• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6 no longer Ps3 exclusive, coming to 360 Fall 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
2 Minutes Turkish said:
Good news for MS.

Bad news for Xbox 360 owners. Tekken is shit and I don't want that shit infecting ANY of my consoles, let alone my 360.

I only bought Tekken Tag on PS2 for Tekken Bowl.

So if Tekken 6 has an update to Tekken Bowl, I'll bite.
You shouldnt post that kind of thing on a Tekken thread.

Haunted

Betrayalton #14 this gen. And this latest one brings the number of betrayaltons favourable to Sony to...
zero.

cartoon_soldier said:
Edit: Oh And

1zcmskz.jpg
:lol Is that you, Tomonobu?

goldenpp72

Haunted said:
Betrayalton #14 this gen. And this latest one brings the number of betrayaltons favourable to Sony to...
zero.

that article was actually based on itagaki.

GeoramA

Haunted said:
zero.

Fuck meltdowns, these fanboy baiting posts are just as humorous.

NICE. I'll be getting this if true.

Haven't played a home version of tekken since 3. If this has online I'm going to have to bust out my Heihachi and lay down smack on some fools.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Mahadev said:
I don't think you'll see meltdowns in here. This was expected.

Of course it was. Most third party games unless published by the console manufacturers will probably go multiplat at some point. Really makes no sense to have 3 consoles if they're all getting the same games... well, maybe not the Wii. Jaffe was right.

h3ro

It's almost like some of the Sony fanboys are going to have to feign surprise and anger because the xbots demand it... :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Mahadev said:
I don't think you'll see meltdowns in here. This was expected.
Yeah, Tekken 6 never was a PS3 exclusive.

But im sure that some megaton will happen on TGS ,and probably is not gonna be good for the SONY folks.

goldenpp72

it cant be too shocking if it happens considering FF13, the only game that would shock that is possible is like.. mgs4 which seems to not be in the pipe.

Saw it coming, but nice to have it confirmed anyway. Fall '09 is ridiculous though
It will probably beat SFIV to shelves anyway.

Mahadev

h3ro said:
It's almost like some of the Sony fanboys are going to have to feign surprise and anger because the xbots demand it... :lol

Judging from some posts it looks like some hope for a meltdown to prove to themselves that this was a surprise or a megaton.

icecream said:
You going to explain AC6 and Katamari then?

The point is they already had it up and running on PS3-type hardware, so any development costs for a PS3 version should be far and few. The multiplatform choice is either greed on Namco's part, or money on someone else's.

AC6 and Katamari were comparitively early in the piece. You can bet your bottom dollar that any future entries into either series would be muliti-platform.

I don't understand why it is "greedy" for Namco to want to maximise the returns on this game? Aren't the vast majority of third party games multi-platform these days? Are all of these companies "greedy" for wanting to get the best possible returns on their development costs?

Haunted

goldenpp72 said:
that article was actually based on itagaki.
Makes it all the more hilarious. :p

Kev said:
It's bait. Don't take the bait.
Oh c'mon, it's all in good fun.

Everyone knows this is the gen of the multiplatform as far as the PS360 are concerned.

jaypah

h3ro said:
It's almost like some of the Sony fanboys are going to have to feign surprise and anger because the GAF demand it... :lol

you know full well that all of the people who love a good meltdown aren't xbots :lol hell, i lurk in sports threads looking for meltdowns and i barely watch sports (except for the Saints and shitty Gramatica).

Loudninja

Haunted said:
Makes it all the more hilarious. :p

Oh c'mon, it's all in good fun.

Everyone knows this is the gen of the multiplatform as far as the PS360 are concerned.
You having a little too much fun ;)

Haunted said:
zero.

You don't count Bioshock and Eternal Sonata as some sort of Betrayal?

Obviously not on the scale that we've seen the other way, but still SOMETHING.

LowParry

Good for gamers. Bad for the wallet. Looks like I will be (maybe) investing in that new Hori EX stick for 360.

For the record. I could care less about multiplat.

I just fear the worst after all these games coming out having exclusive DLC for a console I do not own nor care to. Tekken is a game I love. I want everything it has to offer. IF I am screwed. I'll be pissed.... what's so hard to understand?

BigBoss

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Care to share what's so funny? Or is that smiley supposed to show a level of arrogance that you don't need to reply? What about what I said is wrong?

He's just an Xbot trying to get a rise out of you, ignore him.

h3ro

Mahadev said:
Judging from some posts it looks like some hope for a meltdown to prove to themselves that this was a surprise or a megaton.

Seriously. Have any of you guys that are all excited ever played Tekken? This definitely isn't Final Fantasy or even DMC... this is Katamari level deception by NB... :lol

Oh, and lets all gather our thoughts and think of the wonderful 108KB keys we'll get to download to unlock our Hi-Kick command.

We need some pics of Itagaki up in this piece...

icecream

Public Health Threat
Poimandres said:
Are all of these companies "greedy" for wanting to get the best possible returns on their development costs?
In this specific case it makes less sense since they're not developing from the ground up for both platforms.

It's likely they'll have to put sgnificantly more effort in a 360 port than a PS3 version in return for sales which may not be equal. Tekken is not as mainsteam as SCIV, so the multiplatform strategy might not pay off this time.

atomico

it's far from a megaton. one of the devs hinted at T6 going multiplatform during an interview several months ago. pretty sure it was mentioned on GAF...

file this news under "meh"

icecream said:
The point is they already had it up and running on PS3-type hardware, so any development costs for a PS3 version should be far and few. The multiplatform choice is either greed on Namco's part, or money on someone else's.

I think Namco saw their Soul Calibur multiplatform sales and they enjoyed the money so much they wanted more. I douby MS has anything to do with this.

Casshern

Banned
Haunted said:
zero.

Geez you sound like an obnoxious fanboy from the other forum. Why so much hate?

CurseoftheGods said:
Yup. Every multiplatform game this generation has done better on the 360 than the PS3 (at least in the US).

Developers should stop trying on PS3, right?

It's like my analogy from yesterday in that TR:UW thread. "Theatre Z had a poor turnout for the dark knight. Let's just send them copy paper with our upcoming titles drawn out in crayon instead of bothering to send our full-sized official movie posters to advertise our new movies. Not as many people go. Plus our drivers have a hard time getting to that theatre. the hill is too steep".

Ten-Song

h3ro said:

I have nothing to add here other than... really? Xbots? What is this, GameFAQs from three years ago?

Wait... so what is the news here? A game that was never announced as a PS3 exclusive is now coming out for 360... I don't get it. Doesn't a game have to be announced exclusive before it can lose it's exclusivity?

Poimandres said:
Tekken and Playstation have always gone hand in hand.

tekken-advance-gba.440978.jpg

Flavius

Right now, there are a half dozen Sony-paid private investigators watching Ted Price's every move.

How much longer can he resist heading off into uncharted waters?

Uhhhhhhhh....and....uhhhhhhh...will he bring a ratchet? Or drop it and let it clan--...fuck it. :D

h3ro said:

C'mon man, be civil already, you sound worse than the bots do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom