• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 once again doesn't have matchmaking for non-Raid content

Alo0oy

Banned
Sure but I am going out on a limb that those folks knew what they were doing.

Sure, but a lot of people playing Destiny know what they're doing, MM in Nightfalls won't result in some horrible unpleasant expetience, it's not THAT difficult.

Lurk

Banned
guided games coming to raids, nightfalls and in the future trials. My clan and I have been doing a couple hours a week helping people out.

Generally we've had very good experiences and have been rated 4/5 by those we've carried.

Having to rely upon LFG (after numerous posts in the Destiny OT on GAF trying to get a raid group together failed) was what made me realize I don't like Destiny and that it wasn't worth playing anymore.

Destiny is not good if you don't have friends who play Destiny. I am not playing Destiny 2 for that reason. The LFG experience is what drove me and my one Destiny playing friend away from the game forever. Shit sucks.

Strakt

I can understand Raid and Trials, but no matchmaking for Nightfall is just baffling.

w1huN6E.jpg

Once again, why are people complaining? If you want trials matchmaking, then make some friends.. its a competitive mode to get win as many in a row as possible.. you're not going to do that with a pug.

molnizzle

Will most likely do that for the raid, but I don't think NFs need any planning with a clan or LFG, they should at least beta test matchmaking in NFs. Let alone trivial stuff like patrols just to get an exotic.

The whole point of the game is to play with friends. Every decision Bungie makes is designed to keep you playing with people you know. If you're not interested in doing that then Destiny probably isn't for you.

Nightfalls have guided games coming. That's fine. Nightfalls are actually kinda hard now, unlike the end of Rise of Iron. Matchmaking would be shitty for them. Same with Trials. Adding matchmaking there would just make it easier for scrubs like me to get a few wins.
On second thought, maybe you're on to something here...

The exotic quest stuff isn't going anywhere. It's super easy to knock out this time around. You're just gonna have to accept that one.

NandoGip

Is this where we bitch about destiny 2?

I guess my pet peeve would be the inventory system and its limit. For a loot game, its very anti-collector.

Lurk

Banned
w1huN6E.jpg

Once again, why are people complaining? If you want trials matchmaking, then make some friends.. its a competitive mode to get win as many in a row as possible.. you're not going to do that with a pug.

it's coming buddy boy.

Kill3r7

Sure, but a lot of people playing Destiny know what they're doing, MM in Nightfalls won't result in some horrible unpleasant expetience, it's not THAT difficult.

I never said it was. The rat king's quest, which is what you were asking for, is slightly more complicated due to the specific quest requirements.

molnizzle

It'd be a horrible unpleasant experience at least half the time. Having two teammates who don't know the Nightfall mechanics and don't have mics would be torture. That shit would happen all the time if anyone could just queue up for matchmaking with the tap of a button.

Guided games is the better solution.

Sorry, but I don't get all these terms like nightfalls, trials, coe, etc. I never play Destiny.

Basically, will I be screwed as a solo player at endgame?

ch4fx_

"What's the first symbol?"

*silence*

"What's the 2nd symbol?"

*silence*

"What's the 3rd symbol?"

"CUP!"

Good luck with that.

molnizzle

Sorry, but I don't get all these terms like nightfalls, trials, coe, etc. I never play Destiny.

Basically, will I be screwed as a solo player at endgame?

Not if you join a clan and make friends.

Make no mistake - Destiny is a social game. Playing with your friends is the entire point of it.

psyfi

Banned
Being an Xbox Destiny player on GAF is rough. It takes me days to find people here just to do the Nightfall. The Xbox LFG feature has been dope, but I still haven't gotten into a raid group.

Guided games.

It's coming for the raid. You need to be 270 (I believe) and have a mic.

Matchmaking will be there. It's not your normal matchmaking, and that's for a good reason.

I still haven't gotten into a raid group.
You will soon though, which is awesome. I imagine there will be a lag for guided games after the release of each raid to ensure some length of time to get clans familiar with it.

My clan will be opening up the NF on Guided Games this week so looking forward to being able to do the same for the raid in the future. We're a mile from confident on that one yet though lol.

Syntsui

Weird, I played my Nightfall with Guided Games.

Trials should have matchmaking for the sole reason of making it easier to get a flawless for people that actually build a group.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Being an Xbox Destiny player on GAF is rough. It takes me days to find people here just to do the Nightfall. The Xbox LFG feature has been dope, but I still haven't gotten into a raid group.

Are you in the gaf xbox clan? I literally had someone respond in a minute after requesting a 3rd for a nightfall.

This is just another in the many issues surrounding Destiny that Bungie just fundamentally fails on. Its baffling this is the same company that made Halo.

You can literally make randoms in WoW run raids together. Give people a baby mode with worse loot. Why is this even an issue?

FinKL

"What's the first symbol?"

*silence*

"What's the 2nd symbol?"

*silence*

"What's the 3rd symbol?"

"CUP!"

Good luck with that.
This is why you assign who's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Otherwise everyone will wait for everyone else to say their symbol

EvB

This is the kind of thing that Xbox Looking for Groups are fantastic for. I've already used it a few times to fill a space with somebody that matches specific criteria.

Alo0oy

Banned
Alright, you've convinced me about the Trials, it's still shitty to lock certain things behind that mode (like certain areas/lore, and even a trophy), just make it a normal crucible mode with pre-made teams only.

Not buying the NF excuses though, it's not some grand hyper difficult mode, it's the same strikes people have done a million times with additional modifiers, there's nothing in them that requires the same strategy as the extreme Trials in FFXIV for example, and that has matchmaking in it.

Strakt

This is just another in the many issues surrounding Destiny that Bungie just fundamentally fails on. Its baffling this is the same company that made Halo.

You can literally make randoms in WoW run raids together. Give people a baby mode with worse loot. Why is this even an issue?

Did you bother reading the thread? All endgame content besides trials have guided games coming to them

Kill3r7

GAF X1 community is not particularly huge. Try finding a dedicated X1 clan.

Chucker

There's nothing remotely difficult or communications-dependent in these modes

If you want to win, there is. Trials being difficult depends on your skill, but call outs are essential. You can have weak links on a team as long as they have situational awareness and are able to articulate where movement is. I won't play trials without a mic and don't expect anybody else to be silent either.

Welcome to destiny.

Bungie doesn't want people to maybe have a bad experience so no matchmaking. But they will totally let you bang your head against a impossible task solo all you want.

Blam

You'll never find people fast enough just use destinylfg (com/net) ,the100. You'll find people much quicker.

Strakt

The ๖ۜBronx;249326592 said:
Except they don't mind, which is why they're in the process of adding it to the game.

I think people are too ignorant to read the actual thread and the fact guided games will exist for all endgame content besides trials.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Did you bother reading the thread? All endgame content besides trials have guided games coming to them

Which isn't "matchmaking. . ." It's "we really want you in a Clan so look here's a clan to hold your hand because you're clearly not as good as them." And it's also on a ticket system so may not be available for when you want to run it. So no. . .not quite what people are looking for.

At the end of the day, the design decision to not include basic Match Making functionality (which it seems already exists for X1 users) shows a crazy lack of faith in their consumer base.

Except they don't mind, which is why they're in the process of adding it to the game.

Not quite. Their Destiny 2 stage show that they did specifically mentioned that "matchmaking" as is it generally understood is NOT something they were interested in. This "Oh it's coming. . ." nonsense completely ignores this.

I think people are too ignorant to read the actual thread and the fact guided games will exist for all endgame content besides trials.
With the fact that Trials is literally there for teams to face teams, and you can matchmake for the same game modes in the Competetive playlist.

The ignorance is astounding.

Alo0oy

Banned

Guided games are a great compromise for Raids and Trials, but NF would absolutely work with MM, people are severely underestimating people's abilities to play video games, if someone played enough to get to LL260, they're good enough to attempt NF.

Lurk

Banned
I saw a stream of someone doing it with 5 minutes remaining with randoms from his chat with no mic, it's definitely doable.

Whilst we did carries last week from guided games, most finished with over 5 minutes remaining.

Welcome to destiny.

Bungie doesn't want people to maybe have a bad experience so no matchmaking. But they will totally let you bang your head against a impossible task solo all you want.

BUT guided games exist so your point is invalid.

Chucker

There are several clans (Mine included) that are xbox centric and have activity going on all day. Check the recruitment thread.

Guided games are a great compromise for Raids and Trials, but NF would absolutely work with MM, people are severely underestimating people's abilities to play video games, if someone played enough to get to LL260, they're good enough to attempt NF.
I'm sorry, what's the difference? In Guided Games you tap X four times, wait a bit and then play the Nightfall with two other people.

The only thing I can see is there's less chance of being fucked by someone dropping out.

I just got new tickets for guided games (matchmaking). Worked great so far, for nightfall. When I used matchmaking for nightfall, we finished it first try. Same for the second and third nightfall with matchmaking. Can't wait for the Raid matchmaking. I think it's coming next week, right? All this talk about "it does not work, you need communication with headset!" is stupid and not true (at least for nightfall and raid)

Top Bottom