• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasteland 2 Announced for Xbox One

Corpekata

Banned
Good game, Xbox folks should pick it up. Presuming some of those changes will be hitting the PC version.

The game's pretty narrative heavy right? Sounds right up my alley if so.

I'll be able to play it now :)

Extremely. Probably the one way it stands out really. Combat and whatnot are mostly on the average side.

epmode

Neat!

Judging from the last Kickstarter update, I'm almost positive that those upgrades will be released for the PC version as well.

Denton

Looking forward to the updates in the PC version. I wonder if they would implement controller support as well, might be cool to try out on TV. Although with the amount of reading...monitor will still be preferable.

jond76

Banned
This was a kickstarter I gave to knowing that I'd probably never play it. Not a big PC game, but I wanted this to get made.

Now I'll get to play it!

epmode

Will the PC version get the graphics overhaul?

From the most recent Kickstarter update:

We recently released the sixth major patch for Wasteland 2, which added Steam achievements for Mac and Linux, cleaned up some issues that were sitting on our lists, and included another pass on text and localization to make sure even the finest details are polished as best they can be. You can read the full patch notes here.

Part of the newfound freedom we’ve gained from being an exclusively crowdfunded company is that it allows us to offer a high level of post-release support. While this is normal practice for an active multiplayer game, we believe that the ongoing improvements to the single player experience in Wasteland 2 are worth the time and money. The game truly continues to be a passion project for the team here at inXile.

And we’re not done yet…

If you've been keeping a close eye on things, you might have heard tell that we're looking at doing some more balancing and improvements of Wasteland 2 in the future. We have expanded our original plan and decided that this is going to be a part of something much larger for all our fans.

In pursuit of this goal, one task we're working on right now is migrating the Wasteland 2 codebase from the Unity 4.5 engine to Unity 5, which will enable some new possibilities for us. A major benefit of moving to Unity 5 is that 5 will include many of the tools from Unity 4.x Pro. We relied on many of these tools during our development (like creating and building navigation meshes), and they will be available to modders without having to pay thousands of dollars for a Pro Unity license. There is no doubt that this migration will allow us to release better tools for modding to our community in the future.

So what’s the “something bigger” that I teased earlier? Let’s just say that the Orange County lifestyle might be getting to us as the game will be receiving a facelift. Unity 5 offers physically based shading, which is already starting to look amazing in the scenes we’ve touched up.

As well as visual improvements, we have quite a few quirky tricks up our sleeves. The character system is getting perked up and will include some new elements to modify gameplay. Of course, more details will be released in the future so stay tuned!
So:

Yes.

I hope PC also gets the controller support.

Geoff9920

I know they mentioned the change to Unity 5 being a free update recently. It wouldn't surprise if some of the other changes get carried over as well.

edit: too slow... I see someone posted the kickstarter update.

Skelter

Banned
Really wonder how it will sell on Xbox. After Dragon Age I'd like to see what Xbox owners think of a good RPG.

Game was such a disappointment :/

Interesting world building but the combat was so dull and it was ugly as sin. Hope this version smooths out the rough edges.

Memory

I was very disappointed in this game, i got about 7 hours in and quit. I might give it another try at some point but it wasn't actually very fun despite being well thought out and made.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Controller support for Wasteland 2? Please tell me it's coming to PC.

The inability to comfy couch this game was the only negative aspect.

Will Pillars of Eternity follow?

Highly unlikely. Pillars combat is real time with pause with tons of skills for every character and no AI presets or macros. Would be extremely challenging on a controller.

Wasteland 2's combat is a boring version of X-Com's essentially.

Grief.exe

Controller support for Wasteland 2? Please tell me it's coming to PC.

The inability to comfy couch this game was the only negative aspect.

Hopefully alleviated naturally within the next few months.

leak_controller.png

Fjordson

Even though I don't have a One, this is pretty sweet news. Always hopeful for more RPG's to make the jump to PS4/Xbone.

Top Bottom