• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Supremacists Beat Black Man in Charlottesville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SexyFish

Banned
Why the fuck they are allowing people with guns in a march!!!??

This is surreal to me....

Wait, you can walk around like that in the US and not get in trouble?
What the fuck...

You guys don't get your rifle and head over to the local Chipotle to get yourself a slammin burrito bowl with extra guac?

HT_chipotle_guns_ban_sk_140520_16x9_608.jpg

How about getting your AR and a nice refreshing iced coffee from Starbucks?

starbucks-AR-carry.jpg

Wvrs

Wait, you can walk around like that in the US and not get in trouble?
What the fuck...

Scary as shit. It's partly why I took issue with people advocating all-out violence against these Nazi fucks in a thread last night (even discounting my belief that violence only begets more violence and doesn't solve shit in a civil situation bar all-out war). In a country where it's legal to carry an actual assault rifle around in plain sight, I'd be pretty terrified at even the prospect of open aggression between various groups.

The US is a powder-keg, you've got all this vitriol between people and they're all entitled to own lethal weapons.

sunofsam

America is great again.

A great big trash fire.

Seriously, get your shit together.

Bemoaning in Facebook and game forums doesn't seem to be helping.

RMI

Banned
is there any concerted effort being made to identify people in these photos? Not just the ones obviously committing crimes, but people carrying swastikas and shit like that? Surely some of their employers would not be thrilled about having nazis on the payroll.

Johndoey

Banned
This shit is never going to change in any significant way, these groups are fairly well protected in the U.S so they can't be stamped out, we just have periods of high and low activity and there will be a strong stable of angry shitheel white boys to grab up.

Dehnus

Why can't it be like "I see you're carrying a pole/spear/shield," so you are under arrest? Why do police allow people to bring weapons? If you're armed to rumble, you're gonna rumble.
Because they are white and alt right. Had this been a gay black woman... Shed be dead for carrying a nailclipper.

Why are these idiots even doing Nazi salutes? Didn't their grandparents fight the Nazis?

For racists, White supremacy rules over everything else. It's always been White supremacy over the Constitution and ostensible American values.

Note that the same phenomenon of Nazi sympathising occurs in Russia, a country that was tormented by Nazi Germany probably worse than anywhere else in Europe..

How the hell are you allowed to walk around with damn protection gear, shields and more like that. The local authorities need to declare that stuff illegal when "protests" like this occur and round up everyone not following the rules.

Fucking 2017 and people are going into the streets to beat up African Americans. This is getting more depressing by the day.

Couldn't the dude in that second video get up without help? What the hell is going on there.

That it is legal to go marching through the streets in military gear and weapons in hand is disturbing as hell.

Growing up, I always thought America was such a cool country and always wanyed to live there.

Had a nice time in Orlando a few times and always felt the people were polite and pretty cool. Was there just last October and had a great time and came back home with the intent on going back in a few years to take my kids.

Not anymore.

I don't care much about the politics there so Trump being the prez wouldn't stop me but all these Nazi cunts coming out it of the woodwork and the country just going where it is means I would rather take my kids some place else for them to have memories of.

Your country has a lot of problems with the wrong person leading it.

I really hope in a few years time the country comes united again with a new president and tries to fix what has come undone lately.

I hope all these assholes are brought to justice.

Rupetta

is there any concerted effort being made to identify people in these photos? Not just the ones obviously committing crimes, but people carrying swastikas and shit like that? Surely some of their employers would not be thrilled about having nazis on the payroll.

#GoodNightAltRight

Your problems in the US are 1000x worse than I ever imagined. The public playing militia and deciding to be their own police is a whole new level of fucked up. I honestly don't know where you even begin fixing this.

Your problems in the US are 1000x worse than I ever imagined. The public playing militia and deciding to be their own police is a whole new level of fucked up. I honestly don't know where you even begin fixing this.
Not having the country be led by a white supremacist that condones this behavior would be a start.

Amalthea

Banned
I can't see how this conflict is ever gonna be put down with civilised means when one side acts as if some humans don't deserve to be seen as people and should ideally be exterminated
, while the other side just wants the same rights for everyone... And then many citizens are even insane enough to constantly say that both sides are the same.

I haven't ever seen such a mass-failure of logic, morals or pure mental sanity.

Well yeah but I mean there's more to it than that when people are allowed to do this legally.
I think America should take a real hard look at itself with a lot of things. From their gun laws, to hate speech, healthcare, drug use, troubles in rural areas, education failures, the way their politics are structured, income inequality, their media and more. How to ever go about this, I don't know also. There are so many things so clearly wrong, but their leaders refuse to do anything about it.

JJMorris

There are lot of generalizations being made in this thread for a lot of people, and groups. Lumping in 323 million people as divided is very presumptive. For only 63 million voters supporting Trump, I would assume no more than 1/5 to 1/6 of these people (alt-right/neo-nazis/etc.) deliberately enforce hate. There is just a large populous that is apathetic, but oppose what has happened, that could help vocalize and fast forward these changes. It's just that there are some who don't want to join until their rights are offended. Let's not lump all of America in with these people. 161 million people are not supporting what has taken place. This is not Civil War, World War territory. You wouldn't judge an entire country's people based on their terrorist population, why do it here.

You guys are really making a lot of generalizations for a lot of people, and groups. Lumping in 323 million people as divided is very presumptive. For only 63 million voters supporting Trump, I would assume no more than 1/5 to 1/6 of these people (alt-right/neo-nazis/etc.) deliberately enforce hate.
They deliberately enforced it by voting.

Wamb0wneD

This is some really awful shit. Is there any hope the police will try to get them? Trump not condemning this shit will lead to even more of it.

They will just go back to calling their black friends nigger in jokes behind close doors

Fuck off man.

I feel that guys anger.

I feel it exploding through my veins.

This shit is utterly sickening. The pictures in this thread explain everything.

You guys are really making a lot of generalizations for a lot of people, and groups. Lumping in 323 million people as divided is very presumptive. For only 63 million voters supporting Trump, I would assume no more than 1/5 to 1/6 of these people (alt-right/neo-nazis/etc.) deliberately enforce hate. There is just a large populous that is apathetic, but oppose what has happened, that could help vocalize and fast forward these changes. It's just that there are some who don't want to join until their rights are offended. Let's not lump all of America in with these people. 161 million people are not supporting what has taken place.

To say that people who voted for Trump don't endorse hate is nonsense. They might not outwardly say it but voting for him was an acceptance of his ideals, regardless of their personal reasons. Apathy is just as effective as hate, if not more.

State of the world fucking disgusts me right now.

Heroman

Banned
I think America should take a real hard look at itself with a lot of things. From their gun laws, to hate speech, healthcare, drug use, troubles in rural areas, education failures, the way their politics are structured, income inequality, their media and more. How to ever go about this, I don't know also. There are so many things so clearly wrong, but their leaders refuse to do anything about it.
It not just the leaders it the people who put them in power.

Brinbe

That man is a hero. Lord knows that's what my heart wants me to do to all those racist shithead cowards out there yesterday.

JJMorris

To say that people who voted for Trump don't endorse hate is nonsense. They might not outwardly say it but voting for him was an acceptance of his ideals, regardless of their personal reasons. Apathy is just as effective as hate, if not more.

State of the world fucking disgusts me right now.

I wouldn't equate someone not voting last year, then vocalizing their disgust with yesterday's events on Twitter, with someone who promotes white supremacy. Yes, educating them both is the solution, but two very different people.

UberTag

There are lot of generalizations being made in this thread for a lot of people, and groups. Lumping in 323 million people as divided is very presumptive. For only 63 million voters supporting Trump, I would assume no more than 1/5 to 1/6 of these people (alt-right/neo-nazis/etc.) deliberately enforce hate. There is just a large populous that is apathetic, but oppose what has happened, that could help vocalize and fast forward these changes. It's just that there are some who don't want to join until their rights are offended. Let's not lump all of America in with these people. 161 million people are not supporting what has taken place. This is not Civil War, World War territory. You wouldn't judge an entire country's people based on their terrorist population, why do it here.
Your terrorist population got a terrorist elected as your leader.
You will be judged by everyone outside of the USA... RIGHTFULLY... until you right the ills of your country.
And you won't. Because you're more preoccupied with being judged than actually doing anything while the institutions and sanctity of your entire country fall apart.

Yes, but uneducated voters aren't the same as these hate mongers, there are a lot people out there who regret voting for this guy.
If they were informed, they would have made a different decision last November instead of feeling regret for their action/inaction now.
You must deal with the consequences of that day. You can't bury your head in the sand and run away from them.

Yes, but uneducated voters aren't the same as these hate mongers, there are a lot people out there who regret voting for this guy.
This was not a fucking complicated election. No one gets to pretend they were uninformed and never saw what this monster was saying and doing.

Lol, don't act surprised if you vote trump. People knew the kind of shit he was, if they endorsed him even after all that was said then in the end they're not any better. Deplorables.

Fuck them all.

I wouldn't equate someone not voting last year, then vocalizing their disgust with yesterday's events on Twitter, with someone who promotes white supremacy. Yes, educating them both is the solution, but two very different people.

Not promotion no, but acceptance. So many people think that all they need to do is voice their opinion on Twitter or some other social media and think they've done their part, but opinion means nothing if they don't act and stand up against this shit. If you're a liberal and you didn't vote last year you may as well have voted for Trump.

JJMorris

Your terrorist population got a terrorist elected as your leader.
You will be judged by everyone outside of the USA... RIGHTFULLY... until you right the ills of your country.
And you won't. Because you're more preoccupied with being judged than actually doing anything while the institutions and sanctity of your entire country fall apart.

I don't really disagree with what you're saying, sorry if I offended you. I just don't like letting perception become reality. Also please don't say I am not doing anything about the situation, that is just not accurate at all. I don't know where you got the information to make that claim.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
America has really gone to shit in the last year.

Sunster

"You know what the trouble is, Brucey? We used to make shit in this country, build shit." and fight Nazis. Now we do neither.

Zakalwe

Banned

I doubt much will happen to many of these people.

Saw this on social media. Went to his profile and found his place of work. Mesaged them with the evidence and they told me they would look into it.

He's still working there, not sure if anything was done. If I'd been the manager he would have been out the next day.

Posted on this video (homeless black woman being beaten by a police officer).

His employers response?

Good afternoon, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our company does not condone this type of behavior or comments. Unfortunately we cannot control what employees do on their personal time.

This is normalised.

UberTag

I don't really disagree with what you're saying, sorry if I offended you. I just don't like letting perception become reality.
Nobody here is saying that all Americans are evil Nazis or Nazi enablers. Generalizing should never be embraced.
BUT... complacency shouldn't be encouraged either. You cling so much to that "there are more of us than there are of them" statistical evidence like a life preserver.
Another couple decades of FOX News, a broken education system and Trump-like leaders and YOU may be in the minority.

JJMorris

Nobody here is saying that all Americans are evil nazis or nazi enablers. Generalizing should never be embraced.
BUT... complacency shouldn't be encouraged either. You cling so much to that "there are more of us than there are of them" statistical evidence like a life preserver.
Another couple decades of FOX News and Trump-like leaders and YOU may be in the minority.

I'm brown. I've been called Osama bin Laden, terrorist, even Borat, among many other things. I am having trouble understanding why you're making me an opposition.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
This is normalised.

ppl don't give a fuuuuck about posting this on their real name profiles anymore.

Also, someone will ask you to remove the name/post on here. I don't know if that's a good thing or not, but it'll happen.

Trump told everyone what he was within MINUTES of the start of his presidential campaign.

"Theyre bringing crime. Theyre rapists....and some I assume are good people"

Then he doubled down on racism his ENTIRE campaign.

I could tell what trump was and stood for from the beginning. Nobody should be uninformed. We live in social media with tvs and cameras everywhere. This buffoon spoke for over a year. It was easy to see the garbage human he was and people still voted for him because he would look out for their taxes or religion even if he would would put down their people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom