• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6 no longer Ps3 exclusive, coming to 360 Fall 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
DarkUSS said:
That's said because I heard they're gonna include Master Chief for the 360 version and Kratos for the PS3 one. :lol

That... would be dumb but it wouldn't bother me. Bt if they introduced to very cool characters- one for each console- that's pathetic.

I'm more worried about a lack of support after release like it seems so many other devs seem to enjoy doing to their ps3 projects.

Xav said:
If Microsoft can get Final Fantasy 13 then anything is possible, given the success of SoulCalibur IV on both systems I really doubt Tekken 6 will be an exclusive. No offence to Sony fans but seriously why would you make an exclusive game to a 3rd place system.

Why would you make a JRPG exclusive to the 360? Answer: Shit happens.

UltimaPooh said:
Namco just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame upon yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is that the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Tekken 6 for either system, nor will they purchase any of Namco's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want but Namco has alienated an entire market with this move.

Namco publicly apologize and cancel Tekken 6 for the 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

*Raises wine glass full of milk to you and toasts*

permutated said:
I was waiting for this. :lol

Was the original real or fake btw? I know people who are like that so it's not hard to believe.

I believe it was real. Even if it wasn't still awesome cause there are plenty of people like that on gamefaqs.

Morph-0

MoonsaultSlayer said:
If there are fucking Star Wars characters in this game and/or content exclusive to one console or the other... I'm fucking done with gaming. Tekken made me the gamer I am today all those years ago when T2 was being demoed at KB toys and Toys R us'., but if I'm screwed out of content because I don't want to buy the game twice (or because developers take free checks for exclusive content for the 360).... that's it, I'm hanging up the controller.

Namco announce the Wookie will make exclusive appearance in the King of Iron fist tournament 6 - anything is possible these days

but would this really be any worse than Kuma or panda or woodman (translated)?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dre said:
That's how this gen and next gen is gonna be.
Yeah, i think that too.

Anyway, this is my first TGS at NeoGaf (Im a new member) so im expecting a lot of crazyness comming :D
Im a PSX,PS2,PS3 owner by the way.
If MS gets Ueda-sab ,i will never touch my PS3 again ! :D [/SPOILER

Canti

UltimaPooh said:

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame upon yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is that the Japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Tekken 6 for either system, nor will they purchase any of Namco's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want but Namco has alienated an entire market with this move.

Namco publicly apologize and cancel Tekken 6 for the 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Well played. Well played.

UltimaPooh said:
I believe it was real. Even if it wasn't still awesome cause there are plenty of people like that on gamefaqs.

I was thinking more N4G or Gametrailers.

Try posting any real negative Fable 2 news on GT, you'll get 100 hate replies within a minute, kind of sickening.

UltimaPooh said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol So awesome.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Not surprising. What is surprising is how the faboys still react to this news when we should know the way this business works.

UltimaPooh said:

It wasn't real. The same guy did the Smash Brothers rant re: Gamestop. It's his schtick.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If the "cultural expert" thing was ever funny, it has been dragged through every potential "OMG FANBOY MELTDOWN!!!" thread so many times that it's missing teeth, has wrinkly skin, and offers to blow you for $2 when it can sit upright.

I guess nobody figured out that I wasn't serious about my fanboy rant, hence the /fanboy rant underneath the text

The bottom part though was in all seriousness. What kind of business practice is it to lie? I know they all do it, but it really makes me sick at times. Im still buying it, my only concern is that the overall optimization of the game for both consoles will suffer - PS3 most of all as it seems the console continually gets the short end of the stick.

Ten-Song

slicedking said:
Only makes sense.

Oh, and what's up with the obsession with "meltdowns" lately?

When haven't the people of GAF loved a good meltdown? They're always a source of amusement.

UltimaPooh said:
Cause they are awesome to see. People getting worked up over something that isn't exclusive.

It's such a beautiful thing.

I guess nobody figured out that I wasn't serious about my fanboy rant, hence the /fanboy rant underneath the text

The bottom part though was in all seriousness. What kind of business practice is it to lie? I know they all do it, but it really makes me sick at times. Im still buying it, my only concern is that the overall optimization of the game for both consoles will suffer - PS3 most of all as it seems the console continually gets the short end of the stick.

No one from Namco ever once said the game was coming out exclusively for PS3.

Hell, if you really knew what you were talking about you'd know that the arcade game is built on PS3-derived hardware. If you think PS3 owners are somehow going to suffer because the console version is built for PS3 first and 360 second, go play Burnout Paradise.

Honestly, I would have been more surprised if it stayed exclusive. I think Sony has already made it pretty clear they arent going to fight to keep any exclusive third party games.

Dre

Eltacoman said:
Cmon guys do you really think there will be ANY 3rd party exclusives anymore?

IMO the Gears franchise will stay exclusive, beyond that I guess not ... well maybe MGS, just maybe.

Narcosis

Most people seem more interested in the so-called lost exclusivity. I'm more curious why it's not coming out for another year. Wasn't this game announced before the launch of the current gen consoles? This better be the holy grail of all fighting games if they;re taking that long to release it.

StuBurns

Banned
Eltacoman said:
Cmon guys do you really think there will be ANY 3rd party exclusives anymore?
Yes Sir I do.
Not many for the next few years, but I do expect exclusives to continue.
Final Fantasy Versus XIII might be the last really big Japanese one till Xbox3 hits.

EDIT: I think Gears 3 will be on PS3 and EA will publish it.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
xKilltheMx said:

How would it get the short end of the stick? It is running on a PS3 board in the arcades. When the game boots it runs the PS3 GUI...

Ten-Song

Dre said:
IMO the Gears franchise will stay exclusive, beyond that guess not ... wel maybe MGS, just maybe.

Kind of different there, considering Microsoft is the publisher of the game. It's being made by a third party, but it's published as a first party title.

icecream

Public Health Threat
yellowjacket said:
I think Sony has already made it pretty clear they arent going to fight to keep any exclusive third party games.
Though I had expected that considering the Cell-based hardware that was used that would have kept the game exclusive by default.

Guess there's no obstacle too high for moneyhats.

bloodforge said:
If stupid shit like that is enough to make you quit gaming altogether you may as well just quit now and not look back.

What's so stupid about worrying about content (or lack there of) in games I look forward to and am very passionate about? I started playing games for the content they provided and the fun to be had. If I'm being shafted because I don't own 2 consoles... I say fuck it. This new generation and the business side of gaming is really getting to me. You don't even know how close I am to quitting. LBP may be my last game for a lOOOng time.

I just feel 3rd parties should die if they're not going to try equally on all versions of their games.

Good news for MS.

I've never been a massive fan of Tekken.

I only bought Tekken Tag on PS2 for Tekken Bowl.

So if Tekken 6 has an update to Tekken Bowl, I'll bite.

edited for a less vicious response. :)

kuYuri

Revelations said:
The xbox360 officially have ALL the fighting games in the world on it's system. Wow how the time shave changed.

Original Xbox had a large number of fighters too, it didn't just start with 360.

Dre

Ten-Song said:
Kind of different there, considering Microsoft is the publisher of the game. It's being made by a third party, but it's published as a first party title.

Oh right, forgot about that.

Pai Pai Master said:
It's such a beautiful thing.

No one from Namco ever once said the game was coming out exclusively for PS3.

Hell, if you really knew what you were talking about you'd know that the arcade game is built on PS3-derived hardware. If you think PS3 owners are somehow going to suffer because the console version is built for PS3 first and 360 second, go play Burnout Paradise.

Well I guess i was confused by the exclusive trailers at various Sony conferences? =/

I DO know the arcade game was built on PS3 derived hardware, as it has been mentioned plenty of times in interviews. But, it is a valid concern as most of the time PS3 gets the short end of the stick.

Edit: Im done arguing, I'm wrong and you (and Blackace) are right. I just wanted to voice my concern for the overall game.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
CurseoftheGods said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12210594&postcount=125

EatCrow.jpg

Zophar got fucking owned hard.

Good news for everyone.

Darkman M

MoonsaultSlayer said:
What's so stupid about worrying about content (or lack there of) in games I look forward to and am very passionate about? I started playing games for the content they provided and the fun to be had. If I'm being shafted because I don't own 2 consoles... I say fuck it. This new generation and the business side of gaming is really getting to me. You don't even know how close I am to quitting. LBP may be my last game for a lOOOng time.

I just feel 3rd parties should die if they're not going to try equally on all versions of their games.

:lol

Darkman M said:
How long before we have our first meltdown?

That's what I'm here for. I'm not particularly into Tekken's style of fighting. Not that I would care that it went multi anyways. I would have been more shocked if it had stayed a PS3 exclusive franchise.

Ten-Song

icecream said:
Though I had expected the fact concerning the Cell-based hardware that was used would have kept the game exclusive by default.

Doesn't matter which system you start out developing on, the cost of development these days pretty much just demands for a publisher to be multiplatform.

icecream said:
Though I had expected that considering the Cell-based hardware that was used that would have kept the game exclusive by default.

Any game on PS3 is going to use Cell, and a port is a port so it matters not.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Ten-Song said:
Doesn't matter which system you start out developing on, the cost of development these days pretty much just demands for a publisher to be multiplatform.
You going to explain AC6 and Katamari then?

Warm Machine said:
Any game on PS3 is going to use Cell, and a port is a port so it matters not.
The point is they already had it up and running on PS3-type hardware, so any development costs for a PS3 version should be far and few. The multiplatform choice is either greed on Namco's part, or money on someone else's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom