• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6 no longer Ps3 exclusive, coming to 360 Fall 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bad, but I don't know how much I care for Tekken these days.

Tekken 2 was the first game I got with my PS1, and I played it relgiously. But these days I'm more of a SF kind of guy. Still, I'll likely pick it up when it's cheap.

This news isn't going to go down well with some people...

Wow Namco, I mean...wtf. Playstation is one of the main reasons that Tekken survived ( correct me if I'm wrong, like Im sure you will)and then they're like "LOL BTW 360 Too".

/fanboy rant

I guess I can understand where they are coming from though, but if they started off claiming the game was PS3 exclusive and then they change mid production to throw 360 in the mix, it's kind of, lowdown i guess. My frustrations with this gen mount even more.

Darkman M said:
How long before we have our first meltdown?

I vote we just have a meltdown thread for anyone who wants to cry over games they were gonna play anyways. "Betrayaltons" are to be expected at events like these (and I expect plenty at TGS this year) and if people wanna make a big deal out of it, they should keep it to a single thread.

Canti

Good news for gamers :)

After all these games being pushed back looks like 2009 will be the year of fighters instead :D

Xav

If Microsoft can get Final Fantasy 13 then anything is possible, given the success of SoulCalibur IV on both systems I really doubt Tekken 6 will be an exclusive. No offence to Sony fans but seriously why would you make an exclusive game to a 3rd place system.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So from now on, only first party titles will be exclusive, those and the ones that Microsoft pays a lot of money to get it :lol (They surely have a lot of money)

If there are fucking Star Wars characters in this game and/or content exclusive to one console or the other... I'm fucking done with gaming. Tekken made me the gamer I am today all those years ago when T2 was being demoed at KB toys and Toys R us'., but if I'm screwed out of content because I don't want to buy the game twice (or because developers take free checks for exclusive content for the 360).... that's it, I'm hanging up the controller.

Fall 2009? I don't think losing exclusivity on that will really matter by then. If Sony doesn't care where their former exclusives wander off to, why should we? I bet you won't be seeing DOA4 or Ninja Gaiden 2 on the PS3 anytime soon. Oh well, what can you do? Just get the version of Tekken you want. Enjoy!

RBH

xKilltheMx said:
Wow Namco, I mean...wtf. Playstation is one of the main reasons that Tekken survived ( correct me if I'm wrong, like Im sure you will)and then they're like "LOL BTW 360 Too".

/fanboy rant

I guess I can understand where they are coming from though, but if they started off claiming the game was PS3 exclusive and then they change mid production to throw 360 in the mix, it's kind of, lowdown i guess. My frustrations with this gen mount even more.
:lol :lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12210594&postcount=125

EatCrow.jpg

Opiate

Rhazer said:
Fall 2009? I don't think losing exclusivity on that will really matter by then. If Sony doesn't care where their former exclusives wander off to, why should we? I bet you won't be seeing DOA4 or Ninja Gaiden 2 on the PS3 anytime soon. Oh well, what can you do? Just get the version of Tekken you want. Enjoy!

Don said:
Fall 2009? :(

This, right here, is a real fan.

This is the first post in the entire thread that laments the fact that this game won't be released for another year or more.

Two pages in. 50 posts.

xKilltheMx said:

/fanboy rant

Ya screw them for wanting to make money instead of putting console loyalty first.

Morph-0

there is nothing to surprising about this, in the 1 on 1 game fighting universe Tekken competes with VF. It needs to be multi-platform like VF is to stand a chance of competing & selling well, Namco can't just ignore that the 360 is doing well all around the world (except Japan of course) especially after the success of Soul Calibur 4 on both platforms.

Erebus

MoonsaultSlayer said:
If there are fucking Star Wars characters in this game and/or content exclusive to one console or the other... I'm fucking done with gaming. Tekken made me the gamer I am today all those years ago when T2 was being demoed at KB toys and Toys R us'., but if I'm screwed out of content because I don't want to buy the game twice (or because developers take free checks for exclusive content for the 360).... that's it, I'm hanging up the controller.

That's said because I heard they're gonna include Master Chief for the 360 version and Kratos for the PS3 one. :lol

MrDenny

I'm not sad at it being multiplatform, I'm sad it's being released fall 2009. Thats two freakin years since Tekken 6 was released in arcades fall 2007.

Opiate said:
This, right here, is a real fan.

This is the first post in the entire thread that laments the fact that this game won't be released for another year or more.

Two pages in. 50 pages.

Dunno, the date of Fall 2009 has been thrown around a lot in the Tekken main thread for a long time now. I'm not really surprised, though I am disappointed.

Dre

Fersis said:
So from now on, only first party titles will be exclusive, those and the ones that Microsoft pays a lot of money to get it :lol (They surely have a lot of money)

That's how this gen and next gen is gonna be.

Darkman M said:
How long before we have our first meltdown?

Namco just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame upon yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is that the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Tekken 6 for either system, nor will they purchase any of Namco's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want but Namco has alienated an entire market with this move.

Namco publicly apologize and cancel Tekken 6 for the 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

GeoramA said:
Sony will "approach" Namco for exclusive demo and dlc rights.

That's how you do exclusives this generation.

I highly doubt it. They haven't did anything remotely close to that for any other games that weer arguably more high profile. Microsoft on the other hand could potentially do it and receive an additional character from Namco or downloadable content.

xKilltheMx said:

/fanboy rant

Tekken and Playstation have always gone hand in hand. But that's not exactly a powerful incentive to pass up the obvious money to be made by making it a multi-platform release.

Playstation still gets it, but now Xbox owners can enjoy it too. The only people who "lose" anything are those that gain some visceral thrill from denying gaming experiences to others.

goldenpp72 said:
how is tekken 6 confirmed for 360?

I dunno, this guy who claims to be the director of the game said "It's coming to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360."

He's not to be trusted, apparently.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame upon yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is that the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Tekken 6 for either system, nor will they purchase any of Namco's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want but Namco has alienated an entire market with this move.

Namco publicly apologize and cancel Tekken 6 for the 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

If this is a joke post, it's a really awesome one. I assume it was pulled out of a FFXIII thread. :lol

UltimaPooh said:

I was waiting for this. :lol

Was the original real or fake btw? I know people who are like that so it's not hard to believe.

MoonsaultSlayer said:

If stupid shit like that is enough to make you quit gaming altogether you may as well just quit now and not look back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom