• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep it is. Even Diggeh said the figures in the pictures are TOMY figures. Diggeh is the toy master if you did not know. He knows.

excellent. the dream for pokemon amiibos to be exclusively cards still lives. well still waiting for diggeh to answer my pm but dang it i wanna play type 0 before i go to bed(just bought it today) so I'll come back later tonight to see if he answered yet. if not I'll be chatting with you guys tomorrow.

Bass260

green-2.jpg

fire-2-1024x576.jpg

water-2.jpg

source: atomix

i wish this was real :(

and yes I know I could buy the tomy figures (I already have) but that slick amiibo packaging man.

Joei

I'm guessing two more exclusives. Uh, Pac-Man and Charizard. Target and Toys R Us, respectively.

Yay, I'm glad Ganondorf and Zero Suit Samus got announced and look great! Wish they were coming soon though. Those are the last two I really want.

Last? PSSH!! Who do I want? EVERYONE.gif

ZSS' pose is weird and her "stand" is even weirder. Oh well can't be as good as the figuarts or Figma or whatever $100+ one there is out there.

SaviourMK2

Considering my heart condition, that picture of the Pokemon amiibos was cruel.

But sorry guys I had to vote for Metal Sonic

I'm guessing two more exclusives. Uh, Pac-Man and Charizard. Target and Toys R Us, respectively.

Nope. GameStop is getting all the original 6 from Wave 4. Jigglypuff and Greninja are unknown. My guess is they're retail exclusives. Where? Who knows. Prob Walgreens and Kmart.

Considering my heart condition, that picture of the Pokemon amiibos was cruel.

But sorry guys I had to vote for Metal Sonic

Can't you vote more than once?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Nope. GameStop is getting all the original 6 from Wave 4. Jigglypuff and Greninja are unknown. My guess is they're retail exclusives. Where? Who knows. Prob Walgreens and Kmart.

LMAO. Walgreen would be easy but the workers probably would mess it up.

Well, I think people can but they asked us nicely to not vote more than one times but many people are going to break that anyway.

Brian★;158507089 said:
I'm pretty sure that Ness is the only exclusive, considering that all other Amiibos are preorderable tomorrow at Gamestop?

Nope. Jigglypuff and Greninja are unknown as of now.

LMAO. Walgreen would be easy but the workers probably would mess it up.

Well, I think people can but they asked us nicely to not vote more than one times but many people are going to break that anyway.

Ahh I must have missed Iwata asking that. He doesn't listen to us so why should I listen to him? Just kidding Iwata! Please make Crono happen. I know you read all my posts...

SaviourMK2

I'm guessing they'll have a filtering system

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess I might swing by GS tomorrow to pre-order Ness to be safe. If they're available, maybe Pac-Man, Lucina, & Robin as well. Just glad I've got about 2 months beofre they're out, but damn, Wave 4 AND Splatoon amiibo AND Splatoon the game is gonna be killer on my already poor wallet....

Does anybody know if they're just gonna have regular preorders then? or is web-in-store the only way in store :(

Apparently they will have instore preorders. But I think Web In Store is the only option.

Anyways, if you pay by cash. Your preorder will be 99% secure. They can't refund that easily.

Completely new to amiibos, but for some reason got into my head that if there IS a Daisy I have to have it. Searched online and didn't see much. Will one eventually be released?

Completely new to amiibos, but for some reason got into my head that if there IS a Daisy I have to have it. Searched online and didn't see much. Will one eventually be released?

Daisy is not a selectable character in Super Smash Bros, so probably not in the Super Smash Bros amiibo. Maybe selectable costumes will come out soon. So don't keep your hopes down.

georly

Woof. I need 2 ness (one for me, one for stepkid), hopefully I can pull it off. Might have to ship one to my mom's house.

AdanVC

Diggeh!!! Thank you so much for putting the tons of new amiibo info released today together.
1388039344245143877.GIF

Omfg. so Greeninja and Jigglypuff are now part of wave 4?? So cool. What the heck I'm going to do to secure a Ness amiibo tomorrow when preorders open? Salvapot if you read this pleaseeeee (and if you can of course, no worries :))) help an amiibro out!! waaaa :c

I will have to buy millions of the plush yoshi.

Millions.

Yes omfg. they are the cutest. Even people who don't like/hate amiibos are already planning to buy a Yarn Yoshi amiibo.

terrisus

As someone who has never purchased an Amiibo, I just want to say -
The OP for this thread is pretty darn awesome.

I'm going to be back from vacation at almost exactly 2pm, so I should be able to snag them WIS. Should be open for at least a few days since scalpers can't just make a shitload of online orders to dry up stock like in past waves.

Piscus

Right, versus not getting them at all and having to pay a scalper/miss out. Two months isn't that far out.

Web-in-store only, seems to be the standard GS policy for limited stuff from now on.

Oh no, I agree. 'Tis a bitter reality. I was bringing up the slight annoyance of "pay two months in advance" being the only option, instead of throwing a few bucks down on each one and paying off little by little as the two months goes on.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I hate the fact I might be able to own all the Fire Emblem amiibo with Marth coming in May & maybe pre-ordering Robin & Lucina, but I can't use any of them in Codename Steam because no NFC Reader for OG 3DS & I don't have the funds to get a New 3DS XL (stupid car getting its exhaust broken & having to spend $100 out of my limited college budget).

I want to stay in the amiibo game but lack of funds might force me to quit eventually, or at least until I have a better source of income...

I hate the fact I might be able to own all the Fire Emblem amiibo with Marth coming in May & maybe pre-ordering Robin & Lucina, but I can't use any of them in Codename Steam because no NFC Reader for OG 3DS & I don't have the funds to get a New 3DS XL (stupid car getting its exhaust broken & having to spend $100 out of my limited college budget).

I want to stay in the amiibo game but lack of funds might force me to quit eventually, or at least until I have a better source of income...

Wait then, the NFC reader will be releasing alongside with Animal Crossing - Happy Home Designer. So excited for the game btw.

Piscus

Well, they may release the reader before (or when) the last two FE amiibo come out on May 29....

Hey Zonic! Sorry to hear that. I guess you just gotta pick and choose where to spend your money you know. If you're persistent enough (craigslist?) maybe you can score a good deal

Who else is in for special editions of both Yoshi and Splatoon? Both great looking amiibo.

I may have to get the Yarnshi Amiibo. I'm sure they'll come out with a 1000 thread count yarn retailer exclusive....

So...only Ness will be available for preorder tomorrow or all of them?

Not "all of them" - just Ness, Lucina, Robin, PacMan, Charizard, and Wario. Jigglypuff and Greninja are unknown.

Maengun1

So...only Ness will be available for preorder tomorrow or all of them?

Looks like it will be Ness/Lucina/Robin/Wario/Charizard/PacMan .... and possibly Splatoon?

I hope the other exclusives rumor is false tho and Jigglypuff and Greninja are there too, but it looks unlikely

Zubz

Banned
... I work at 2. I will be away from a computer until 6:30 PM at the earliest. Plus, Ness is an exclusive? Is this true suffering? *Sulks in a corner somewhere*

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I'll probably just have to continue being patient & get the NFC Reader once it's out. I just REALLY would like to upgrade my launch-day OG 3DS. Hopefully it's priced decently.

....aw crap, I forgot about Wario in Wave 4 as well, but at least I'm sure he'll be common.

So if pre-orders in store are going to be web-only I guess there's no point in waking up early to head by gamestop? May as well stay at home and pre-order online.

New thread, yowza! Hey there everyone! Been so caught up with Line chat that I'm never here anymore, but I had to come back to see Diggeh's new OT! Welcome everyone, hope you enjoy your time here, because DIGGEH WILL NEVER LET YOU LEAVE.

scrambles

Neo Member
For such an informative thread I don't see anywhere when preorders go up. Anyone have information???

Tomorrow is gamestop exclusive Ness. How do I get one?
Also, have the others been announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom