• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Supremacists Beat Black Man in Charlottesville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

This is some really awful shit. Is there any hope the police will try to get them? Trump not condemning this shit will lead to even more of it.

Fuck off man.

A hit dog will holla

No bullshit ��. Junior accounts always come out for shit like this. Not a coincidence.
Always check the profile. f

No I know which thread he's talking about, indirectly shitting on me while never having engaged in a discussion with me there, and putting me together with the scum this thread is about or even bringing up what I wrote in this thread with such a fucked up content is a huge dickmove and totally unnecessary. If you want to call that "hitting a nerve" then so be it.

I don't know who you are. I was just speaking of that thread in general. I see little difference between people that advocate for genocide, and those folks that want to enjoy a little racism between friends in a intimate setting. Symptom of the same disease really

You saying the same slurs used by the people that killed people yesterday. That shit don't plague your mind?

Wamb0wneD

A hit dog will holla

Always check the profile. f

I don't know who you are. I was just speaking of that thread in general. I see little difference between people that advocate for genocide, and those folks that want to enjoy a little racism between friends in a intimate setting. Symptom of the same disease really

You saying the same slurs used by the people that killed people yesterday. That shit don't plague your mind?

I don't want to derail this too much, and if you say you don't know what I wrote in the other thread I don't see how you can assume anything. I don't want to enjoy racism between friends and the fact you just assume I do without any basis is pretty telling.

Continue to feel morally superior and on the "right side" by making shit up. So every black person who uses this slur used by the people that killed others yesterday should have their mind plagued by it as well. Got you. (You can't know whether I'm black or not but immediately assumed I'm not because?)

I'll leave it at that in this thread because bringing this shit up (which you did) in here is tasteless af (in consideration what I wrote in the other thread).
Yeah yeah i know you bringing it up is ok, me saying something against it is tasteless because you aren't bothered with what I wrote in the other thread.

Slayven

"You want people want to be seen as humans and treated with basic respect. That is how trump got elected, enjoy your moral high road"

hqdefault.jpg

Wamb0wneD

"You want people want to be seen as humans and treated with basic respect. That is how trump got elected, enjoy your moral high road"

hqdefault.jpg

That's not what I said whatsoever. Again, keep making stuff up, but if you want to do that let's do it in PM's because "discussing" this shit in here is disrespectful to the victim and the horrible topic at hand imo.

That's not what I said whatsoever. Again, keep making stuff up, but if you want to do that let's do it in PM's because "discussing" this shit in here is disrespectful to the victim and the horrible topic at hand imo.
He wasn't even addressing you in particular, but your guilty conscience exposed you as, apparently, someone who says racist shit, but "merely" recreationally—if you don't, there's absolutely no reason to get defensive over what he said.

You don't get to talk of disrespect and unearned sense of moral superiority. Talk about projection, goddamn.

Interview with the victim, Deandre Harris

http://www.theroot.com/interview-20-year-old-deandre-harris-speaks-out-about-1797796038

Twenty-year old aspiring hip-hop artist Deandre Harris moved to Charlottesville, Va., from Suffolk, Va., two years ago for a job opportunity as an Instructional Assistant in the special education program at a local high school. But nothing could prepare him for what he experienced Saturday afternoon, when he took part in a counter protest against the ”Unite The Right" white supremacy marches that took place in the city.

Heart of gold.

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
Sorry, you're too useless to be on my side. Stay in the middle.
This antagonism towards someone that shares your values but disagrees about largely inconsequential facts is just bizarre. I'm not going to use any stronger words in a thread that's about true evil on the right, but I hope you rethink your animosity. It's off putting and counter productive, at the least.

Oh come on. It's not a step in any direction. They're just saying this to avoid getting hammered by the media, this won't change a fucking thing.
I disagree. Splits between mainstream republicans and overtly racists in breitbart have a meaningful impact on the ability of the alt right to recruit and affect legislation. This is an opportunity to convince some not insignificant number of republicans that the alt right isn't normal, they are white supremacist, and they are in the White House.

jtb

Banned
This antagonism towards someone that shares your values but disagrees about largely inconsequential facts is just bizarre. I'm not going to use any stronger words in a thread that's about true evil on the right, but I hope you rethink your animosity. It's off putting and counter productive, at the least.

I disagree. Splits between mainstream republicans and overtly racists in breitbart have a meaningful impact on the ability of the alt right to recruit and affect legislation. This is an opportunity to convince some not insignificant number of republicans that the alt right isn't normal, they are white supremacist, and they are in the White House.

You think they don't already know that? The problem was never recognizing that there was a large contingent of white supremacists and racists in their party. It's that they're living in fear of being primaried by them.

Words that I would actually appreciate: demands for Bannon, Gorka and Miller's resignation. And Sessions too.

Wamb0wneD

He wasn't even addressing you in particular, but your guilty conscience exposed you as, apparently, someone who says racist shit, but "merely" recreationally—if you don't, there's absolutely no reason to get defensive over what he said.

You don't get to talk of disrespect and unearned sense of moral superiority. Talk about projection, goddamn.

There were a lot of people in that thread who used his rethoric against me, and he did as well once, if i recall correctly, so I was assuming he meant me. Strange how that works when you actually know what you're talking about. Him saying he didn't address me in particular (Which he doesn't have to to include me as well) leads to you telling me I said racist shit and that I'm projecting while you have no fucking clue what went on. Way to go.
Maybe read what I wrote in that thread instead of jumping to conclusions. Oh wait, that's more work and it's easier to pile on me based on assumptions and armchair psychology. I'm out of here now, this leads nowhere and it's certainly no thread for this nonsense.

I'm open for PM discussion but something tells me you don't want to discuss anything.

Shoeless

It almost feels like the Republican party is heading towards a crossroads where they will just have to get in front of a camera and admit, "Yeah, okay, Republicanism stands for racism. We're through pretending otherwise. If you're white, straight, Christian, and believe a woman's place is in the home, and everyone colored is in a position of servitude, join us."

And then white people will have to finally decide whether they do believe in this, while everyone else, by default, switches over to Democrat. The division between white and Republican, and Democract=everyone else seems to wear thinner with every passing day.

Shredderi

Why is it that white supremacists are always the ugliest, fattest, least educated mother fuckers.

Propably because people who are attractive, have somewhat normal social skills etc. won't find themselves in a situation where the only way they can feel like they belong to something is to join a lowest common denominator cause like this. Also let's them blame their shitty life on other people. I think a lot of it is a defense mechanism, as opposed to the original German nazis who propably actually believed they were the superior race.

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
You think they don't already know that? The problem was never recognizing that there was a large contingent of white supremacists and racists in their party. It's that they're living in fear of being primaried by them.

Words that I would actually appreciate: demands for Bannon, Gorka and Miller's resignation. And Sessions too.
I have conservative family members that do not know that. They've been so consistently lied to by the right-wing media machine that they don't understand how much racism and hate exist in their party. Republicans going after republicans absolutely disrupts the machine. Unfortunately, it's only a matter of time until the machine repairs itself and they're all back to the same talking points, but these moments matter for affecting people that can be affected.

UberTag

It almost feels like the Republican party is heading towards a crossroads where they will just have to get in front of a camera and admit, "Yeah, okay, Republicanism stands for racism. We're through pretending otherwise. If you're white, straight, Christian, and believe a woman's place is in the home, and everyone colored is in a position of servitude, join us."

And then white people will have to finally decide whether they do believe in this, while everyone else, by default, switches over to Democrat. The division between white and Republican, and Democract=everyone else seems to wear thinner with every passing day.
Why would Republicans ever force that to be a decision when they can <nudge> <nudge> <wink> <wink> so all of the Nazis/racists/bigots know they stand with them and they can dupe a bunch of other people to stand with them who fall for the "both sides" / victimization / we're God's party / economic anxiety horseshit spewed out by Fox News / InfoWars / Breitbart?

This is a party that wants their cake and to eat it too. Pretending is simply a part of their ingrained social engineering mantra. And they do it better than anyone.

Wallach

There were a lot of people in that thread who used his rethoric against me, and he did as well once, if i recall correctly, so I was assuming he meant me. Strange how that works when you actually know what you're talking about. Him saying he didn't address me in particular (Which he doesn't have to to include me as well) leads to you telling me I said racist shit and that I'm projecting while you have no fucking clue what went on. Way to go.
Maybe read what I wrote in that thread instead of jumping to conclusions. Oh wait, that's more work and it's easier to pile on me based on assumptions and armchair psychology. I'm out of here now, this leads nowhere and it's certainly no thread for this nonsense.

I'm open for PM discussion but something tells me you don't want to discuss anything.

why is it that in every one of these fucking threads I find some asshole acting like a victim when the thread is about someone who is an actual victim of racist violence

Wamb0wneD

why is it that in every one of these fucking threads I find some asshole acting like a victim when the thread is about someone who is an actual victim of racist violence

I said two times now that this is not the thread to talk about the other one or me in respect of the victim and the topic at hand and that I would like to keep that discussion (if there is any) to PM's. I guess ignoring that helps you sleep better/be more angry at me, "asshole".

Wallach

I said two times now that this is not the thread to talk about the other one in respect of the victim and the topic at hand. I guess ignoring that helps you sleep better/be more angry at me, "asshole".

only because you're chomping at the bit for this fucking attention, get lost

Wamb0wneD

only because you're chomping at the bit for this fucking attention, get lost

Keep telling yourself that, I won't get lost though, nor will I answer anyone who want's to make this about my person anymore. That way you'll have to find another reason to get pissed off at me though, sorry.

How the fuck did we get from the start of this to "Black folks say the N word too"

By someone bringing up another thread. It wasn't my intention to derail any of this.

On topic: As I already said I'm appalled by this shit and Trumps reaction to all of it, I really hope these fuckers don't feel emboldened enough to try more of this stuff.

Embedding it. Everyone should see it:
22982846_1502629599.6748.jpg

The fact noone is in prison for this yet is unbelievable. Just like that inhuman asshole with the car didn't get charged for terrorism.

Embedding it. Everyone should see it:
22982846_1502629599.6748.jpg

This is just making me angry to see. And the morons will continue to say that violence isn't the answer people are getting the shit beaten out of them by fucking Nazis. Fuck words, more punching is needed to put these goose stepping fucks back into the history books where they belong.

UberTag

The fact noone is in prison for this yet is unbelievable. Just like that inhuman asshole with the car didn't get charged for terrorism.
And yet innocent blacks who weren't caught on film being assaulted by a throng of hostile people armed with bats get thrown into prison all the time (or shot) simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. They get talked into pleading to a lesser sentence so they can go make money for Jeff Sessions' friends.

THAT is America.

Wamb0wneD

Does everyone finally understand America yet?

Normally I would hope for this to get enough attention for the higher ups to not being able to ignore it but with Trump saying the shit he says it feels like all hope is gone...

And yet innocent blacks who weren't caught on film being assaulted by a throng of hostile people armed with bats get thrown into prison all the time (or shot) simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

THAT is America.

I still remember that video of the (obviously black) guy who got a cop breaking into his car probably planting something, trying to lure the guy away from his car and then just going away. The thread had like 5 pages here, with no coverege at all. Shit was outrageous to watch.

wartama

Neo Member
Very sickening. My personal fears personified in that incident. Bigotry and racism has always been well and alive, but the covert nature of it, and the fact that it's difficult to prove and victims are often silenced, meant that most people I know that are affected by it just try to ignore it and move on with their lives. But when it escalates to things like this, I regret and fucking hate myself for rolling with it and taking it as just another part of life.

Now people are woke, but is too late, I wonder?

Thanks for linking this. I like hearing from the victims and knowing about them. Their stories and experiences matter to me.

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People
This is just making me angry to see. And the morons will continue to say that violence isn't the answer people are getting the shit beaten out of them by fucking Nazis. Fuck words, more punching is needed to put these goose stepping fucks back into the history books where they belong.

It's not the answer. Don't fall for their trap. They lose when they resort to what they did this weekend. Don't let them win. I just posted this in another thread:
This is not the answer. We're in a never-ending competition for hearts and minds, particularly of the impressionable youth. Racist use events like this to argue (with the greatest hypocrisy) that the left are violently silencing free speech, and they attract young, often disillusioned, white people to their cause. Those same young dumb people don't have to go that way, and we should do everything in our power to ensure that they don't. Even though he deserves it and much worse, punching Richard Spencer (and his ilk) is not the answer.

If the right continue in their violence and the left does not engage in it, the left wins the hearts and minds game.

Wamb0wneD

It's not the answer. Don't fall for their trap. They lose when they resort to what they did this weekend. Don't let them win. I just posted this in another thread:

Is it though? If the left wing and people who oppose this shit are staying peacful while they go out in the streets driving into crowds, beating them with poles, will (dumb) people really realize that one side is fuckd up and not both?

If the left side stays peaceful they will just make up stuff that fits their narrative and the people who want to believe that stuff will do so, from faked events or statstics that depict minorities as more violent or whatever. there are no hearts and minds to be won here, most people already picked their side, passive or active.

I'm not saying violence is the answer but staying peaceful doesn't seem to help either.

Get the hell outta here with this nonsense. You are so goddamn naive to think that protests are the answer. The Nazis are fucking Nazis. They have no sympathy, no empathy and no remorse. They could give a good goddamn about hearts and minds, so miss me with this drivel.

Wamb0wneD

Get the hell outta here with this nonsense. You are so goddamn naive to think that protests are the answer. The Nazis are fucking Nazis. They have no sympathy, no empathy and no remorse. They could give a good goddamn about hearts and minds, so miss me with this drivel.

I think he's talking about the people who (sadly) don't take either position and really just vote Trump because of their problems in their small world or don't go voting at all.

In theory the more shit happens while the left stays peaceful the more people would realize that the right is fucking wrong. But that's the theory and so far it didn't pan out at all so... I'm not even arguing against you, I can't at this point ...but fueling their right wing BS with being violent towards them doesn't help either, except if there was a civil war going on.

Probably pure crack concentrate he planned to give to pure blonde haired blue eyed little white children.

The fiend.

One of those Nazis actually pulled a gun on a photographer who witnessed that beating.
And that fat man with the long grey hair is their commander of sorts: I saw footage of him directing attacks at a different spot.

Telosfortelos

Advocate for the People

This is the last I'll reply in this thread. But it's not about the nazis. It's about winning long term, meaningful change for black people in this country. It's about the propaganda that the right will use to make their case. It's about not feeding that propaganda, but instead showing nazis for the violent, hateful pieces of shit they are. I am terrified by how few people don't understand this. Look up the efficacy of nonviolent protest, at least.

If some dumbass listens to you ans massacres a bunch of nazis and the next nazi rally, we will be set so far back. It's not about the nazis, it's about the fact that I give a shit about the horror that black people in this country face, and I care more about that then feeding my primal desire to physically hurt fascist pieces of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom