• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Call of Duty 2014 teaser: no one man should have all that power

God dammit now I'm hyped.

Kevin Spacey as the main Villan and it looks like they scanned him into the game? Count me in.

this. this new Call of Duty seems to really be doing something interesting with the power of the brand, a PMC plot with a Kevin Spacey villain is very intriguing. must wait until the reveal to see if the game is more than just hype tho

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
I think you're being a bit hopeful. There are Watch Dogs videos out there with Xbox logos at the end, its a multi platform game, the logo will be on some materials and not others depending on where it is. It doesn't mean probably anything...

You just ain't believin in the power of Spacey.

I'm hoping that this is PS4/X1/PC only so that the visuals are actually impressive, though I'm not foolish enough to believe that will be the case.

Well, they have always said it was "Next-Gen first," probably meaning Next-Gen is the lead and then port it to last gen consoles.

So just like terrorists, drones, Russia and South America were the main enemies in past Cods a PMC is that here.

): I guess I was expecting more. Why can't we get a morally ambiguous antagonist?

Over the top here we go again... War war never changes.

x-Lundz-x

They can be "lead" platform all they want, but if the PS4 version is rendering twice as many pixels again it's kind of hard to argue that's not the better option.

PS4 will be the lead development platform, XB1 lead marketing platform.

We know which system is the better option to play it on.

Fucking Obama.

Thanks Obama!

I've been really interested in Sledgehammer's COD. Hopefully it is something new and fresh. I know they helped work on MW3, but this is Sledgehammer's first actual game. Let's hope it really impresses us. Ghosts was pretty dull and lackluster. Then next year we have Black Ops III. : )

maneil99

So just like terrorists, drones, Russia and South America were the main enemies in past Cods a PMC is that here.

): I guess I was expecting more. Why can't we get a morally ambiguous antagonist?

Over the top here we go again... War war never changes.

Black Ops 2 had a good villian. Anyway why are you looking for something that hasn't been the case for the last 11 call of duty's? It's likes like going to a Chinese restaurant and expecting Italian.

Sojgat

Love Spacey, I just hope the writer knows what they're doing this time, the last few games have not been great in that department. It is possible to tell a good story with a COD campaign.

BPoole

It always baffles me how people trash CoD all year and all it takes is a well liked celebrity to be featured in the game for everyone to cream their pants and get all excited.

And yeah, "Stop liking what I dont like"

Lunar15

It always baffles me how people trash CoD all year and all it takes is a well liked celebrity to be featured in the game for everyone to cream their pants and get all excited.

Activision merely figured out what Hollywood figured out a while ago: People go nuts for casting speculation.

Don't forget the graphical upgrade.

Black Ops 2 had a good villian. Anyway why are you looking for something that hasn't been the case for the last 11 call of duty's? It's likes like going to a Chinese restaurant and expecting Italian.

New developer. New start. More time.
Also Black ops didn't have a central villain. The Villain of that game was your mind, and to date IMHO it still is the best Cod SP. I mean ignoring Nikita Dragovich but honestly who remembers that guy? I sure as hell don't, I only remember Mason.

I just hope we get to see this one. It seems like in the Infinity Ward titles the Villain only appears for like 5 minutes to monologue and that's it.

Caffeine

the cycle continues just as i was saying the older games were better now im hyped for a trailer son of a bitch.

maneil99

Also Black ops didn't have a central villain. The Villain of that game was your mind, and to date IMHO it still is the best Cod SP. I mean ignoring Nikita Dragovich but honestly who remembers that guy? I sure as hell don't, I only remember Mason.

I just hope we get to see this one. It seems like in the Infinity Ward titles the Villain only appears for like 5 minutes to monologue and that's it.

I said black ops 2... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQv90T800kw
You ( Your dad ) and Woods kill his sister and destroy his town and people so he seeks revenge on the country and sons of the men who killed his family.

JayEH

He said Black Ops 2 which did have a good main villain.

BPoole

Activision merely figured out what Hollywood figured out a while ago: People go nuts for casting speculation.
Yeah, I'm not big on celebrities. Spacey is an excellent actor and I think he does a phenomenal job in House of Cards, but him being featured in something as stale as CoD does nothing to make me any more interested since I know it will basically be the same game as it has been the past 7 years

The idea that COD has been getting worse is false. Ghosts was terrible but BO2 was better than MW3.

It's okay to get hype. I think after a bit I'll be back to wait and see.

But for now Kevin ishouldgetapsvita Spacey!

Vire

Kevin Spacey and a huge improvement in visual fidelity?

Cool, show me what you got Sledgehammer.

Rookwood

Banned
You know what, just thought about all the Sony product placement in House of cards. Kevin Spacey being in the game indication of Sony getting some sort of advantage on CoD this year?

Seriously? Sony is a huge corporation. I doubt this has anything to do with their business in television.

Madness

Please tell me some of you guys are joking or being sarcastic with your day one comments. It's a trailer of a guys eyes with Kevin Spacey in a voice over. That's a day one purchase for you guys? No wonder games like Dead Island get away with their advertising. And no wonder there is now three studios making call of duty games for Activision if this is what it takes to get you hyped or ready to purchase.

We don't even know what campaign, multi-player, or anything is like, but a voice over, and bam, standing in line at midnight?

We don't even know what campaign, multi-player, or anything is like, but a voice over, and bam, standing in line at midnight?

Some people like COD, some people Kevin Spacey

Its not like the game will be some completely unknown entity... we know to expect pretty much and COD is huge, i'd be surprised if it was the other way round

Please tell me some of you guys are joking or being sarcastic with your day one comments. It's a trailer of a guys eyes with Kevin Spacey in a voice over. That's a day one purchase for you guys? No wonder games like Dead Island get away with their advertising. And no wonder there is now three studios making call of duty games for Activision if this is what it takes to get you hyped or ready to purchase.

I was joking on pre ordering. But Kevin Spacey alone is enough for me to play the game. Maybe not for 60 bucks but I'm playing it.

Hurley

giphy.gif

Madness

They can be "lead" platform all they want, but if the PS4 version is rendering twice as many pixels again it's kind of hard to argue that's not the better option.

Except when MS pulls the timed exclusive DLC option. Now that Sony signed a deal with Activision for exclusive content in Destiny from Bungie, I bet MS will increase pressure on Activision to make their CoD deal even sweeter.

RoKKeR

It's so weird that I'm getting kind of hyped for Call of Duty again. I feel something....A presence I haven't felt since....

...2007. Totally agreed, very interested to see what they have in store for us this year.

I'm more interested in this than Battlefield Police or whatever they are going to churn out of my once-favorite franchise.

realcool

I'm so excited at the prospect of playing multiplayer, and since Activision is all about that microtransaction life, I'll see an enemy with the Kevin Spacey character skin coming toward me and as I'm shooting the shit out of him while getting countless hitmarkers he'll successfully commando lunge me from 4 feet away and scream this at the same time.

Top Bottom