• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to deliver a statement on healthcare at 3:15 p.m. ET.

Beartruck

Motion to proceed is pointless. Senate parliamentarian just came out and said half the shit in the bill violates the byrd rule, which means it needs either 1. 60 votes, or 2. watered down to point where its almost no change at all. Its dead jim.

Talking Points Memo said:
”Senator, what is up for a vote tomorrow? Could you update me?" Fox News' Neil Cavuto asked.

”I thought you were going to tell me," Paul replied. ”I thought I was coming on air for you to tell me."

Paul said Republican senators are completely in the dark about what measure they'll cast on-record votes for or against on Tuesday.

”We have no earthly idea what we will be voting on tomorrow other than that it'll be moving to the House bill, but everybody knows it's not really going to be the House bill," Paul said.
(source)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

studyguy

"Pack that motherfucker in a box with some Styrofoam peanuts, put a helmet on him and haul his ass across the country via UPS." - The Senate

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Could have sworn there were 3 women senators stating they would vote no, plus Rand Paul, plus MCCain.

That would kill it right now.
I thought that was why it wasn't voted on in the first place a week or two ago?

It doesn't sound like anything's changed about that. It's just that Trump went from "Forget it, let's just wait for Obamacare to die by itself" to "Fuck, I don't want to wait, so just vote anyway."

Oersted

I thought that was why it wasn't voted on in the first place a week or two ago?

It doesn't sound like anything's changed about that. It's just that Trump went from "Forget it, let's just wait for Obamacare to die by itself" to "Fuck, I don't want to wait, so just vote anyway."

Didn't he pull that like atleast 3 times at this point?

Plan C:

Repeal with a guarantee to replace within 2 years.

This way, it's guaranteed...eventually...maybe...

But in the meantime, I keep my promise to repeal the failing nightmare of Obamacare that's ruining the lives of zillions of humankinds.

"Plan C!?, repeal the ACA somehow!?"

Ohhhhh that's a great idea.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
17 years? What?

n1opmpV.png

https://twitter.com/OhNoSheTwitnt/status/889580287671377924

For the record, it takes 34 hours to drive to Phoenix from DC (if you drove straight through, not even counting the return trip).

So 68 hours later, McCain could make it! Of course Coryn would need to be there to vote for the Motion to proceed anyway on Tuesday, hindering his trip. Could you imagine if people were trying to stop him Mad Max style from getting there?

Ri'Orius

Motion to proceed is pointless. Senate parliamentarian just came out and said half the shit in the bill violates the byrd rule, which means it needs either 1. 60 votes, or 2. watered down to point where its almost no change at all. Its dead jim.

So what you're saying is that every Republican can make a symbolic "kill Obama[care]!" vote without any real consequence?

I mean, that sort of grandstanding got them this far...

Guevara

"Deals are my art form. Other people paint beautifully or write poetry. I like making deals, preferably big deals. That's how I get my kicks."

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I have an idea.

Let's create a bill called the Fuck Obama Bill. This will be a special bill, in that members of Congress will be able to vote on it once per session at the cost of voting on any other bill during that session. They will be able to vote on it more than once, and at the end of Trump's term a high score chart will be posted to see who Fucked Obama the hardest.

Trump, of course, will also be brought the bill to sign each time it passes.

I think this will create the government everyone involved wants.

Top Bottom