 Big Brother style using Kinect. This is only slightly more plausible.

Aeana

It's equally bad no matter who does it.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Don't try to deny that there has been a rising tide in ad based anger towards MS over the last while stemming from the dash and paywalls. Quantifiable reasons for people to be upset, reasonable or not. Then Sony does this and makes it kind of funny and cute.

I can't tell who's joking anymore. :(

Top Bottom