• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking over bandit camps - Far Cry
Grabbing plants n stuff off the ground for crafting - Far Cry
Following tracks on the floor to find people - Witcher 3
Using the focus to investigate an area - Witcher 3
Climbing around scenery via rock faces or zip lining - Tomb Raider and Uncharted
Using a bow and arrow to kill wildlife for resources - Tomb Raider
Climbing a tower to unlock the map (albeit a moving one) - Far Cry
Throwing rocks to distract people and enemies so you can use stealth on them - Far Cry

I see you are new to gaming. All this has been done generations ago in the same and or different ways.
Your own words sum it up: Climbing a tower to unlock the map (albeit a moving one) - Far Cry.
Are you saying a stealth game would be less original because stealth and stealth kills have already been done by MGS and Tenchu? Come on dude, most things have already been done before. It's the way they are being executed that matters. Most things that Horizon does, it does very well.
Do you believe that Gears of War invented the cover system?

25 hours in and I am still near Meridian. Just unlocked my second 'tower' and so far it still feels refreshing in every encounter or area I am in. Absolute marvel of a game. I am level 30 and I still got a Level 12 main quest.

danowat

Banned
25 hours in and I am still near Meridian. Just unlocked my second 'tower' and so far it still feels refreshing in every encounter or area I am in. Absolute marvel of a game. I am level 30 and I still got a Level 12 main quest.

I am about the same in terms of hours, into the game, but I haven't even found my second tower yet!!!

As for the quest level vs your level, I don't think that being over leveled for quests is an issue at all, as you don't actually get more powerful through leveling (you get more powerful through mods)

Playsage

Man, the gameplay loop addiction here is real.
Restarted the game at Very Hard for some machine hunting times as soon as I finished recovering Dark Souls 3

I am about the same in terms of hours, into the game, but I haven't even found my second tower yet!!!

As for the quest level vs your level, I don't think that being over leveled for quests is an issue at all, as you don't actually get more powerful through leveling (you get more powerful through mods)

Ah, I see. That helps. Judging by the amount I still have to do I am probably going to put another 25 hours into it.

Reading the thread I shouldn't put tear mods into the ropecaster? Why not? Is handling the better option?

Just finished up the game. Took 57 hours to get the Platinum trophy.

What an amazing journey it was. This game really is the complete package in every regard: gameplay, story, graphics, music, dialogue and lore. Loved it.

This is pretty much where I'm at. I don't know if I've ever been so ready and willing to jump back in. If there was story DLC today for $20, I'd drop everything else to play it.

I just thought it was absolutely fantastic across the board. Small nitpicks (that could mostly be patched whenever they get around to it) aside, broadly speaking, all areas of the game are quite good.

But if you're not wearing the shadow stalwart heavy, idk what you're even doing

=)

I fought and killed my first Stormbird last night, but there were two Chargers running around trying to make my life more miserable so I corrupted them so they'd fight each other (and the Stormbird). Then one of the little bastards got the finishing blow on the bird so it doesn't count it as a kill in my stats. Stupid robot ram!

On the other hand, that was one of the most fun fights yet and I got some great photos. I love this game.

Pancho

Qurupancho
So the patch notes say something about fixes in human and machine AIs...I wonder if humans became a little less stupid.

Additions
Added the ability to press and hold [X] to buy multiple items from merchants.
Added an option to invert the X-axis from the controls tab on the settings menu.

Adjustments
Made several minor adjustments to the item economy (drop rate, distribution, cost etc.).
Made several adjustments to humanoid and machine AI.
Made minor adjustments to 2.1 stereo mix on menu sounds.
Megaton.

Additions
Added the ability to press and hold [X] to buy multiple items from merchants.
Added an option to invert the X-axis from the controls tab on the settings menu.

Adjustments
Made several minor adjustments to the item economy (drop rate, distribution, cost etc.).
Made several adjustments to humanoid and machine AI.
Made minor adjustments to 2.1 stereo mix on menu sounds.

Megaton.

Almost worth starting another playthrough for =)

Elandyll

Banned
Am still waiting to trigger the last mission, as I do not want the game to end :(

Going around, finding quests and outposts I never visited. Tonight I will probably check Hunting grounds to try and do them all, as well as collect all Metal Flowers.
Maybe the Corrupted zones and checking out what I'm missing for the plat too, now that I think about it...

Almost worth starting another playthrough for =)

Almost wish I could erase the game from my mind and start it again haha

I have Andromeda as a priority now, I expect to buy a 4K tv really soon so I'm saving a full replay for when that happens... but I can't stop thinking about this game. -_-

Kinyou

Is there a way to remove that bottom vignette effect when talking to people? It might make sense if you had subtitles on, but this way it just covers up details for no good reason.

With vignette

bZfhJLy.png

without vignette in photo mode

bunkitz

I finally beat the game last night and I have a few questions....

So why is Aloy a clone of Elizabet? I never caught that part of the story. Also did anybody else find the ending a little...underwhelming? The final boss was kind of a push over. Wheres the giant mech from the pre-release trailer? I kept waiting for that guy to lumber out of the wilderness

Pancho

Qurupancho
I finally beat the game last night and I have a few questions....

So why is Aloy a clone of Elizabet? I never caught that part of the story. Also did anybody else find the ending a little...underwhelming? The final boss was kind of a push over. Wheres the giant mech from the pre-release trailer? I kept waiting for that guy to lumber out of the wilderness

Huh? Did you
miss the entire cutscene where GAIA explains all of that?

Radec

Anyone else experiencing Stormbird just flying on 1 stop even when enraged?

When I destroy its chest it just suddenly fly in 1 spot without attacking. Tried it just now on 3 Stormbirds.

Basically you can shoot it to death and it won't budge.
If you go close like 10ft from its location it will attack again.

Anyone else experiencing Stormbird just flying on 1 stop even when enraged?

When I destroy its chest it just suddenly fly in 1 spot without attacking. Tried it just now on 3 Stormbirds.

Basically you can shoot it to death and it won't budge.
If you go close like 10ft from its location it will attack again.

Happened to me a couple of times, it's like you blow out some parts that she's trying to access and doesn't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom