• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory Vs.+: June 30 (US), pre-order bonus, more info

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Namco has confirmed that the US will be getting the game on June 30 for US & June 26 for EU via a new trailer & the description mentioning the following:

"Pre-order your physical copy at GameStop to get the J-Stars COMPENDIUM that includes art and information on all of the characters and franchises included in the game."

Pic of the book, via UK trailer, indicating it's both US & EU:

jH7lDAD.jpg

It seems it will be available at "select retailers", so not just GameStop. It seems to be similar, if not the same one that Japan got.

Edit: It seems according to Gematsu, there'll also be "downloadable themes across each Playstation platform". Japan got PS3 themes, so we might be getting those as well?

Another announcement was that PS3/4 versions will get retail releases, but for the US, Vita will be digital-only. EU will get a retail release for all versions.

Siliconera also has an article confirming a few other things, such as the fact the roster is completely the same as the Japanese version, so nobody got added nor removed, there are no English voiceovers, & no anime songs, i.e Anison Edition.

Ibuki

Banned
Probably just a small booklet, but I'm still excited. The game coming out sooner than I thought is also a pleasant surprise.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm sure Amazon will be included in the "select retailers". Also noticed they have the PS3 version listed as $40 while GameStop is $50. So uh, which is the correct price?

Ibuki

Banned
I'm sure Amazon will be included in the "select retailers". Also noticed they have the PS3 version listed as $40 while GameStop is $50. So uh, which is the correct price?

I thought $40 was the msrp for that version. If it is the GameStop one will change before release.

This had lukewarm reception in Japan, right? My familiarity with the series only includes one game on the DS, but I'm vaguely interested in giving it a go on a bigger screen.

Namikaze

This had lukewarm reception in Japan, right? My familiarity with the series only includes one game on the DS, but I'm vaguely interested in giving it a go on a bigger screen.

J Stars is a totally seperate series from JSS/JUS. Different developers, different combat etc.

The gameplay is shallow but overall pretty fun.

Rnr1224

I will definitely get this for vita on day 1. hopefully vita gets the limited edition!

EDIT: saw it was digital only. disappointed but ill buy it either way.

Namikaze

Also, the preorder book isn't the same one Japan got. The Japanese preorder book has 65 pages so I guess we'll find out what's in the NA version soon enough.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
This game looks so meh. It had potential too. It says it's based of Jump manga but it's actually based on Jump anime, which is annoying. Medaka is her early look instead of her later look. It also is filled with the more mainstream anime characters while other series only have one or two.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The fact the trailer states "52 character arts" for the pre-order book reconfirms the roster is completely the same, since that's how many characters were in the Japanese version (39 playable + 13 support).

By the way, is there any DLC for the game? That could complicate things for people importing a Vita copy from Europe.
None. Import away.

Illucio

Banned
Seriously? No English voice overs? Or songs?

What am I paying for then? The translation and game? Yeah, I'll just wait until it's $20 or less now. No pre-order or day 1 purchase from me now. :/

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

What am I paying for then? The translation and game? Yeah, I'll just wait until it's $20 or less now. No pre-order or day 1 purchase from me now. :/

Yeah. Maybe if the gameplay was actually good like in Jump Super Stars/Jump Ultimate Stars it'd still be worth getting. But for a game whose only strong suit is fan service, it's rather hard to lose features like that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I WANT THAT BOOK! Is it a translated J-Stars Bible?
Was that the one that Japan got as the pre-order bonus? It's not the same cover, I know that much. Maybe tomorrow, GameStop & maybe another retailer (i.e Amazon most likely) will update the product page and we'll learn more.

Hmm. Not a bad date, I suppose.

Good to see all characters are making it, despite a certain poster claiming to be a journalist and saying otherwise.

It's a miracle we're even getting this game. All the franchises are owned by a lot of different companies in the west, so I expected no English audio options. I'm happy we're just getting a Jump Versus title officially released over here. Hopefully if this does well we can get future installments. I'm supporting the crap out of this.

I can understand the disappointment though, but it's unrealistic with this kind of game. Heck, we don't even have the dub cast for the Pirate Warriors titles.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I imagine the cost of getting the VAs for 50+ characters (not to mention finding new people for those who never got official dubs) and then trying to license all those OPs would've been too much. They would've been nice, but I doubt Namco figured it was worth the extra time & money on this sort of game, especially when they probably already took the effort in getting the rights to all those franchises.

Top Bottom