• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Lol everyone and their mothers are agreeing that a Teacher and Student relationship or an adult with a minor is a big no-no in real life and reality, and yet once you have it presented in a fictional work like here in Persona, all of a sudden everyone going crazy about it.

Y'all just wearing masks in your real life, aren't ya?

Lol everyone and their mothers are agreeing that a Teacher and Student relationship or an adult with a minor is a big no-no in real life and reality, and yet once you have it presented in a fictional work like here in Persona, all of a sudden everyone going crazy about it.

GOT IT BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD GOT IT BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

I dig teacher and student relationship. One of my favorite dramas:

ce648c69191f3c2d557aec07bdd4108b.jpg

galvenize

I wish Tae was as invested in my first play through as Becky was. She starts strong though: best looks, best outfit, best personality, best hairstyle but then as the game went on after maxing her, she kinda fell off my radar since I never buy anything from her. Pains my heart but Becky wins the best adult award.

It sucks that the closest save point before valentine is so damn far. Altough understandable. Still gonna reload that save to explore the other options. I got time to waste Atlus!

Did Ann's romance scene, I find it weird the invite back to my room inbetween rank 9 and 10 felt like a better romance scene then the actual rank 10 one.

Kimaka

I know no one who thinks that is okay. Even on gaf, 'nice' comments about a teacher abusing their position to get with their student is considered ban worthy.

Looked it up, the poster makes the dude look super young. Like in the movie he doesn't look like he's 10.

Yeah, he looks pretty young in that poster. But the actor is indeed rather small for Japanese average. He's indeed still in his teens in that drama and shorter than the teacher (well, the actress is a top model at the time), but not actually 10. Okay then, this is getting oot.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
GOT IT BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD GOT IT BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

I mean a lot of people are raving about how romancing Futaba makes them uncomfortable since she's "family" or whatever but then again she's actually much more "acceptable" than the likes of Kawakami, Takemi, Chihaya, or Ohya :p

I know no one who thinks that is okay. Even on gaf, 'nice' comments about a teacher abusing their position to get with their student is considered ban worthy.

Well lots of people are going in deep for Kawakami, after all :p

I mean a lot of people are raving about how romancing Futaba makes them uncomfortable since she's "family" or whatever but then again she's actually much more "acceptable" than the likes of Kawakami, Takemi, Chihaya, or Ohya :p

What's wrong with Takemi, Chihaya, and Ohya?

I'm guessing that Takemi and Ohya are still in their mid 20s, while Chihaya is in her late teens or early 20s. So Takemi is
an illegal drug maker
, Chihaya is
a cult
, and Ohya is
an alchoholic
. Are those the reason?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean are you trying to roleplay as a teenager or are you just thinking about qualities you yourself like?

Because if I'm thinking for myself liking kawakami is a lot less weird than liking futaba.

gun_haver

Well I just decided to go ahead and choose romance with Kawakami and I feel like a god damned disgrace. Not cos of the teacher thing, but I have betrayed Ann. I truly am a piece of shit.

Just wanted to see what it felt like...It feels bitter. Feels cold...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What's wrong with Takemi, Chihaya, and Ohya?

I'm guessing that Takemi and Ohya are still in their mid 20s, while Chihaya is in her late teens or early 20s. So Takemi is
an illegal drug maker
, Chihaya is
a cult
, and Ohya is
an alchoholic
. Are those the reason?

I mean the teacher and student romance in this game is not worse then being able to date Ken in persona 3 psp.

I mean are you trying to roleplay as a teenager or are you just thinking about qualities you yourself like?

Relax dudes, I am just messing around with you all.

Waifus are indeed serious business, hahah.

Kimaka

Well lots of people are going in deep for Kawakami, after all :p

Ehh, fictional is different than real life.

I mean the teacher and student romance in this game is not worse then being able to date Ken in persona 3 psp.

The fuck? You can do that? Why was that a thing, but the MC can't get with Yusuke.

bomblord1

Banned
Is it just me or does the game's social links have a significantly higher ratio of eligible bacholerettes than previous games? Am I just looking in the wrong places for confidants?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Serious talk, dating Ken is a lot more fucked up then dating the adults in P5 because of agency. In real life a Kawakami would be seen as predatory, but because it's a video game and she is just an npc with no agency it doesn't really feel that way. Letting a player act out some "Get with teacher" fantasy is fine. On the other end of things the FeMc in persona 3 portable has full agency since you are the player, and letting players act out that relationship with Ken feels a lot more gross.

Don't worry, the US localization makes it as if the FeMC was just having a good-natured playful attitude towards a precocious crush that Ken has for her.

Even ATLUS themselves seemed to understand that that was wayy overboard, lol.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Don't you mess with my waifus.

I still personally consider Kawakami and even Takemi as low tier waifu tho :p

And speaking of teachers' social link, Persona 3's Maya is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy superior than Kawakami, she's awesome.

It's like
they're in a hurry trying to wrap things up and view the dude as nothing more than an annoyance to get rid of from the story
as quick as possible, lol.
I didnt mind that so much nearly as much as how it was treated. It was giving me horrid flashbacks to the handling of a certain character in P4Ultimax.

Relax dudes, I am just messing around with you all.

Waifus are indeed serious business, hahah.
No Banana there is no "messing around".

You crossed the line. I thought you were different. Cool even. I was wrong. Now you will pay the price.

Insulting a man's ship be worse than insulting his mother.

I'm coming for you. You're going to pay for what you did to me.

/s and Just kidding!
I still personally consider Kawakami and even Takemi as low tier waifu tho :p

And speaking of teachers' social link, Persona 3's Maya is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy superior than Kawakami, she's awesome.
Okay now it's serious!!!!!

But Maya >>>>>>>>>>>> Kawakami is just scientific truth. You can't deny scientific truth!
One plays games and uses the Persona 2 name of Maya in her game but gets embarrassed when she finds out who you really are. Also looks like an older Yukari. The other one is a maid by night! She even calls you Master! And she looks great!

Yeah I'm slowly digging a hole here aren't I?
I mean, seeing how pharmercy went, your opinion is invalidated.

<3
Oh boy. You fool what have you done?!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
One plays games and uses the Persona 2 name of Maya in her game but gets embarrassed when she finds out who you really are. Also looks like an older Yukari. The other one is a maid by night! She even calls you Master! And she looks great!

Hahaha.

I personally think Kawakami is much more attractive-looking in her normal style than in her maid clothing, which is one of the reasons why I found her Confidant storyline as kind of disappointing.

Hahaha.

I personally think Kawakami is much more attractive-looking in her normal style than in her maid clothing, which is one of the reasons why I found her Confidant storyline as kind of disappointing.
Okay I fully agree with you there. I like her every day clothing much more than her maid outfit.

I think it's the hair that I just don't like though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
But I don't like it man! I like her natural hair!

Not a negative at all!

Don't ruin this for me Antiwhippy! The hole is getting deeper!

Oh wait, I thought you were saying you don't like regular kawakami hair.

Yes, regular hair >>>> maid hair.

Also I don't even know what I'm ruining now. :p

Top Bottom