• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony now doing beta tests for PS4 firmware

Probably. Which is the respectful thing to do, since he/she is getting this access on the MVP forum.

I'm guessing talking about the beta access isn't wrong, but it seems pretty rude to give away the feature details. I'm guessing there isn't anything wrong with your pic, as it doesn't talk about the details of any features.

I was under the assumption that your friend told you about the features itself.

This is true.

Jomjom

Banned
Wow I'm surprised at some of the features listed. Not bad, but not groundbreaking either though so don't get your hopes up guys!

darkwing

lol, content under NDA leaks here and throughout the internet all the time.

No idea what's going in this thread with people being super worried about it. It's not GAF's concern if someone decided to leak information they shouldn't.

some GAF people are in the MVP program, Sony might shutdown the program if the NDA keeps on being violated

*shrugs*

Elios83

Yup btw I was expecting 2.5 by the of March =)
Basically this beta test is made to avoid having to release 2.5.1 and 2.5.2 versions fixing bugs in the next two weeks following the official release.

Derpyduck

Banned
Its not a bad idea its just kinda dangerous

If the person posts his PSN id, or that of his friend who received the email, sure it might get them kicked out of the beta program. Otherwise, not dangerous to anyone here. It's not GAF's job to enforce Sony's NDA. It's Sony's job to do that.

MS preview program isn't open, is it? I haven't been able to join

Open in the sense that anyone in it can invite you to join.

Ramza

Banned
Probably. Which is the respectful thing to do, since he/she is getting this access on the MVP forum.

I'm guessing talking about the beta access isn't wrong, but it seems pretty rude to give away the feature details. I'm guessing there isn't anything wrong with your pic, as it doesn't talk about the details of any features.

I was under the assumption that your friend told you about the features itself.

Nope. What he sent me was quite literally what's in the OP. I've made some PSA threads about beta tests before (Bloodborne and Tomorrow Children), so it's probably why I got picked.

onQ123

I say that the people in the know should leak some real features & some BS features.

because chances are someone is going to leak this info by the end of the week so tossing some BS into the mix will still keep the info hidden even in plan view.

Let's try and have this feature go smoothly without people leaking it ahead of time.

That being said, please use the feedback forms. It only helps, not hinders.

Wow I'm surprised at some of the features listed. Not bad, but not groundbreaking either though so don't get your hopes up guys!

Will I have the option of my PlayStation to greet me in a computer-generated voice and say "GOOD MORNING, HANDSOME" every time I turn it on?

Confirm or deny, coward.

jediyoshi

No idea what's going in this thread with people being super worried about it. It's not GAF's concern if someone decided to leak information they shouldn't.

Except that person is directly tied to OP and not random second hand source with the news being led by the information itself.

SerTapTap

I say that the people in the know should leak some real features & some BS features.

because chances are someone is going to leak this info by the end of the week so tossing some BS into the mix will still keep the info hidden even in plan view.

This would piss so many people off if the BS features were good ones though

hawk2025

some GAF people are in the MVP program, Sony might shutdown the program if the NDA keeps on being violated

*shrugs*

It's not your or anyone's place to try to control information on GAF, *especially* if you have a vested interest in it by being in some program.

Let the mods deal with it if they wish, but there's nothing different here than any given post about information that has leaked before PR statements were ready.

Except that person is directly tied to OP and not random second hand source with the news being led by the information itself.

So?

This would piss so many people off if the BS features were good ones though

2.50 Update Features
-Option to turn your PlayStation 4 on and off by blowing it a kiss
-More streaming service apps that cannot be deleted
-100 in-game gold pieces and special skin
-Ability to adjust television volume via television remote
-Suspend/Resume your own state of consciousness with the press of a button

Paxem

Banned
If people leak the features Sony will either keep the program but without NDA so basically the day they announce the features is the day MVP members will have the update to try it, or they will stop this program Asap or at least narrow it to a very small group

Ocelott

2.50 Update Features
Well there it is... Hope you are all happy

SSReborn

Prediction: this is the PlayStation Music beta. I also expect that this will be the DNLA update.
Well my phone (xperia) says on March 29 music unlimited will end and be replaced with Spotify on Playstation so it isn't too farfetched to believe that it will be included.

Metfanant

*shrugs*

no way are they going to shut down the program. They need beta testers and they know it. The mobile phone scene is WAAYYY worse. Not only do people break NDAs and talk about things like soak tests, but if your phone is rooted you grab the update file off the SD card and leak the whole damn thing to the world...

the OEMs dont actually mind as it gets the firmware into more hands then they normally would be able to reach...they read forums, they hear about bugs...

heck, there are even instances of mobile phone OEMs (Motorola in particular) deliberately leaking firmware builds into the wild to see how things workout...

Sony is not going to dump their beta program because somebody talks about a firmware update

Jomjom

Banned
Today I learned that tons of GAF members are PlayStation MVP's.

Well this is SonyGAF remember?

no way are they going to shut down the program. They need beta testers and they know it. The mobile phone scene is WAAYYY worse. Not only do people break NDAs and talk about things like soak tests, but if your phone is rooted you grab the update file off the SD card and leak the whole damn thing to the world...

the OEMs dont actually mind as it gets the firmware into more hands then they normally would be able to reach...they read forums, they hear about bugs...

heck, there are even instances of mobile phone OEMs (Motorola in particular) deliberately leaking firmware builds into the wild to see how things workout...

Sony is not going to dump their beta program because somebody talks about a firmware update

I really hope so because the Playstation MVP program is so much more than betas. I've been invited to all kinds of events and I really would hate to lose that.

Derpyduck

Banned
If people leak the features Sony will either keep the program but without NDA so basically the day they announce the features is the day MVP members will have the update to try it, or they will stop this program Asap or at least narrow it to a very small group

Or maybe they'll look at how MS does it and then stop being dickheads. Maybe.

Paxem

Banned
2.50 Update Features

You forgot The last guardian free for everyone the moment they update their PS4s and no you can't delete from the UI

Blanquito

Probably not a good idea to leak BS features and get everyone's hope up, just to be let down when said BS features aren't released.

Noobcraft

It definitely wouldn't surprise me if it had Background music playback/Spotify integration, as well as DLNA support and stability.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops

WHAT IF THEY ARE, THOUGH?!?!!??!?!!

What if Sony decides that the circle of trust was broken. Their feelings will be hurt.
They will surely think it's preferable to have the negative press with unstable stability firmwares.

Maybe they won't even support the PS4. Everyone will have to play on Ouya.

SerTapTap

What if Sony decides that the circle of trust was broken. Their feelings will be hurt.
They will surely think it's preferable to have the negative press with unstable stability firmwares.

Ever since the leak I can feel my PS4 getting less and less stable. It has already collapsed into a small black hole

Paxem

Banned

tumblr_static_darkest_timeline_header.jpg

Top Bottom