• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detroit: Become Human EGX Old/New gameplay

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
This game feels like the culmination of all Quantic Dreams prior games and I mean that in the best way. It feels like they've finally got a pretty good grip on the kind of open ended cinematic game they've been trying to make for a long time now. Not only is the hardware their to support their vision but even the gameplay and story telling seem to have been stream lined and fleshed out enough to give the player a ton of interesting choices and reactions. Really curious to see how the final game turns out and the whole thing builds on the promise of these demos.

pelican

Day 3 of EGX tomorrow and Detroit is the first port of call. Tried to squeeze it in this afternoon, but no joy.

tok9

The only major feedback I had regarding the game was that when you go to examine an item, you move to certain points to analyse something. For some odd reason, movement is switched to the right analog stick and the left stick is disabled. It's a bit odd so I just suggested making the left stick active too.

Very impressive demo though. I hope the rest of the game holds up to the same standards and outcomes.

Cardon

Looks outstanding. I've always enjoyed QD's work, though Beyond was iffy at times, but this really does seem to be a culmination of everything they've worked on for the past decade.

Production values look great and I think this will have a ton of potential among those who stream since the story/action options look really varied.

Drewfonse

That looked pretty damn impressive. If the over arching story is compelling, hooooboy.

Now...when is this releasing? My money's on Summer 2018.

Alienous

How they show the options you've unlocked for yourself through investigation is really cool.

It's reminding me of a streamlined LA Noire.

eloxx

What is EGX?

It used to be the eurogamer expo, now its just the three letters.

On topic: I have played the Detroit demo here on the show floor two times already. And my god is it good. Its the game of the show for me. The sound design is brilliant and kept me going throughout the scene. I started to care about the people right away, it is so well done.

It used to be the eurogamer expo, now its just the three letters.

On topic: I have played the Detroit demo here on the show floor two times already. And my god is it good. Its the game of the show for me. The sound design is brilliant and kept me going throughout the scene. I started to care about the people right away, it is so well done.

From what I saw, this looks much much deeper than than any Quantic Dream they did before. Also the atmosphere looks more captivating.

I was really impressed with Detroit at EGX, it looks incredible. The hostage situation on the roof shows off the seriously impressive graphics. The water particles blowing across the roof coming from the outdoor pool because of the helicopter hovering above, looks so good.

This could be QD's best game, it definitely left me wanting to play more.

Dash_

Looks like usual David Cage to me so far. About on par with Channel 4's Humans when it comes to handling the subject matter with subtlety.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Im not the biggest fan of Quantic Dream games but I like stories about robot and androids and artificial intelligent so I might give this a try.

One question came to mind while watching this. Do you think the androids here would be more happy in NieR Automata's world?

kyser73

Day 1. The last two decisions in the second playthough gave me an actual feeling of tension, and if this is indicative of the rest of the game we're in for a treat.

Dremorak

Banned
at 8:16 this is brilliant, this object interaction should be standard by now

The only reason this happens is because its a heavily scripted sequence and its worthwhile spending the time to make it happen. When you are running around the bigger open areas this type of interaction wont happen, nor should it tbh. Games are too big and take too long to make already. Theres a reason this type of interaction isnt standard.

This comment comes across as one of those "lazy dev" ones that really grind my gears

Top Bottom