• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Zasa

Don't think I've ever regretted something more in my life than watching the Espanyol vs Atléti game instead of Fiorentina vs Inter. For fucks sake.

Syder

Fiorentina 5 - 4 Inter
RQmy3RG.gif

Huge result for Benfica tonight. Lindelof embodied Ibrahimovic and the rest is history. Swedish folks really like to leave a mark here :)

Inter is a disaster, holy shit. Also sad for Spurs but Chelsea's bench is way superior.

Syder

I really miss Alan Hansen sometimes.

Pundits trying to explain Hull's rejuvenated performances under Marco Silva as 'having belief' and 'fight'...

Nothing to do with Silva's superior tactics and training then, guys?

I really miss Alan Hansen sometimes.

Pundits trying to explain Hull's rejuvenated performances under Marco Silva as 'having belief' and 'fight'...

Nothing to do with Silva's superior tactics and training then, guys?
Thoughts on Marco? Here in Portugal we really like him, great job at Estoril, Sporting and Olympiakos. The only thing I remember and that got a lot of coverage here was when some british sports commentators mocked him when he was announced.

Syder

Thoughts on Marco? Here in Portugal we really like him, great job at Estoril, Sporting and Olympiakos. The only thing I remember and that got a lot of coverage here was when some british sports commentators mocked him when he was announced.
Those 'pundits' mocking him on Soccer Saturday are part of a Sky boys club that don't really know much about the game they used to play, there's a reason none of them went into management. As for Silva, he's done a fantastic job setting up Hull to get as many points as possible when playing at home; there appears to be a mental block with these players when playing away but I give them a very good chance of staying up because Swansea are a real Jekyll & Hyde team. Beyond this season, the sky's the limit for Silva, I could see a few upper-midtable clubs looking to picking him up... Watford maybe? West Ham?

Those 'pundits' mocking him on Soccer Saturday are part of a Sky boys club that don't really know much about the game they used to play, there's a reason none of them went into management. As for Silva, he's done a fantastic job setting up Hull to get as many points as possible when playing at home; there appears to be a mental block with these players when playing away but I give them a very good chance of staying up because Swansea are a real Jekyll & Hyde team. Beyond this season, the sky's the limit for Silva, I could see a few upper-midtable clubs looking to picking him up... Watford maybe? West Ham?
West Ham would be great, they have the players that fit more Silva's style. For now I hope Hull stays in the Premier League.

casiopao

Atlanta vs Bologna 3-2. Man, Caldara is showing inner Ramos lol.^^ Hope he will grow more in Atlanta so when he join Juventus, he will be matured enough to take over BBC position.^^

Viola vs Inter is one hella of a game lol. Bernadeschi is not looking so fit there. It seems that injury effect is still there huh.

Also huge question to most here. Whats with the obsession of young players guys? Maybe it is just me, but i never really like my club like Juventus to put too much into young player there. I would love more if the club focuses more on more finished product rather young player which had fragile mentality and more unfocused but thats just me here.

Smaller club i can see them gambling on young players there as they don't have the fund to get matured player but i surely don't think Juventus should put too much thing into young players if they can get more complete players.

casiopao

Napoli had a nice game with Sassuolo 2-2 there. What a really nice fast paced game.

Sadly, Napoli is going to need to forget that second position there as they loses point again this week.

casiopao

And Milan is losing 2 - 1 against Empoli, God Serie A is so boring this year

The fact that u give a crap about the twin Milan is the funny thing lol.^^ THe only team worth checking now is only Napoli and Roma lol.(Roma is tomorrow vs Pescara with Zemanlandia lol.^^)

Go check Lazio 5-0 score lol.^^

Sciel

Lol, Pogba subbed off (holding his hamstring?). Hopefully its just cramps.

Else, its all on Mourinho for not subbing him off earlier (he played 120 mins on Thursday).

yagal

The fact that u give a crap about the twin Milan is the funny thing lol.^^ THe only team worth checking now is only Napoli and Roma lol.(Roma is tomorrow vs Pescara with Zemanlandia lol.^^)

Go check Lazio 5-0 score lol.^^

Hahaha I'm stuck in the past
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndI9vkgw_1Y

Kaka, Seedorf , Sheva, Gattuso, Nesta, Maldini cazzo ...

But even in general la Serie A sucks, we know who is going down since november, Juve is OP, Milan teams are crap, all the Juve killer turn out to be fraud and the empty ugly stadium

Sciel

Bailly injured as well so it looks.
Yeah, while Bailly was immense, I still don't know why Jose was so adverse to taking players off today.

Either one of Bailly or Pogba (or Herrera who was also limping) injured and Utd's season is basically over IMO.

casiopao

Hahaha I'm stuck in the past
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndI9vkgw_1Y

Kaka, Seedorf , Sheva, Gattuso, Nesta, Maldini cazzo ...

But even in general la Serie A sucks, we know who is going down since november, Juve is OP, Milan teams are crap, all the Juve killer turn out to be fraud and the empty ugly stadium

Actually, i would said except for Juventus which indeed is really OP this year.(Last year they was doing very badly early and even that, other teams failed to capitalize there.Which is their won fault.)

All other team is pretty even with some smaller team did really well on the table there.

Juve on the top
followed by Roma and Napoli which is more or less on the same level.
And then the fourth spot is really close in for steal there.

4. Lazio 64 point
5. Atlanta 63 point
6. Milan 58 point
7. Inter 56 point

Here hoping that Lazio is going to be able to hold that position really well there.^^

For Milan, you probably can hope for next season i guess. Both Milan already got tons of money from the Chinese consortium so you probably could see those two coming to chase Roma and Napoli there.^^(Except if Inter screw up bigly again lol.^^)

OoT news though.
http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/brother-in-law-of-bayern-munich-star-murdered-in-chile-47123

RIP.T_T

yagal

Top Bottom