• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XII localization info

Amir0x

Banned
Jonnyram, Bebpo, duckroll... a bunch of liars anyway. This is the best FF ever made, they all need to accept it and move on. God Matsuno is so great. I wonder if he is alive still so I can have sex with him somehow. If he's willing, of course.

Shouta

Amir0x said:
Jonnyram, Bebpo, duckroll... a bunch of liars anyway. This is the best FF ever made, they all need to accept it and move on. God Matsuno is so great. I wonder if he is alive still so I can have sex with him somehow. If he's willing, of course.

I see someone has been taking some hallucinogens.

neptunes

The real good news of the localization though is that Alexander O. Smith has gone balls-out Vagrant Story with the translation. So expect some very flowery (in the good way) psuedo old-English dialogue with more than a few Shakespearean double-entendres.

At E3 I confirmed two things unofficially. One is that Matsuno is still technically at Square. Secondly, is that he became "sick" as opposed to sick.

Good news on both accounts.

Bebpo

Banned
Amir0x said:

...the boards have ears, they do...

littlewig

Banned
Himuro said:
Why don't they say it's not the best FF?

Double negative my friend!

I''m glad they are releasing the game in Oct. I was expecting a Nov release date, which wouldn't have been too good for my wallet...

Amir0x

Banned
Himuro said:
Why do they say it's not the best FF?

Something about the ending and some issues with the battle system/gambit system. But whatever, it's all lies. Look at them come in and try to defend their evil Matsuno-slandering lies. It's almost gross.

Get away guys, you'll ruin FFXII for all the non-haters :(

duckroll

Amir0x said:

What the fuck brother. Why are you grouping me with that bunch of traitorous beasts? I love Matsuno. :(

>_<

T_T

;_;

-_-

._.

Amir0x

Banned
duckroll said:
What the fuck brother. Why are you grouping me with that bunch of traitorous beasts? I love Matsuno. :(

>_<

T_T

;_;

-_-

._.

sorry sometimes i mix things up in my head. you know, when i haven't slept for two days and also missed my medication.

Shouta

Himuro said:
Final Fantasy's have great battle systems? That's almost non issue to me in regards to a FF unless it's fun as hell, like say, FFT or FFX-2.

And since when have Final Fantasy's been great near the end? THey almost always fall apart near the end.

Standard battle systems, usually great customization systems.

Neo_Dasus

Amir0x said:

:monoclepop:

Well I think its a lot more fun than DQ8, which was the last RPG I slogged through (don't get me wrong, I loved it). I'm just kind of worried about the story and things like that, I haven't heard excellent things about that department.

But it's like..THE first real FF in 5 years. :p

That's the point. ;)

Shouta

Himuro said:
And how is the customization in FFXII so bad?

I got a large post on the entire game on my HD that needs to be proofread and this is most definitely a sizable chunk of that =P. The gist is this though: License board is poorly laid out, characters are all essentially the same (with a few stat differences), you can purchase all the skills on the board and then are free to use them at any given time after purchasing them(well, there is a bit of a penalty but I'll get into in the post).

Jonnyram

Amir0x, I haven't finished it.
I still love it at the point where I am, though some of the outdoor areas are a little too big :)

Amir0x

Banned
i swear Jonnyram if you end up only thinking it's "sort of great" instead of "ultra great, best FF ever" by the end you're off my friend list too. My friend list is sort of lonely so i may leave your name on and pretend to scratch it off, or I'll get depressed :(

Zweisy1

At E3 I confirmed two things unofficially. One is that Matsuno is still technically at Square. Secondly, is that he became "sick" as opposed to sick.

You know, the Japanese version of fired that Sakaguchi went through.

If that's true I hope Matsuno leaves Square Enix.. the guy deserves better.

Shouta

Zweisy1 said:
If that's true I hope Matsuno leaves Square Enix.. the guy deserves better.

He's good but folks overrate him, most of his games have some serious issues. He has a great eye for scope but he really bumbles with the details.

Amir0x

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
See Amirox's posts in this topic.

I'm sorry, my love is legit and based on awesome gameplay and story. It's not some revelatory wank-off game for those who have never played RPGs before. FFXII is the future. No random battles, lots of hefty customization, huge explorable worlds. It's the win.

Diablos

Amir0x said:
:lol what

Red Scarlet

Amir0x said:
I'm sorry, my love is legit and based on awesome gameplay and story. It's not some revelatory wank-off game for those who have never played RPGs before. FFXII is the future. No random battles, lots of hefty customization, huge explorable worlds. It's the win.

Compared to those of us who've gone through it? lolz

The "customization" is very limited. I hope you don't get disappointed in October.

Amir0x

Banned
Diablos said:
:lol what

you're right, he wouldn't even have to be willing! :shifty:

Red Scarlet said:
Compared to those of us who've gone through it? lolz

The "customization" is very limited. I hope you don't get disappointed in October.

Disappointed in what? Are they suddenly gonna add random battles? :lol

Diablos

I'm looking forward to XII. But the news about the voice acting, as I said, sucks.

Red Scarlet said:
:(

Zweisy1

He's good but folks overrate him, most of his games have some serious issues. He has a great eye for scope but he really bumbles with the details.

Don't get me wrong, I do think he's overrated by hardcore games. All of his games so far has had their fair share of flaws.. like the balance issues of FFT and horribly designed, unintuitive menus of Vagrant Story etc.. That said, I think his stuff is still loads more interesting than most of the games coming out of Square Enix.

Amir0x

Banned
duckroll said:
Well it's going to be in English. Japanese > English! Disappointment total! :lol

I wasn't expecting that though, so there's nothing to be disappointed over! But for Yakuza, then it really sucks ;)

Red Scarlet

No, I am talking about how limited that the customization is. You choose different stuff to equip to people. Why you wouldn't get spells for everyone is just as much "customization" as choosing what Materia to buy and not to buy in FF7.

That is why I say he may be disappointed, there isn't much "customization" when you actually play the game unless you force to not have a character buy a square or not.

Kangu

Banned
Himuro said:
"So expect some very flowery (in the good way) psuedo old-English dialogue with more than a few Shakespearean double-entendres."

O shit. I thought that was Dyac's turff.

Mandoric

Banned
Amir0x said:

Have you played the game?

I think FF12 is excellent, definitely top-tier in the series (IMO, comparing to 5 and 6) and best on optical disc; I also think that there are a couple of major flaws. Note that the major flaws tend to be connected to situations where it's blatantly obvious Matsuno wasn't involved.

As for customization, it's really what you make of it. I personally would've preferred borrowing a little more from FFXI in terms of skills, but it's definitely FF5-like in that characters have aptitudes and if you want everyone to be able to do everything you're gonna be there for a long while. On a standard playthrough you'll have lots of specialization.

Amir0x

Banned
Adagio said:
Yessa. Final Fantasies have been very hit-and-miss for me.

people said Rogue Galaxy feels like a poor mans FFXII, but it's probably awesome too (
we have a lot of Dark Cloud 2 haters around here, you gotta be careful where you discuss these things
)

Shouta

Mandoric said:
I think FF12 is excellent, definitely top-tier in the series (IMO, comparing to 5 and 6) and best on optical disc; I also think that there are a couple of major flaws. Note that the major flaws tend to be connected to situations where it's blatantly obvious Matsuno wasn't involved.

Definitely nowhere near the top for as far as FF games go for me. In fact, this is probably one of my least liked FF games, post-SNES anyway. And yeah, there's several problems that you can see that Matsuno wasn't connected to but then there are others that you can see where he IS involved.

Amir0x

Banned
Whatever Shouta, go wait for your next crappy random battle FF while we enjoy the future then. WE DONT NEED YOUR KIND.

Bebpo

Banned
Adagio said:
Yessa. Final Fantasies have been very hit-and-miss for me. And Rogue Galaxy looks more interesting...

Rogue Galaxy has nothing on FFXII. I hope they come out at the same time and RG sells nothing! It was pretty lame of Sony/Level5 to do an FFXII clone (a poor man's one at that) while FFXII was stuck in limbo.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
So is this non-game actually good or not? I haven't actually played a new non-game in years (the last one being uh....Xenosaga Ep1?) and I'm kinda wondering if they've become good or wose in all this time. I like random battles in my non-games so that's one negative agasinst this one. Who should I side with? (Whichever one my Scarlet is on!)

Top Bottom