• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Good for Lincoln City, after their amazing run in the FA Cup they definitely deserved this. It's silly but I look forward to playing as them in FIFA next year.

That being said, I fucking hate it when teams time-waste for as long as Lincoln did today.

spidye

No costa, no coman, no kimmich ane no sanches in a game where it doesn't really matter and with the dame players who played 120 min on tuesday

I really can't do this anymore

Jack cw

seeing ancelotti suffering and moaning feels satisfying
I am more suprised how bad Vidal and Thiago are working in defence. 10 yards space between them and the defence. Bojan does what Isco and Casemiro did with that space. Terrible, terrible defending. 8 goals conceded in the last 3 matches. Last time that happened was when Lell and Oddo were defenders.

spidye

I am more suprised how bad Vidal and Thiago are working in defence. 10 yards space between them and the defence. Bojan does what Isco and Casemiro did with that space. Terrible, terrible defending. 8 goals conceded in the last 3 matches. Last time that happened was when Lell and Oddo were defenders.

exactly.
very strange 'tactics' and defending.

we had 3 maybe 4 good games this year. unfortunately with someone like 'yes-man' rummenigge nothing will change
where's hoeneß' criticism when we need it :(

El Topo

Kind of wish we brought in Kahn and Lahm, former players with experience and capital at Bayern. Honestly, as weird as it is, we are missing someone like Sammer. Someone who keeps things at imbalance.
I'm pissed they scared Lahm away.

Jack cw

Kind of wish we brought in Kahn and Lahm, former players with experience and capital at Bayern. Honestly, as weird as it is, we are missing someone like Sammer. Someone who keeps things at imbalance.

No! Sammer and his strange rhetoric in- and outside the club plus his tremendous scouting of Kirchhoff, Rode and Kurt really disqualified him. Yes, we might need someone who sees things more rational but our problems are somewhere else. It begins at the youth and ends with no equal players available for our retiring players and the non existing system that we are currently playing.

El Topo

No! Sammer and his strange rhetoric in- and outside the club plus his tremendous scouting of Kirchhoff, Rode and Kurt really disqualified him. Yes, we might need someone who sees things more rational but our problems are somewhere else. It begins at the youth and ends with no equal players available for our retiring players and the non existing system that we are currently playing.

I just like Sammer. :D

Gambit

What do you mean "as weird as it is"? Sammer was fantastic for us.

But I agree with you, really wish we had secured Lahm or so. I am tired of the Uli-Kalle duopoly

Edit: I grant Jack CW Rode and Kirchhoff. Not all his German transfers were winners

Jack cw

ancelotti's accomplishments in the last 7 games
win
loss
win
loss
draw
loss
draw

Reads like Gaal 2011...
Anyway, I just hope Nagelsmann and/or Hasenhüttl convince next season in CL and one of them might make it to us. Right now I wish Klopp in 2 years, because he knows how to built a team.

DBT85

We can only hope Chelsea stop being so strong next season, they've been pretty incredible.

They are going to have to play at minimum 7 extra games (Community + UCL). Everyone knows how much easier teams have it when they don't have any European football to play. Look at Pool this season and a few years ago and Chelsea this year.

Having mostly 6-7 days between matches allowing you to rest and train properly is a huge benefit. They've clearly still got a very strong team so I'd still expect them to be fighting for everything, but at least they'll have an extra distraction. The question will be how good the squad is. When Mou won it a bunch of players played like 4000+ minutes as he didn't rotate much, not sure how its shaped up this year.

They also went out of the League Cup in October, so way earlier than they would normally be expected to.

Syder

Spurs have looked unbeatable recently and despite playing better than they normally do at Wembley Chelsea still countered them perfectly.

Bravo, Conte. 👏🏻

tim.mbp

Bernardeschi with one of the worst Panenka attempts.

Edit: lol subbed out. Fans whistling.

C-CuTY1UAAA0ppZ.jpg

Top Bottom