• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Ketch

finally won a HL game, an abathur game no less. See what i've learned is when you pick strong meta heroes you lose, and when you pick shit just for fun you win.

Kioshen

You could run a sweatshop in WoW for tokens and subsidize that way. I'm honestly glad the real money auction was removed from D3.

Maledict

I don't play tanks at all, but Varian is so ridiculous right now in QM. Practically unkillable, and sizeable damage. It's so amusing burning down mages who don't realise what he does to them.

Kioshen

I'm working hard during the day breh (or hardly working depends on your perspective ... still waiting on progress bars). I did some games during late lunch hours but you had to stop because your power was low iirc.

Alur

I don't play tanks at all, but Varian is so ridiculous right now in QM. Practically unkillable, and sizeable damage. It's so amusing burning down mages who don't realise what he does to them.

The W build Bakery recommended on THH does pretty good damage while making him basically the Juggernaut. Their base idea for him was great but in practice...maybe a little hard to implement and keep viable.

Maledict

Yep, that's what I'm playing. 6 or so seconds of invulnerability when chained together, plus taunt and surprisingly high damage from his heroic strikes. It's nuts.

The mistake they made was not taking out the stun talent from the start. Instead they buffed the parry talents to try and make that build viable, to the point where even with them gone he feels OP because his parry just does so much now.

Alur

I'm afraid they'll give him the Rehgar treatment and then he's just kind of dropped because he isn't anywhere near what he used to be. Maybe that needs to happen, though.

Milly, apparently Fan isn't a fan of Q build Kael'thas according to reddit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSNSiVgc9zs

I don't know enough about it to comment other than to say that when other players in our group play that build they often die a time or two completing the quest.

Milly79

It gets the best of me too at times overcommitting, but I typically do it with 0-1 deaths. I don't think it's the go-to, especially if they have the dive. It's kind of weird because they make the Q talentable to be a melee punisher, but his W does too. He's still a damn good mage.

Ketch

Oops my bad I read alurs post like fan WAS recommending it.

I think it's probably go to for lower skilled games if you can play well.

Kioshen

Milly can talk when he's in a top 3 NA HGC team xD. He's just not a fan of the level 1 talent that forces you not to die. He prefers the globe talent that net you a short cooldown shield instead plus you get a much bigger mana pool. I tried his talent build and I liked it a lot. I was never hearthing back and could spam abilities with abandon.

Kioshen

I agree but it doesn't stop at that. He explains it better in his video honestly but the pure damage trade off vs gaining in utility, survivability and lane staying power is worth it.

brian!

Convection rules your early game a lot harder than mana addict, mana addict has more synergy w/ his kit too. I forget what the other talent is, but if it's d for spellpower that one is good too. Worst thing about convection is that it discourages you from using it on minion waves. It's a fun talent tho, id probably pick it if i felt like playing kael

They nerfed mana addict right? When they reowrked it with the globes it was must-take

Altairre

So when I said that I like wormhole on Zera better than seeker for the moment I was apparently completely wrong. Went back to trying seeker again after Familienoberhauptvogel insisted it's the stronger option most of the time and it totally is. I guess it's partially the practice paying off and partially that I set vorpal blade to one of my side mouse buttons which makes it a lot easier to use. Just had my best Zera game so far, went 12 16 0 and got my first MVP on him. FeelsGoodMan.
Guess I'm a Hanzo main now.

Altairre

We just couldn't kill them. Had double support with Lucio/Lili, me (Zera) and Zeebro, they had Valeera, Jaina and Bwing with blink heal. Maybe if we had managed to stall to 20 for Zeebro but it was Tomb so that's always difficult.

scoobs

Why do the biggest try harders all play Gul'Dan? I never see a Gul'Dan that isn't killing the entire team by himself

Xeilyn

Is there ever any reason for Greymane to go with worgen build? It just feels like there is zero point for these talents to exist, i guess this is the case with alot of talents for several heroes but still

Is there ever any reason for Greymane to go with worgen build? It just feels like there is zero point for these talents to exist, i guess this is the case with alot of talents for several heroes but still
What's written build? Wolfheart at 1 is a great talent, not sure that's the name but it's the one were Autos refresh the W CD.

Makes Greymane shred through buildings and you can still go cocktail talents on 4 and 7.

Xeilyn

Im talking about the worgen focused talents. Viceral attacks, unfettered assault, alpha killer and tooth and claw.

Im talking about the worgen focused talents. Viceral attacks, unfettered assault, alpha killer and tooth and claw.
Unfettered Assault and Alpha Killer are both good situational talents. Unfettered Assualt makes Q an insane tool for Chase and disengage.

Wizened duelist is great against Vikings and murky and if you have a protect Greymane comp.
Worgen build requires a style of Greymane that's not played much currently instead of the whole teamfight revolving around Greymane he's just played as a regular assassin.
Um, Misfits have team changed, and are now back as Team Liquid?
That's both nice and sad. Misfits and mYi were both great sponsors but Liquid also supported their team for much longer than they should have.

Xeilyn

Oh i didnt even think about getting a stack of wizened duelist for each viking, thats pretty cool. Maybe i should just experiment more and not be such a meta slave.

Been having alot of fun with the game

brian!

Yeah worgen build is usually for when you think you can stack wizened, i like tge talent at 13 the most though

woops i mean the e talent at 13

Alur

The only thing you're more likely to see on reddit than NA lulz and complaints about hero league? The weekly/bi-weekly HOTSlogs ads threads. I've read so many say they've quit visiting/uploading/etc it's amazing there is any data left to see.

Kioshen

This is what I imagine watching Kioshen playing KT looks like:

https://gfycat.com/ShowyOrderlyDromaeosaur

dirty ass editing

First stop having dirty thoughts about me. Second, I'm not so bad to be all alone late game vs tracer/valeera as KT when my team is trying to def core with storm talent down. Yesterday I wouldn't have dared played KT since I wasn't in top shape apparently. Made plenty of misplays that were out of the ordinary.

Milly79

Yea! Agreed. And once you start like learning how to aim and try to get better it's like golf with explosions

You know who your are

Kioshen

Playing the bloodlust brawl as Illidan versus clueless people is pretty fun. Having two butchers wailing on me plus a rehgar but I'm bloodlusted and wondering why I'm not dieing but they quickly going down is hilarious. I did 46k damage in a 11 minute game hehe. Didn't even die for once you would have been proud Milly.

Milly79

Playing the bloodlust brawl as Illidan versus clueless people is pretty fun. Having two butchers wailing on me plus a rehgar but I'm bloodlusted and wondering why I'm not dieing but they quickly going down is hilarious. I did 46k damage in a 11 minute game hehe. Didn't even die for once you would have been proud Milly.

I don't believe this. I'm going to need to see receipts.

patchday

not dying as illidan is pretty good. Wish i took better advantage of bloodlust during the brawl

scoobs

Illidan completely dominates bloodlust brawl, too fun. Unfortunately my second one I had an Illidan who "just gonna do camps, that's what Illidan is best at you idiots"

Top Bottom