• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XII localization info

Amir0x

Banned
Lindsay said:
So is this non-game actually good or not? I haven't actually played a new non-game in years (the last one being uh....Xenosaga Ep1?) and I'm kinda wondering if they've become good or wose in all this time. I like random battles in my non-games so that's one negative agasinst this one. Who should I side with? (Whichever one my Scarlet is on!)

disgusting.

Red Scarlet

Lindsay said:
So is this non-game actually good or not? I haven't actually played a new non-game in years (the last one being uh....Xenosaga Ep1?) and I'm kinda wondering if they've become good or wose in all this time. I like random battles in my non-games so that's one negative agasinst this one. Who should I side with? (Whichever one my Scarlet is on!)

Why do you call these non-games when you play .hack and Pokemon? Aren't they "non-games" too?

I don't know what side you'd be on. I like the game. Have since March. BUT, I didn't have my head up Matsuno's ass when the game was a week old like some people calling it BEST GAME/FF EVER. It's a good game. It's not one of the best FF's IMO. I prefer other ones to it. But it is still a fun game the first time through. After that, the 'magic' goes away by a whole lot. Maybe if Shouta posts his big comments thing it will say some of what I would otherwise.

Good game. Not the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Amirox is too funny today. :lol

v-why'd Amirox delete his post?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Amir0x said:
disgusting.

???

Red Scarlet said:
Why do you call these non-games when you play .hack and Pokemon? Aren't they "non-games" too?

One's an action/rpg and the others a strategy game so no. And I am being serious here ;_;

WBUT, I didn't have my head up Matsuno's ass when the game was a week old like some people calling it BEST GAME/FF EVER.

I got no clue who he is and really don't care. It's all about the game for me.

It's not one of the best FF's IMO.

The last FF I played was 8 which I quickly returned to the rental shop~so 12 is better?

But it is still a fun game the first time through. After that, the 'magic' goes away by a whole lot.

Not very replayable? As long as the battle system is fun I'd probably find it replayable.

Red Scarlet

Oh, you said something funny in the post after mine, then it was replaced by a DIABLOS post.

Lindsay said:
One's an action/rpg and the others a strategy game so no. And I am being serious here ;_;

Which one is which?

Jonnyram

duckroll said:
I'll just like to add. FFXII is better than Ninety Nine Nights.
madeink.jpg

Lindsay said:
I got no clue who he is and really don't care. It's all about the game for me.

As long as the battle system is fun I'd probably find it replayable.

LIES! You actually like .hack games! Those are like the worst games in existence.

Red Scarlet

I'm not getting your non-game/game thing, maybe I shouldn't try.

Yes, that's a cap of FF12. I can make more, but there probably is no reason to (except Ashe avs later).

I don't know what the heck happened to this thread, but Alexander O. Smith = <3

Wonder if Matsuno will end up at Mistwalker or if he'll start his own new company.

Gattsu25

Banned
Lindsay said:
At least they are games.

Is that FF12? Characters look Suikoden IIIish except not terrible.
How on earth can you consider .Hacked an ARPG without considering FFXII an RPG in the slightest?

Don't get me wrong, I'm only bringing your intelligence into question, not .Hack's status as an ARPG

Red Scarlet

Not you too Error!! :(
I thought you were banz0rd?
Error is weird though, he had me record 2 hours of the game and watched them, along with random 30 mins earlier.

So Error is weird like Amirox.

Gattsu25

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
Error is weird though, he had me record 2 hours of the game and watched them, along with random 30 mins earlier.
eh? Have a link to those 2 hours? :b

CO_Andy

Shouta said:
Definitely nowhere near the top for as far as FF games go for me. In fact, this is probably one of my least liked FF games, post-SNES anyway.
A non-linear Final Fantasy would wet your apetite. Am i rite?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Gattsu25 said:
How on earth can you consider .Hacked an ARPG without considering FFXII an RPG in the slightest?

Why do you think I'm inquiring about 12? I don't know nothing about it. I label it a non-game since all of the past FF's I've played were.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Red Scarlet said:

So Error is weird like Amirox.
:lol you offered!

FFVI will always be the best FF :p

Red Scarlet

DarknessTear said:
Nuu it's an emulator D: But yeah your card is pretty bad. Blur city. D:

Well, its set to cap at a smaller resolution, so that's like 2x as big. At the resolution its set to, it doesn't look as bad (to me, anyway).

fwa2.png

Yay.

Gattsu25 said:
eh? Have a link to those 2 hours? :b

Only if Error still has them, I deleted them when he got them (was the first 2 hrs of the game w/ cutscenes and fmv).

If you want a random one, I can do that, it isn't a problem and I still get excited being able to do it.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Disappointed with the whole lip-syncing thing, that's what clinched the cut scenes for me. Oh well..

So Matsuno's left Square Enix eh?

Error

DarknessTear said:
Looks better
nice edit, I was going to remind you that you didn't want to import Mother 3 from europe because of an uuuuuuuu :p

Error

Red Scarlet said:
Only if Error still has them, I deleted them when he got them (was the first 2 hrs of the game w/ cutscenes and fmv).
yeah I still have them, who want the vids? I can upload them it will take awhile tho.

Error2k4 said:
nice edit, I was going to remind you that you didn't want to import Mother 3 from europe because of an uuuuuuuu :p

Yeah I had to edit becuase the pic was different. The pic got fixed and I noticed so I edited it. And yes I still hate dirty brit language. I'd also refuse to buy a game if they had text like "hello how are u guys 2day?".

Error

duckroll is being sarcastic I think, because I was being sarcastic when I made that comment :p

Are the voices really going to be that bad??? Ive put up with some bad voice acting before. And I remember in several key cutscenes(not the CG stuff) where the voices were off in FFX. I hope it doesnt happen here. If the "off-key" scenes are screwed up some, it doesnt matter so much. But at those "moments", it needs to be straight. That's when you're really paying attention :D

speedpop

I wouldn't hold my breath for it gamergirly. Regardless of what people have stated before, there has never been an RPG that has nailed voice acting down like it had for Metal Gear Solid. Closest thing to it was probably FFXII's JP version.

bluemax

Banned
Yeah the customization could've been so much better, maybe if every character had unique license boards or something. Summons seem next to worthless too.

At least Balflear is among the coolest FF lead characters to date. If they screw him up in any way for the NA version I'll be ticked to no end.

Adagio

kenta said:
duckroll said:
QTF! FFXII is the best FF ever for everyone who has never played it!
What do you mean by that?

Also crossing fingers for lip synching :/
It's a quote truth-fuck, man!

Oh, and I'm curious...for those of you who had the distinct pleasure of playing the import, which Final Fantasies do you feel are superior to 12? Or is Nostalgia being a bitch again?

speedpop

Superior to FFXII?

Hmm.. I never finished FFXII as I wanted to save it till English release so my opinion might be invalid, however I'll always adore FFVI.

I dunno, my processes of liking individual Final Fantasy's is weird as I don't compare them to each other - if I did, I'd be nothing but a vocalist supporter of FFVII being a mere FFVI rip off. They all have their own good and bad points and I get feelings/memories from each one differently so I cannot say which titles are better.

Error2k4 said:
who cares about VA?

can't be worse than SO2.
I can always record a rip of FFX's "laughter" scene for you and put it on repeat.

speedpop said:
I wouldn't hold my breath for it gamergirly. Regardless of what people have stated before, there has never been an RPG that has nailed voice acting down like it had for Metal Gear Solid. Closest thing to it was probably FFXII's JP version.

Digital Devil Saga (both) probably has the best RPG voice overs ever.

Top Bottom