• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Call of Duty 2014 teaser: no one man should have all that power

Jblanks

"Ideas don't determine who's right."

ok cool

"Power determines who's right."

awesome, I've gleaned all I need to know from this teaser - this is clearly a villain who values actions above all else and -

"And I have the power"

yes okay I kind of gathered that otherwise you probably wouldn't be saying this

"so I'm right"

thank you for explaining why you were saying this axiom

Thanks for the breakdown man we needed it ...

I'm one of those that loves it for the campaign. I think i've spent maybe 15 minutes with the multiplayer in total for the series. Although i'm probably going to try out the multiplatform demo for Ghosts that's coming out for the PS4 tomorrow.

Oh man you picked Ghosts to try out the MP? Have fun if you can..

stryke

A few months ago Hayden Panettiere tweeted a picture of her face with dots all over it. I figured it had to be for a video game (or she said so in the tweet, I honestly can't remember which), but I couldn't guess which one. Maybe it's this...

Aww fuck yeah mocap for kingdom hearts...i wish T - T

whyman

Ok I was writing bad stuff on the new COD from the picture yeasterday. Time to eat crow. If that is ingame model I'm in. Looks really good.

Squire

Banned
She did say it was a video game. Interesting although does cod usually have many women in it?

Ah, that's what I thought.

It doesn't from what I can tell, but I don't buy the games and haven't gone through the campaigns. It's never too late though.

Aww fuck yeah mocap for kingdom hearts...i wish T - T

Haha, I thought of KH too! But of course I knew it couldn't be that. What they seem to be doing here is along the likes of what I was thinking. My one guess was Watch_Dogs maybe.

Omega

Banned
CoD for some reason always gets me hyped. I feel like "they're gonna change it and make it good!"

Closer to release when other good games come out I remember it will forever be CoD. no thanks

She did say it was a video game. Interesting although does cod usually have many women in it?

They're usually in helicopter or voice comm roles where you hear them but don't see them. But Black Ops 2 had Chloe and she saw a decent amount of screen time. They've even used Sarah Michelle Gellar's likeness in one of the zombie modes. So, it wouldn't be surprising if they hired another celebrity for a role.

Oh man you picked Ghosts to try out the MP? Have fun if you can..

Yeah, I haven't heard many good things about the competitive side. But it's free and I know not to judge the overall multiplayer experience off of it. Plus i've heard good things about Extinction.

YourFriend

Neo Member
As exciting as it is to get a new COD announced, I doubt I'll be getting it day 1. I'll probably wait 2 weeks to a month and get some better impressions of how the game actually plays.

"Ideas don't determine who's right."

ok cool

"Power determines who's right."

awesome, I've gleaned all I need to know from this teaser - this is clearly a villain who values actions above all else and -

"And I have the power"

yes okay I kind of gathered that otherwise you probably wouldn't be saying this

"so I'm right"

thank you for explaining why you were saying this axiom
Doesn't help that Spacey sounds like he is phoning it in.

sjay1994

CoD for some reason always gets me hyped. I feel like "they're gonna change it and make it good!"

Closer to release when other good games come out I remember it will forever be CoD. no thanks

There is a checklist since black ops for every COD announce to release.

- Announce game during sporting event or early may. Game to be released between Mid October-Early November

-Game shows snipets of story. Story is touted to be written by a big name movie screen writer

-More info at e3, typically a story mission demo. Trailer featuring a song made specifically for the game by well known artist or band.

-MP at gamescom

-Co op mode info leaks out

-Live action trailer featuring celebrities

-Game releases

Shinta

Banned
Even I'm slightly hyped for this game. Never purchased a CoD in my life, never will, but I want to see what this game is like. Looks impressive so far.

Hip Hop

Who the fuck doesn't LOVE Kevin Spacey?

image.jpg

Just look at that dude. Consider yourself inferior.

I don't know who he is :(

Well, we don't know if this specific game will be cross gen or not. Last-gen could get a totally different CoD title for the year. Their CoD could possibly be a side story or something.

Hirshberg also assures fans worried about the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions that 2014’s Call of Duty “will also be a great current-gen game.” The publisher recognizes 2014 as a continuation of last year’s console transition. “There are still a lot of people playing on current gen,” says Hirshberg “and we want to deliver a great experience for them as well. But it will be a next-gen-first production and the current-gen game will be a version of that.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/10/914602

That pretty much sounds like they're going to build it for the PS4/Xbox One/PC and the other consoles will receive a downgraded version of it.

Respawn

Banned
Did it for the powwwaahhhhh.

Spacey is awesome. I guess the Microsoft/Activision co-marketing deal is still a thing. I thought the rumour was just that PS4 was the lead platform instead of 360/Xbone, though.
Promotion sure but not development. I guess I was wrong about the continued partnership. Figured Activision won't go that route this time but money has to be made I guess.

Hip Hop

Haven't been interested in CoD for a long time. I hope they reboot the story and become more ambitious. Kevin Space is a good sign.

Have you ever seen a movie?

A few here and there. I'm not a movie or TV show fan so that explains it.

Massa

Why do people care which system is the lead marketing platform? People are going to buy the game on the system of their choice for reasons other than which version gets marked more.

Legit question.

Because the first party that pays for marketing also gets earlier access to the DLC packs.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Looks better visually than I would have thought.

THIS is the kind of CoD next gen/current gen CoD experience that will make theillions of rabid CoD fans buy PS4s and XBOs.

Excited for Sunday.

There goes the next gen only rumor, I can't wait until they reveal "mechs" for multiplayer

Edit: are posts dissappearing? I could have swore I posted on the sixth page.

This isn't your average everyday modern warfare this is -- advanced warfare.

tumblr_lu2qnzaDmj1qzyel1.png

As a man who only liked Matt Damon’s Elysium suit and only that suit and is forever psyched for Edge of Tomorrow until it comes out, this COD looks fucking great.

Top Bottom