• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X Story Trailer Koming 9am EST, likely to reveal multiple characters

So to sum up...

hmTEFei.jpg

13 characters have been shown so far. We already know that Goro is another one.

That leaves 11 characters to go. So with the latest trailer we already saw:

1. Jackie Brigs (Jax's decendant)
2. Takashi Takida (Kenshi's decendant)
3. Kung Jin (Kung Lao descendant)
4. Rain
5. Mileena
6. Sindel
7. Erron Black
8. Baraka (?)
9. Shinok (?)
10. Johny Cage (?)
11. Sonya Blade (?)

I'll go on to say that Kitana-evil lady is Kitana's alt form...

Either this aint right or there is more than 24.
Sindel looks costume wise very similar to her MK9 one, Rain looks Armageddon, and I am not too sure on Barake being playable (hopefully he is)

But going by the leak there's still another 1 or possibly 2
Leak spoiler
Salazar is looking to be Erron Black as someone already said, but BoRaicho was leaked from that live action leak and so far they have all being correct

and especially with a clear and what could look like
Liu Kang
from the tower

Shaanyboi

Banned
So the lady talking about her village was Li Mei right? Not that I give a shit about Li Mei, but just thought that seemed to be her.

Also I'm willing to bet some of the classic fighters appear purely as wraiths in the story mode or something.

So to sum up...

hmTEFei.jpg

4. Rain
5. Mileena
6. Sindel
7. Erron Black
8. Baraka (?)
9. Shinok (?)
10. Johny Cage (?)
11. Sonya Blade (?)

We're forgetting some things here... like the factions video that IGN put out showed Jax and Sonya... and there's 4 DLC slots.

EDIT- actually now that I'm looking at those tower shots people thought were Jax- looks a LOT like Takashi

Dr. Buni

I think Sonya, Johnny, Kenshi and Jax aren't playable (being replaced by their kids). The screenshot above proves nothing about Jax and we don't know enough about the factions thingy to assume Sonya is playable due to her appearance in the feature.

Anyways, hope they announce Liu Kang next. Or not, if he is the big bad, chances are they will keep him as a secret until the release.

Ont

Yeah I think it would be too weird to have parents and kids in the same MK game fighting each other. Cassie Cage is basically Johny Cage and Sonya in one character and more, I don't see the point of adding the parents to the game. Give those character slots to unique classic characters like Smoke and Sektor.

DR2K

Banned
I think Sonya, Johnny, Kenshi and Jax aren't playable (being replaced by their kids). The screenshot above proves nothing about Jax and we don't know enough about the factions thingy to assume Sonya is playable due to her appearance in the feature.

Anyways, hope they announce Liu Kang next. Or not, if he is the big bad, chances are they will keep him as a secret until the release.

Sonya would be the only factions character not playable, since the rest were already revealed. Neither of Cassie's styles replicates any of Sonyas moves. Like Kitana does for Jade.

Yeah I think it would be too weird to have parents and kids in the same MK game fighting each other. Cassie Cage is basically Johny Cage and Sonya in one character and more, I don't see point of adding the parents to the game. Give those character slots to unique classic characters like Smoke and Sektor.

Johnny Cage and Sonya are unique characters. And Sindel vs Kitana has already happened.

Dr. Buni

Sonya would be the only factions character not playable, since the rest were already revealed. Neither of Cassie's styles replicates any of Sonyas moves. Like Kitana does for Jade.
We don't know all characters that appear in the faction feature, though, so we can't say Sonya is the only one. She might be playable, but I think she is not.

DR2K

Banned
We don't know all characters that appear in the faction feature, though, so we can't say Sonya is the only one. She might be playable, but I think she is not.

I was talking about the ones featured on the banners. Everyone else was playable. Not sure why she'd be excluded.

Yeah I think it would be too weird to have parents and kids in the same MK game fighting each other. Cassie Cage is basically Johny Cage and Sonya in one character and more, I don't see point of adding the parents to the game. Give those character slots to unique classic characters like Smoke and Sektor.

You have Scorpion and Takashi already... Takashi is a mix of Scorpion and Kenshi.

Thores

There's literally an achievement for killing your own family members 50 times. Netherrrealm don't give a fuck lol

That was a fake achievement list.

Also, I'm not saying familicide won't happen, but Sindel and Kitana are both warriors that betray each other in the canon multiple times. Jax just ripping his daughter's head off feels a little different contextually.

Miles X

So to sum up...

hmTEFei.jpg

4. Rain
5. Mileena
6. Sindel
7. Erron Black
8. Baraka (?)
9. Shinok (?)
10. Johny Cage (?)
11. Sonya Blade (?)

Nah. Only 5 in the trailer are playable.

Also, the roster size isn't locked at 25/26 just because of that select screen, numerous MK games have shipped with different select screens and more slots than the demo/dev mode has shown.

By my count there are at least 7 more reveals to come, if not more.

You have Scorpion and Takashi already... Takashi is a mix of Scorpion and Kenshi.

Difference being if Kenshi is not in the game you have a whole side to Takeda that is unique. Cage and Sonya are both redundant because they're present in Cassie.

Top Bottom