• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Supremacists Beat Black Man in Charlottesville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

I'm brown. I've been called Osama bin Laden, terrorist, even Borat, among many other things. I am having trouble understanding why you're making me an opposition.
If you're brown and you're encouraging complacency to the status quo and inaction that's even more deplorable because you have a hell of a lot more incentive to be angry at what's happening around you. If your reaction to being called Osama, terrorist or Borat was to smile and shrug your shoulders and laugh it off, well congratulations... you just normalized that behavior to be used. Not just against yourself but against others who share your skin color.

You should be angry. You should be upset. You should be speaking out at your leaders for being complicit against prejudice and bigotry. And you should be doing this whether you're brown, black, yellow or white.

JJMorris

Trump told everyone what he was within MINUTES of the start of his presidential campaign.

"Theyre bringing crime. Theyre rapists....and some I assume are good people"

Then he doubled down on racism his ENTIRE campaign.

Yep. And they also read a lot of fake and fear-mongering news made about the opposition. They're that uneducated.

JJMorris

If you're brown and you're encouraging complacency to the status quo and inaction that's even more deplorable because you have a hell of a lot more incentive to be angry at what's happening around you. If your reaction to being called Osama, terrorist or Borat was to smile and shrug your shoulders and laugh it off, well congratulations... you just normalized that behavior to be used. Not just against yourself but against others who share your skin color.

You should be angry. You should be upset. You should be speaking out at your leaders for being complicit against prejudice and bigotry. And you should be doing this whether you're brown, black, yellow or white.

Okay, now you're just making a lot of assumptions about me just like you assumed I wasn't a minority two posts ago. I didn't say I was not upset, or I ever laughed off being insulted based upon my race or normalize racist behavior. I don't know what I did to you.

Sulik2

Dems gotta win in 2018 and get Trump impeached or this country is going into a race war in the next decades. Unregulated free speech has been allowed the continued growing of rascists behind the scenes for decades and now Trump is validating their existence. Events like we saw this weekend are going to get a lot bigger, longer and more violent if progressive changes don't start happening and white supremacists and other hate groups and speech outlawed.

Yep. And they also read a lot of fake and fear-mongering news made about the opposition. They're that uneducated.

It's pretty easy to open a video and watch and LISTEN to the words that came out of that shitheads mouth during his campagn. Don't give me this fake news bs bruh. He's been in front of an audience for over a year.

JJMorris

It's pretty easy to open a video and watch and LISTEN to the words that came out of that shitheads mouth during his campagn. Don't give me this fake news bs bruh. He's been in front of an audience for over a year.

I know, then I talk to these voters and they bring up the fake pizza scandal. They just wanted to hear something worse than what they did from Trump, even if it's fake. They want something to rationalize their vote, because they are so conflicted about not voting for their party, they will believe anything to reinforce that decision.

III-V

Trump had every opportunity in the world to call out white supremacists and Nazis.

He didn't.

Yet he is happy to talk about bad hombres and rapists.

The man is legitimizing their actions. He also talked about cherishing our history (hint: this was about the confederate statue removal). He is one of them. He condones these actions. It is clear as day.

I just said they're uneducated. I didn't make an excuse. That lack of education has affected a lot of their intelligence that carries into many things, like not being able accept those different from themselves.

These are not yesterday's KKK. It is the white youth of America, not a bunch of no education backwoods hicks.

JJMorris

These are not yesterday's KKK. It is the white youth of America, not a bunch of no education backwoods hicks.

Yes I know, I was talking about something else stemming from a different discussion earlier in the thread, I can see how it could be interpreted that way out of context.

Literally right next to a police station and not one person helped out. All standing there watching. I pray the victim can make a recovery.

The only way the shit is gonna stop is if this fascist and his cronies are removed from the white house, and the so called "allies" around the country are willing to stop being silent and stand together against these racists empowered by this fascist.

Things are going well beyond out of control in this country. Some fucking action has to be taken right now.

JJMorris

Literally right next to a police station and not one person helped out. All standing there watching. I pray the victim can make a recovery.

The only way the shit is gonna stop is if this fascist and his cronies are removed from the white house, and the so called "allies" around the country are willing to stop being silent and stand together against these racists empowered by this fascist.

Things are going well beyond out of control in this country. Some fucking action has to be taken right now.

Fortunately, there are finally some Republican congress people calling this out and labeling it white supremacy and terrorism.

Zakalwe

Banned
Literally right next to a police station and not one person helped out.

One person recording rushed in and kicked one of the nazis. who turned on him (which is where the video cut out).

Remember though, the majority of people hanging about there would have been nazis themselves.

You're right though, people turn a blind eye far too often.

One person recording rushed in and kicked one of the nazis. who turned on him (which is where the video cut out).

I must've missed that in the article posted in the OP. Thanks for the correction.

Remember though, the majority of people hanging about there would have been nazis themselves.

That's the problem. Right next to a police station too.

Fortunately, there are finally some Republican congress people calling this out and labeling it white supremacy and terrorism.

Until the time comes to stand up to white supremacy and right wing terrorism with actions and not words, whereupon they will just follow the Republican party line of fucking over women and minorities.

JJMorris

Until the time comes to stand up to white supremacy and right wing terrorism with actions and not words, whereupon they will just follow the Republican party line of fucking over women and minorities.

But it's a step in the right direction, less than week ago we wanted politicians/media to call it what it is. And a few are finally doing that. It's not voting, but it's acknowledgement, and definitely not "both sides".

Mahonay

Banned
Anyone who supports Trump is supporting this.

Absolutely heinous shit. I bet Sessions is ecstatic about all of this.

But it's a step in the right direction, less than week ago we wanted politicians/media to call it what it is. And a few are finally doing that. It's not voting, but it's acknowledgement, and definitely not "both sides".

Oh come on. It's not a step in any direction. They're just saying this to avoid getting hammered by the media, this won't change a fucking thing.

JJMorris

Oh come on. It's not a step in any direction. They're just saying this to avoid getting hammered by the media, this won't change a fucking thing.

I don't know what to tell you, but change doesn't happen overnight. I don't expect legislation to be created within a week, and have a 100% vote. But assuming the worst never helps.

NoName999

I just said they're uneducated. I didn't make an excuse. That lack of education has affected a lot of their intelligence that carries into many things, like not being able accept those different from themselves.

You're STILL making excuses.

You don't have to be intelligent to not be a fucking dick.

The Kree

Banned
At some point it's going to occur to you guys to stop debating with alt accounts, right? Like, one side of this conversation is not taking place in good faith.

JJMorris

At some point it's going to occur to you guys to stop debating with alt accounts, right? Like, one side of this conversation is not taking place in good faith.

I just made a statement, and there is a bunch of ripple replies I am trying to wrap up. This isn't an alt account, or a debate. We're all on the same side.

Cyframe

No. They aren't uneducated. They are affluent. They know what they're doing. Racism is not ignorance. It's active and willful hatred. I've never been called nigger by someone who didn't know what that word meant.

If lack of education is an issue, then please tell why African Americans don't organize like this. Why other minorities don't act like this. So, I really wish people would stop calling it ignorance or lack of education. A person chooses racism, it's not something they fall into.

Violater

I doubt much will happen to many of these people.

Saw this on social media. Went to his profile and found his place of work. Mesaged them with the evidence and they told me they would look into it.

He's still working there, not sure if anything was done. If I'd been the manager he would have been out the next day.

Posted on this video (homeless black woman being beaten by a police officer).

His employers response?

This is normalised.

Next step find out the clients the company works for and see if they care.

JJMorris

Sorry, you're too useless to be on my side. Stay in the middle.

Wow.

Edit: You're wanting to discourage me from voting Democrat/better candidates, donating to good causes, and volunteer? Just because I don't want to give into the pessimism that "America is fucked" .

Mahonay

Banned
That will mean more to me when action is taken as a result of these incidents.
Yep. Almost all of these Republicans coming out and saying Trump should be condemning the white supremacists, are also the same people who've been creating harmful laws that specifically target black communities.

Talk means nothing from these people.

I don't know what to tell you, but change doesn't happen overnight. I don't expect legislation to be created within a week, and have a 100% vote. But assuming the worst never helps.

rofl next you'll be busting out the "Just wait a generation for the racists to die out"

Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit

Wamb0wneD

Did he hit a nerve or something?

No I know which thread he's talking about, indirectly shitting on me while never having engaged in a discussion with me there, and putting me together with the scum this thread is about or even bringing up what I wrote in this thread with such a fucked up content is a huge dickmove and totally unnecessary. If you want to call that "hitting a nerve" then so be it.

Oriel

What the fuck is with these spate of Juniors popping up on GAF making excuses for violent racism and white supremacism?

What the fuck is with these spate of Juniors popping up on GAF making excuses for violent racism and white supremacism?

They want to nudge the conversation into that direction but can't go as hard as they can on other forums without being banned so they pretend to be centrists "just asking questions".

kmax

Alt accounts from racist scumbags that are too afraid to spew the shit from their main accounts.

It's pretty sad how pathetic they are.

Oriel

They want to nudge the conversation into that direction but can't go as hard as they can on other forums without being banned so they pretend to be centrists "just asking questions".

JAQing off is one of the worst forms of trolling on message boards. At least you know what you're getting with straight-up racists and trolls.

JJMorris

No. They aren't uneducated. They are affluent. They know what they're doing. Racism is not ignorance. It's active and willful hatred. I've never been called nigger by someone who didn't know what that word meant.

If lack of education is an issue, then please tell why African Americans don't organize like this. Why other minorities don't act like this. So, I really wish people would stop calling it ignorance or lack of education. A person chooses racism, it's not something they fall into.

Let's not misdirect what we're talking about. Yes, racism is a choice. The uneducated/ignorant statements were towards those voting for Trump.

JJMorris

This conversation has gone off topic, we weren't even talking about the original post. Nobody here wants white supremacy, violent racism, or that man getting beaten by racists.

Murkas

Hard for me to follow because we've had quite a few threads about this topic easily reaching double digits but have they reached the "MLK violence is wrong" picture spell card yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom