• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X Story Trailer Koming 9am EST, likely to reveal multiple characters

Khezu

Oh hey, it's that guy from the comic.
C0HuAGv.png

DasRaven

Jacqueline Briggs, daughter of Jax
Takashi Takeda, son of Kenshi
Kung Jin, descendant of Kung Lao

Mileena as the big bad (or the herald) could be super cool.

Did we also glimpse a stage fatality on Kotal?

Just to clarify, now that I've slow-mo'd the entire video:
Briggs has pseudo-bionic arms with gun barrels in them (XRAY on Ermac).
Takeda seems to have some kind of whip mechanism in his gauntlets (seen killing FerraTor).
Kung Jin is the bow/arrow guy (fatality on Reptile)

Tons of alts in this video also. (Mileena, Human Scorp & Sub obviously, Hoodless Ermac, and the new folks).

I'm guessing the Skull-masked goon will be the training mode dummy/Meat characters for MKX.

stn

Here's hoping you can play as Erron Black, he's my first choice of main. This game looks incredible.

Nzyme32

I saw:

Jackie Brigs (Jax's decendant)
Takashi Takida (Kenshi's decendant)
Kung Jin (Kung Lao descendant)
Milina
Sindel (possible zombie/resurrection)
Shinnok

There is also another female character in similar zombie/resurrection form

Edit - no shang Tsung, only amulet sucking Shinnok. Booooo, bring Shang Tsung

SSReborn

So is this scorpion??

rjnWhmK.png

Two swords, throws a spear just like scorpion is this his regular costume, seeing as the other one might be his alt?

vg260

Cool. I really wish they had gone with 60fps for the cutscenes as well, but looks like it's going to be like MK9 again, and they want to save space I guess.

Gamersyde has replaced the trailer posted by Blim with a slightly better one: http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_mortal_kombat_x_story_trailer-34152_en.html
Don't know why they didn't go 60fps this time.

If the story is all pre-rendered video, it might makes sense for space purposes. If it's all real-time, then there's no good justification for it, just that cinematic feel nonsense.

Top Bottom