• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Joni

I'd kinda like Anderlecht to win, but they should use up a lot of energy so they lose in their home match on Sunday.
And this ManU should be punished for their missed goals. Rashford and Zlatan managed to screw up 3-4 certain goals each.

DBT85

Not getting through this round as a result of poor finishing is just about spot on for our season.

ewww just saw Ibras landing replay, his leg didn't bend when he landed. I've done that.

JJDubz

Oh no. Something had to have snapped. :(

Or maybe just a simple hyperextension. Usually look way worse than they end up being.

The problematic thing is that if you pick up an injury at this part of the season, you're almost 100% out for the rest of it.

Edit: Looked worse than I thought...

We need to sign a striker that's a born killer in the box. Too many chances wasted...

chicarito-1.png

Inversive

Not getting through this round as a result of poor finishing is just about spot on for our season.

ewww just saw Ibras landing replay, his leg didn't bend when he landed. I've done that.

Half of the chances were harder to hit off target lmao, this set of players is.. special.

DBT85

https://streamable.com/ua6k8

Looks like a career ender to me. If it's the ACL I'd be surprised if he ever got back.

If it is the ACL he'll just retire. If it's just a hyper extension and lightly damaged then he'll probably come back. When I did that it was sore as fuck but it wasn't anything more serious fortunately. Even now it feels like that knee bends back further than the other one now.

GET THE FUCK IN RASHFORD!!!!!!
So calm in the box.

TimmmV

Extra time and still going through would be a pretty good outcome

Need united to be as knackered as possible for league games

DBT85

Lineker proving he knows fuck all. Lineker saying Rashford is better then Mbappe...

He's English. You get a 3x multiplier for being English.

Glad that's finally over. Could easily have had bloody 6.

Hopefully Ibras injury isn't serious.

TimmmV

Extra time should just be scrapped in 2 legged games really.

One side gets the extra 30 mins of possible away goal time, the other gets an extra 30 mins of home advantage, neither are really comparable to the other, and imo 180 mins of football should have been enough time to decide a winner with anyway. If its still a draw after 180 mins then just do penalties.

Have always thought that extra time is just a test of fitness more than football ability too. It makes for good entertainment, but its really not fair

Jarnet87

The future may not be Rashford but it's definitely getting quick forwards who can link up play and not slow everything down to a fucking crawl. All this talent and yet when Zlatan and Fellaini are on the pitch we resort to just lumping the ball in like were a Sam Allardyce side. As good and important as Zlatan has been at times it's best if we move on from him.

Top Bottom