• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony now doing beta tests for PS4 firmware

Ramza

Banned
EDIT: Removed because it's apparently under NDA. I was just given the screencap, but I don't want to get anyone in trouble.

Wow, that lasted a whopping 0 seconds of privacy.

Surprised it cut out the features though, that's a good thing for whoever leaked this.

Mikey Jr.

Yep, stolen straight from Xbone.

And I have absolutely no fucking problems with this. MS is doing good with that program.

Sir TapTap

I've been meaning to send in a PS MVP application for a while...

Umh, I don't know if this is a good thing, actually. Sony is famous to release faulty firmware, so hell, I'm afraid to install an official release, no way I'll beta-test a firmware.

On the other hand, more beta testers means less issues in full releases. Win-win

Remark

Banned
Why only for MVP's though. I think they should make it "public" invite some people who invite more people in etc.

Ashkeloth

Interesting idea, but I wouldn't participate personally.

At least a couple of updates that I remember Sony releasing have broken or temporarily disabled systems and they made it through testing.

Noobcraft

Here are the main features:

Stability.

Good on Sony for trying this out though. It's working well for Microsoft.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Getting some stability updates early.

Sounds great.
giphy.gif

I most certainly can't wait to test out some stability.

But seriously, hopefully this means that meaningful updates will come much much faster.

Why only for MVP's though. I think they make it "public" invite some people who invite more people in etc.

Who knows? Might be how they're doing the program now, direction wise. Note: I am an MVP, but I don't know diddly.

Don't shoot the messenger. He never told me to keep it secret!

If Sony finds out who it is, you just fucked him over in the worst way.

Ascenion

Hoping it is like Microsoft's program where people already in can invite friends. They'll need all the people they can to make sure it's stable.....*wink* *wink*

These stability jokes are going to be absolutely hilarious in hindsight if there are significant features in this thing

Elios83

But Sony has already beta tested all their major firmware releases so far :D It's nothing new :p

No seriously this at least will give people more infos on what's coming next so it's a good thing.

Ibuki

Banned
It doesn't say that the e-mail is under NDA (unless I am blind) but it only shows a couple features. The rest are locked behind a private beta tester forum that explicitly says it cannot be shared.

Top Bottom