• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Busaiku

so is singleplayer with high intensity the best way to earn hearts, or are there other ways to earn them besides that and multiplayer? I Don't know how I'd get 100,000 hearts to buy those crazy expensive weapons.

Once you get Heart Booster as a power and on weapons, it might get easier.

Neiteio

Question about the grid powerups in Solo: Do some of them stay activated constantly merely being in your grid, so for example, a speed boost one wouldn't have to be activated manually like the healing one, you would just always move faster by having it on your person? Or would you have to scroll through your powers and activate it manually, and if so, how long does it stay activated for? Would it only increase your speed for a short period of time? That's just an example, btw: I also wonder this about other ones like the one that allows you to run without growing tired. Is it auto-activated and always in effect when in your grid, or do you have to activate it separately and then it's only in effect for a limited period of time?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
How the fuck are you supposed to not get kicked by the chests with legs? It doesn't seem to matter when I dodge, I always get caught in their stupid fucking flurry of kicks and they take like half my goddamn health.
You just double dodge them (because one isn't enough) and that's all. No big deal, really.

To those of you (Prinny) who get over a thousand points in multiplayer......what can I do to help myself?

I always end up with 200 or so.....is it just how many attacks I land?

Prinny

You only get point if you land the last hit :(

If the player you killed had a weapon with 200 value, you'll get 200 points (I think).

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I hate that stupid mud enemy you have to shoot 3 times. So boring and messes with the pace of the game. But lol at
Pit singing in the beginning of one of the chapters. I was kind of hoping he would continue throughout the level.

backlot

Question about the grid powerups in Solo: Do some of them stay activated constantly merely being in your grid, so for example, a speed boost one wouldn't have to be activated manually like the healing one, you would just always move faster by having it on your person? Or would you have to scroll through your powers and activate it manually, and if so, how long does it stay activated for? Would it only increase your speed for a short period of time? That's just an example, btw: I also wonder this about other ones like the one that allows you to run without growing tired. Is it auto-activated and always in effect when in your grid, or do you have to activate it separately and then it's only in effect for a limited period of time?

I'm pretty sure none of the power ups are automatic. You'll be able to tell when the effects are wearing off because it starts beeping just before it happens.

Hale-XF11

To those of you (Prinny) who get over a thousand points in multiplayer......what can I do to help myself?

I tend to be very aggressive, but strategic. I use a quick charge power up first, then I strafe constantly and from a good safe (but fairly close) distance while charging and throwing one big attack after another, while simultaneously using power ups like black hole and fire explosion to keep my enemies in trouble at all times. I do all of those things at once because it can get pretty hectic when lots of players are on top of each other, though I'll often use the same strategy one on one with other players, including angels. If I'm an angel, however, I tend to keep more distance from my enemies but continue to be aggressive.

Javier

Holy crap, this game is PACKED with content. Just when I though I've collected tons of stuff I beat Chapter 11 and
I get a SECOND Treasure Chart! Holy shit!

Neiteio

I'm trying to think of the last time a Nintendo game blew my mind like Uprising. I think it was Super Mario Galaxy, and before that, Metroid Prime, and before -that-, Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask. Sakurai hit this one out of the park with a charged smash attack using the homerun bat.

I usually go by kills. It's really key when you have a high leveled item that you're good with it.
If you're going 5-5 with a high leveled item its going to hurt a lot more.

Most importantly I think is the weapon you bring, then the items you use. It takes a bit to
find a weapon that "clicks".

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
can't wait for US version, bought JPN version.

played the first level a couple of times. cleared on 7.0 but want to ramp the thing up.

Got used to the controls instantly - those years of "CLAW" controls with MHP coming in handy for lesser complex controls for the win.

Biggest thing that struck me is how gloriously pure the game feels along with extremely lush graphics for the 3DS.

Game has a "feeling" about it - hard to put my finger on it - somewhere betweened "digital orgasm" and "i won the lottery"

STG!

THIS GAME IS AWESOME

This is truth.

Great music, wonderful dialog (and great VA's), loving the throwback's to the original game, and I'm shocked at how much content is here. I really like the adjustable difficulty like TWEWY, as it makes you want to replay the earlier stages for those different items. From what I've seen so far, this is very well put-together.

Reading back and seeing some of the complaints, it does take getting used to using the stylus as a camera control, but once it start's to sync it really is wonderful.

Bullza2o

Finding a balance between a weapon that can actually contribute and not screwing over your team is proving to be difficult.
THIS. I'm really struggling at this. Right now my claw is 247 value, but I've been fusing a lot to get better weapons then I realized it will be more of a burden to my team online..

KevinCow

Banned
I'm really disappointed that despite this game being made by Sakurai, master of throwing tons of Nintendo references all over his games, and despite there being an entire set of weapons that are Cannons that go on your Arm, Samus's armcannon isn't a weapon. Power beam shots for normal attacks and missiles for charged attacks! It's so obvious!

JKTrix

I think I need to premeditate my item usage a little more. No use flicking through the items when Prinny and his Pandora Claw are slashing me up.

massoluk

Banned
I basically use lots and lots of power up in multiplayer. Heavenly Light, explosive flame, paralyze, poison, freeze, counter.

/Aslo added everyone upto Dragonfly on the friend list sheet

Neiteio

I'm starting to feel kind of depressed that Sakurai isn't making a sequel to this game right now. :( But that's me being selfish; there's a TON here to keep someone occupied for years, really. Breeding the perfect weapon, conquering levels at higher difficulties, clearing the 360 achievements across the three treasure hunt walls (who knows, maybe there's a fourth one!), collecting the 400+ idols (at this rate it might be 500+ or 600+!), besting Boss Rush at high difficulties, playing multiplayer or simply taking the time to really soak up the sights and sounds of Solo, which follows a three-act structure that's effectively three campaigns in one... Man. Each character gets quite a bit of mileage too, from the many gods and goddesses down to the lowliest grunt, which is another thing I love. There's so much to the lore in this game that its fans will have a wealth of material for their imaginations to chew until we hopefully get a sequel. This game!

Also, in multiplayer I'm clearing out crowds, rocking Pandora Claws. Pandora is definitely one of my favorite bosses, btw. I love her level (Chapter 5) and I love the more spoilerish bits involving her elsewhere in the game...

This game is incredible, not much else I can say at this point.

Well, other than I've spent almost two hours futzing around in just the first two chapters.

JKTrix

Awesome games y'all. Dark Vs. Light is so much fun. Wish I could see some kind f match history, the results screen doesn't stay up long enough.

Bullza2o

I'm starting to feel kind of depressed that Sakurai isn't making a sequel to this game right now. :( But that's me being selfish; there's a TON here to keep someone occupied for years, really. Breeding the perfect weapon, conquering levels at higher difficulties, clearing the 360 achievements across the three treasure hunt walls (who knows, maybe there's a fourth one!), collecting the 400+ idols (at this rate it might be 500+ or 600+!), besting Boss Rush at high difficulties, playing multiplayer or simply taking the time to really soak up the sights and sounds of Solo, which follows a three-act structure that's effectively three campaigns in one... Man. Each character gets quite a bit of mileage too, from the many gods and goddesses down to the lowliest grunt, which is another thing I love. There's so much to the lore in this game that its fans will have a wealth of material for their imaginations to chew until we hopefully get a sequel. This game!

Also, in multiplayer I'm clearing out crowds, rocking Pandora Claws. Pandora is definitely one of my favorite bosses, btw. I love her level (Chapter 5) and I love the more spoilerish bits involving her elsewhere in the game...
There's at least 3 treasure hunt walls?! O_O

It's kind of frustrating that if you find a weapon you love, there's no way to just stick with it if you want to upgrade. Also, I want to find a really nice staff. I like that sniper role.

Oh, and a tip for people starting out: use claws. Easily the best newbie weapon IMO.

kiri

Loving the presentation and music so far, but....living in Japan, if your Japanese skills aren't near fluent, there is a lot you're missing out on. I may have to double dip on this game, though that requires buying a UK 3DS :/

Can you guys add me? I need friends to play this with. For some insane reason, my campus internet will work when I join a specific game, through the friends list, but it always screws up when it tries to matchmake.

1676-3675-9388

Busaiku

I don't get how people can like Orbitars.
They're so slow and do such little damage.

What benefit do they have at all.
Maybe the Guardian Orbitars, since they can block stuff.

Wanted to like them.

Top Bottom