• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to deliver a statement on healthcare at 3:15 p.m. ET.

n1opmpV.png

https://twitter.com/OhNoSheTwitnt/status/889580287671377924
:O

It's tough to come grips with the reality that the GOP will fail to come up with a plan that covers ≥ 91% at less than 17.8% of GDP. Pres. Obama is explicitly telling Republicans he would gladly support their efforts toward a different vision and approach than the one he took. However, the GOP is struggling to repudiate a collection of conservative policies and dogma about markets that Obama leveraged to pass the ACA.

You would think the GOP would want to see if Obama is really telling the truth about supporting something demonstrably better than what he passed, but they don't seem interested in taking him up on his offer.

Spoilers: they don't actually want anything better because a genuine improvement of Obamacare requires moving left of what they feel comfortable with

Soroc

Did I hear him correctly? 17 years of Obamacare??

He also randomly said Sex in the middle of a sentence as well since he lost his train of thought trying to success. At least I'm 99% positive that happened since I started to zone out and can't follow him anymore...

Iolo

So what about that decision where key provisions of the Senate bill can't be passed via reconciliation? What is this vote, anyway?

No one knows. They are literally voting to open up debate on the original House bill and are then planning to add 123456789 amendments on the fly, one of which will be "repeal only". It's a shitshow.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Sec Price on Trump involvement w/ healthcare bill: "This is the greatest amount of involvement by any president that I have ever witnessed"

— Abby D. Phillip (@abbydphillip) July 24, 2017

On AF-1, Secy Price says he expects "positive outcome" tomorrow in Senate ObamaCare vote. Sanders/Scaramucci listen in. (Pool photo @W7VOA)

— Mark Knoller‏ (@markknoller) July 24, 2017
Can our press challenge these guys when they spew this obviously false bullshit fucking ever? Some kind of follow up? Anything.

Gotta love his contradictions.

President Donald Trump spoke Monday night at the 2017 Boy Scout Jamboree, where he bragged about his victory over Hillary Clinton in the 2016 campaign and bashed the media.
"Who the hell wants to talk about politics when I'm in front of the Boy Scouts?" Trump asked the crowd sarcastically at the beginning of his speech. But that's exactly what he did, reliving Election Night 2016, or as he called it, "that famous night on television."
"You remember that incredible night with the maps," Trump said, noting that the maps were "so red" that the pundits who had expected a Clinton victory were speechless.

"But then Wisconsin came in," he said of election night. "Many many years. Michigan came in. And we worked hard there. You know, my opponent didn't work hard there. She [Clinton] was told she was gonna win Michigan and I said, wait a minute the car industry is going to move to Mexico."

blackjaw

Can't wait to see this litmus test.

Either vote on a bill that you have no idea what's in it...aka vote with Trump...or say no and vote with the people

As someone who was in Scouts in Canada, that was an extremely shocking scene. Trump is the antithesis of what we were taught.
As someone who is an eagle scout here in the US, Trump and his ilk are also the antithesis of what I was taught. This shit makes me furious.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
"But then Wisconsin came in," he said of election night. "Many many years. Michigan came in. And we worked hard there. You know, my opponent didn't work hard there. She [Clinton] was told she was gonna win Michigan and I said, wait a minute the car industry is going to move to Mexico."

eJiPxcL.gif

Maybe this dick should actually sit down with the senators and discuss what's in the healthcare bill and how can we improve it instead of reliving the glory days at a rally in West Virginia. Oh who the fuck am I kidding he has no idea about anything healthcare related.

Azuran

Banned
Gotta love his contradictions.

President Donald Trump spoke Monday night at the 2017 Boy Scout Jamboree, where he bragged about his victory over Hillary Clinton in the 2016 campaign and bashed the media.
"Who the hell wants to talk about politics when I'm in front of the Boy Scouts?" Trump asked the crowd sarcastically at the beginning of his speech. But that's exactly what he did, reliving Election Night 2016, or as he called it, "that famous night on television."
"You remember that incredible night with the maps," Trump said, noting that the maps were "so red" that the pundits who had expected a Clinton victory were speechless.

lmao

this fucking guy

norm9

He talks about election night like how I talked about my weed card endlessly for a week when I first got it.

Dude is stumping at a Boy Scouts rally?

I guess this is what that segment of the population who believe representative politics is completely broken wanted?

I'm watching this now on youtube, my god. What's wrong with the womans eyebrows in the back? Also, how cringy is it when he turned around looking for confirmation of the BS he's spewing?

Top Bottom