• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Game to be announced next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way I'd be okay with sprites is if they managed to somehow make it look like Rayman Origins. You know, actually looking handdrawn? That'd be beautiful, but in a way that would take a lot more effort than 3D models.

I really suggest those of you who are sceptical boot up Pokedex 3D. The models aren't textured fantastically, but the lines are smooth and they all look brilliant. Yes, Colosseum/XD's battles might have been slow paced, but keep in mind that all 3D Pokemons so far have not been primarily developed by Game Freak.

C/XD/Battle Revolution have all been developed by Genius Sorority. Even HAL Labratory lent a hand on Stadium. I'm sure Game Freak could do a much better job on their own. They want to go 3D guys; Black and White proves that. It's weird because they have a totally 3D city, but it just feels weird with 4 way movement and scaling sprites.

wrowa

If it's grey, I expect it to be a DS game. A 3DS game would make more sense, but I think Game Freak are too lazy to change plattfoms before the next remakes/ new main series. :lol

If it's grey, I expect it to be a DS game. A 3DS game would make more sense, but I think Game Freak are too lazy to change plattfoms before the next remakes/ new main series. :lol

Yeah if it's Gray it'll definitely be DS. But they'll make it absolutely awesome as a final send off to the DS, which has had more mainline Pokemon games than any other Nintendo handheld.

Some 3DS features wouldn't go amiss though, like a simple depth effect. Can they even do that?

I think for Gen 6 they should stop making new Pokemon and just "shuffle" the ones they have.

frostbyte

Yeah if it's Gray it'll definitely be DS. But they'll make it absolutely awesome as a final send off to the DS, which has had more mainline Pokemon games than any other Nintendo handheld.

Yes, the DS was so goddamn awesome in this respect and many others.

I still think Grey is going to be on 3DS

I think for Gen 6 they should stop making new Pokemon and just "shuffle" the ones they have.

But don't they have to create a new shitty season of Pokemon? They'll never stop creating new Pokemon.

Yes, the DS was so goddamn awesome in this respect and many others.

I still think Grey is going to be on 3DS

But don't they have to create a new shitty season of Pokemon? They'll never stop creating new Pokemon.

Yeah I also really hope it's on 3DS, a Nintendo handheld isn't a Nintendo handheld without a Pokemon game.

As long as they keep the quality of Chandelure, they can make as many new Pokemon as they want.

Cookychan

Banned
Hey guys, remember around the 3DS launch or so, there was rumors about B&W having advanced capabilities on 3DS, and it was a bunch o' bullshit?

What if Grey is a DS game, but when used on 3DS has a few perks and 3D?

Sprites + 3DS would be a wasted opportunity of epic proportions, imo. Just adding 3D to the same battle screen we are used to would add nothing. Might as well make 'Paper Pokemon'

Sprites + 3DS would be a wasted opportunity of epic proportions, imo. Just adding 3D to the same battle screen we are used to would add nothing. Might as well make 'Paper Pokemon'

Yeah it would look weirdly disjointed if you had the perspective introduced in Black and White + 3D Depth. I think it's 3D models time guys.

Hey guys, remember around the 3DS launch or so, there was rumors about B&W having advanced capabilities on 3DS, and it was a bunch o' bullshit?

What if Grey is a DS game, but when used on 3DS has a few perks and 3D?

ANNNNND the circle continues...
not a dig at you..

egdez9jheju.gif

Sorry I'm out of here... until later :p

I'm ready for a Pokemon 3DS. I'd say making a new one for the DS would be a waste, since what the 3DS needs to put the last nail on the coffin of the competition is indeed a dedicated Pokemon mainline

Maybe they're gonna using fruit names

Pokemon Bananas and there you have your Eurogamer reveal

Even if they announce a new main-line game, most people will be disappointed because:

1. Multiplatform, 3DS version looks like a DS emulator with filters.

2. Exclusive for DS, knvgjhfrddghifhjk.

3. Exclusive for 3DS, but still looking like a fucking GBA game and nowhere CLOSE to a true 3D Pokemon.

True tea.

OMG Aero

Even if they announce a new main-line game, most people will be disappointed because:

1. Multiplatform, 3DS version looks like a DS emulator with filters.

2. Exclusive for DS, knvgjhfrddghifhjk.

3. Exclusive for 3DS, but still looking like a fucking GBA game and nowhere CLOSE to a true 3D Pokemon.

True tea.

How could they make it exclusive for the DS? The 3DS is backwards compatible.
Unless you mean make it a DS game in which case 1 and 2 are essentially the same thing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
HG/SS officially moved the franchise away from looking like it was possible on the GBA and then Black and White leap frogged those two.

I'm not expecting to be wowed visually by the first mainline 3DS title but I'm thinking it won't look terrible.

How could they make it exclusive for the DS? The 3DS is backwards compatible.
Unless you mean make it a DS game in which case 1 and 2 are essentially the same thing.
I assume 1. is a cart that works in both consoles but has some upgrades on 3DS. Like those Game Boy/ Game Boy Color carts.

OMG Aero

Last time I watched Pokemon Smash for an announcement they didn't do it until the very end, so don't expect the news as soon as the show starts.

Cookychan

Banned
I'd be fine with this:
Top-down with layered 3D, like a 3D Classics title on the eShop.
When it comes to a battle, switch to 3D models like Pokedex 3D.

vall03

Ooh, meaning I'll be waking up to possibly a new Pokemon?
Sweet jeebus yes.

same here, the time difference in my country is only 1 hour and coincidentally, my body clock wakes up exactly at the time the show starts. Will sleep early, hopefully the announcement will be good.

Um.. guys...

"Today in Japan, Junichi Masuda revealed in the Pokémon Centre in Fukuoka that there is to be an upcoming Pikachu event. This event is to tie in with the new bullet train in Japan in Kyushu Shinkansen. This Pikachu, to go with the concept of the bullet train, is to know the special move; Extremespeed. Full details on this event are due to come on Monday"

From Serebii. ¬¬

weeaboo

Um.. guys...

"Today in Japan, Junichi Masuda revealed in the Pokémon Centre in Fukuoka that there is to be an upcoming Pikachu event. This event is to tie in with the new bullet train in Japan in Kyushu Shinkansen. This Pikachu, to go with the concept of the bullet train, is to know the special move; Extremespeed. Full details on this event are due to come on Monday"

From Serebii. ¬¬

AHAHHAHAHAHAA

Wiseblade

:/

An Extremespeed Pikachu we're unlikely to ever see? OK then. ¬.¬

As a member of Team 3DS I should be ecstatic about this news, but I really want Grey...

I half want this to be the big reveal just to see the resulting meltdown.

But I also half want it to be pokemon grey 3DS so I can get hyped.

It's a win-win situation for me.

Haha... not funny. If this important announcement is an "extreeeeeeeeeeeeeme speed Pikachu" then it's the biggest Troll ever done in the entire world.

Well, if he really said the following:

"Well, there's no reason to expect me to know that [about a third version] [crowd laughs] but I can't answer. But...but... I wonder if it's alright to say this....watch Pokemon Smash...if you want details"

then it isn't unreasonable to expect a new Pokémon announcement soon. Maybe not this week (and his Twitter just happened to announce something unrelated), but still, it could happen this week, or any time, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom