• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K18 |OT| 1,000 VC needed to enter thread.

KaYotiX

Banned
In any other game I might pay the $5-10 and save three or four hours of my time but nah, 2K aren't getting another goddamn penny from me and I only paid £23 for my copy. If I paid full price I'd be furious.

Thx for suggesting this POS game.....
(still having fun on the court)

ViciousDS

Banned
with changes to the VC haircut prices.....I think more people will bitch and changes will be made. I think I'm going to just hit up and tinker with MyLegue for the time being, at least that mode is always good and not messed with.

They took a mile and went back to an inch with haircuts. Now people are happy about them costing only 100 when it used to be nothing.

Crazyorloco

They took a mile and went back to an inch with haircuts. Now people are happy about them costing only 100 when it used to be nothing.

Lol now I don't have to play two NBA games to get a haircut. I can't believe they didn't think about how the users would feel paying that much. No player insight or forethought.

Also, I'm seeing reports that the update for the Xbox/Ps4 did not remove the myplayer/mycareer glitch. Hopefully they release some patch notes someday. I wonder what the Switch update was...it might be the was the same as the Xbox/Ps4 update over the weekend since the approval process for Nintendo updates take a little longer.

Those that have the update for the Switch, can you check to see if the sleep connection error remains?

Michaelsens

Neo Member
Oh I'm going to be so pissed off if my gold badges are wasted on some free throw nonsense.

I can confirm that at least the Free Throw Ace badge goes up to gold. It also makes sense, they took the Hands, Reaction Time and Free Trow attributes from last year and turned them into badges that everyone can upgrade.

cHinzo

Oh I'm going to be so pissed off if my gold badges are wasted on some free throw nonsense.

That's why I went for the build with 10 gold badges. :D

They should change Tireless Scorer though. Shit is impossible to get when u play normally and even when u do grind it, it's still impossible lol. I'm so close to getting the bronze Posterizer. Hope it's gonna make a big difference in the quantity of dunks.

Quick question - are the max contracts back in NBA myplayer? Where there are actual dollar signs? Or is it just virtual coins again?

I miss NBA 2K11...

Okay so what's the idea of farming vc in myleague, searched the past few pages but only can find people doing it, not explaining what to do. Not willing to spend extra on a game I spent £44 for.

I've been grinding vc by leaving it on simcast live X6 speed and checking on it every so often, but I'm only getting maybe 1-1.5k an hour so I'm not sure it's the most efficient way.

If anyone could explain it to me I would be more than grateful.

StereoVsn

Okay so what's the idea of farming vc in myleague, searched the past few pages but only can find people doing it, not explaining what to do. Not willing to spend extra on a game I spent £44 for.

I've been grinding vc by leaving it on simcast live X6 speed and checking on it every so often, but I'm only getting maybe 1-1.5k an hour so I'm not sure it's the most efficient way.

If anyone could explain it to me I would be more than grateful.

There are detailed explanations on previous pages but the gist is that you keep playing game 1 of MyLeague for 800-900 BC and wipe the save (or start new league) to reset and get same amount again.

On the same topic, man, I just don't have the patience. Grinded for couple hours to get 40-45K VC and that was it. Threw in $20 to get MyPlayer up further. It just wasn't worth my time as that is limited. Freaking 2K still won because I am loving the shit out of gameplay this year.

I'm enjoying the game so far, but I'm having trouble getting VC (obviously) is there a way to grind out a lot outside of just playing games? I can't find anything else that really gives VC.

You can provide 2k real money in exchange for vc.

Lmao, yeah I heard of that method. I didn't know if there were any modes that offered quick VC. So far I've only gotten it from playing the NBA games in my career. Do the other game modes offer more? Like the Pro-AM or w/e the other one is called? Or is just from the career games?

jmizzal

Online is so much more fun playing with classic teams, and all time teams.

It got boring in the past playing Cavs and Warriors 90% of the time

So glad 2K did allowed this finally

Toronto with Vince and T-Mac sooo good

theWB27

Playing franchise games and the injury frequency is so bad I'm going to need to shut it off. There isn't one game without an injury and they're mostly sprained ankles off of jump shots. I now have my created player, Ingram, Ball and Randle lost to ankle injuries. Not to mention the other team's losses. 3 players in this current game alone...my player, ball and Durant.

Just wild.

Crazyorloco

I play my mycareer offline (Don't want to deal with those cutscenes).

Is there a way to get quick VC for it? The VC trick in this thread seems to only work for using VC in online modes. I'm grinding away in offline mode. At this pace i'll have a level 72 character by 2k19.

ViciousDS

Banned
I play my mycareer offline (Don't want to deal with those cutscenes).

Is there a way to get quick VC for it? The VC trick in this thread seems to only work for using VC in online modes. I'm grinding away in offline mode. At this pace i'll have a level 72 character by 2k19.

sadly no, XP is not shared afair between the modes......maybe if you had a PC and cheat engine

I can confirm that at least the Free Throw Ace badge goes up to gold. It also makes sense, they took the Hands, Reaction Time and Free Trow attributes from last year and turned them into badges that everyone can upgrade.

Oh for fucks sake. I'm not going to play the game for anything but farming vc while I wait for people to document badge and attribute caps for various builds. This is taking the fucking piss. Everything about your career player is hidden and obfuscated to such a degree, nobody has any idea what they're getting when they make a player.

ViciousDS

Banned
Oh for fucks sake. I'm not going to play the game for anything but farming vc while I wait for people to document badge and attribute caps for various builds. This is taking the fucking piss. Everything about your career player is hidden and obfuscated to such a degree, nobody has any idea what they're getting when they make a player.

nope, those 10 badges mean at least 3 are garbage tier for park basically lol.......leaving you with 7 that.....well might not even be what you want. Hell everyone could be sharing a near worthless badge.

I remember my shot creating slasher having ankle breaker....and it capped at fucking bronze.....I was like....er.....WTF

Right now all anyone should basically be doing is enjoying MyLeague.....or using the VC trick for MyLeague......or playing NBA Live while we get full badge details.

nope, those 10 badges mean at least 3 are garbage tier for park basically lol.......leaving you with 7 that.....well might not even be what you want. Hell everyone could be sharing a near worthless badge.

I remember my shot creating slasher having ankle breaker....and it capped at fucking bronze.....I was like....er.....WTF

Right now all anyone should basically be doing is enjoying MyLeague.....or using the VC trick for MyLeague......or playing NBA Live while we get full badge details.

Exactly. If my pure lockdown SF has gold free throw ace... Who thought that was a good idea? Gonna anger grind my way to 500k VC before they patch it

cHinzo

Wut, how would anyone happy with a 60 free throw rating? They are free points. 🤔 I don't like how these stats are badges though this year.

Wut, how would anyone happy with a 60 free throw rating? They are free points. 🤔 I don't like how these stats are badges though this year.

If I'm a pure lockdown with a jumper that tops out at 40-50 then I'm never getting the ball enough to ever get free throws.

It's a literal waste of a badge.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Have we heard anything about switch update?

I got an update already while I was in the game earlier today. I got a notification that there is a game update and to go the main menu and I think it just downloaded and installed in the background because I got no prompt while I was in the main menu.

And it has reset my controller settings to default.

cHinzo

Ok, getting real tired of these 0 assists ballhog people in Pro-Am. Jesus.

Edit: this guy in my team has a 0% winrate in 6 games, averages 7 turnovers and 5 fouls a game. -_- Just dropped a 35/6/7 and still lost lool.

As always, gimme a shout if anyone wants to play some Park (or maybe even pro-am) on Xbone.

I'm on there with a friend atm but a third to make a full squad would be ideal.

cHinzo

Hmm, I heard they patched the MyLeague VC method today?

Edit: consoles only, not yet on PC. Just tested.

Edit2: nvm patch just came out on PC too, rip. Bunch of assholes at 2K. At least they got their priorities straight, right?

Deception

They patched out the MyLeague VC glitch in 2 days but I still don't have my player back after 6 days.... yup priorities are in check.

deadfolk

Do we know exactly what they patched yet? It makes no sense to just totally nerf the amount of VC you get per game by that amount. It would be literally impossible to advance without buying them, and they are already walking a very fine line. Some would say they've crossed it.

It would make more sense to change the criteria for earning. For example, you need to play > 50% of the game realtime or something like that.

I hate pro-am players online so much. Always rushing the paint and going for fastbreaks with skip passes. 25 seconds to work with every possession and yet they always trying to make a bucket in 6 gaddamn seconds. Move the ball around, open up the court and then find your opening to either pass or score, don't Just rush in People... I'm already getting bummed out with the online I think I might Just stick with offline seing how at least it actually looks like b-ball.

hyp

glad i got my dude to 85 before those greedy asses "patched" the game. damn shame really, i hope more people expose their anti-consumer tactics.

ctfg23

I got around 60K VC with the MyLeague method before they "fixed" it but I'm afraid to use it on my character until they fix the randomly deleting players.

Top Bottom