• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory Vs.+: June 30 (US), pre-order bonus, more info

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well this is interesting. Gematsu says along with the art book, pre-ordering the game also gets you "downloadable themes across each PlayStation platform."

I sure wouldn't mind a J-Stars Vita theme, but bah, probably will have to buy it with the digital version of the game.

I know Japan got some for the PS3, wonder if they're the same ones.

ss-hikaru

"159 pages"

I don't think that's the pre-order book. That's waaaayy too many pages, considering most around only about 20 or 30 pages when it comes to pre-order books.

...so after finally finding info, seems it was called "J-Stars Victory Book".

Fair point, although the OP picture of the book makes it look huge! Or at least a similar thickness to the Bible I own :p The Gematsu article says the preorder book will have character art, and the Bible is more like guide so you're probably right. I still want it though. Wonder if Aus will get...

A.J.

Banned
Is this game open for DLC? I really would want Soma, Osamu, Yuma, or Deku to be added in later down the line.

Matt_C

why do people hate gokus Japanese voice.

I guess those people did not grow up watching the entire first half of Dragonball in the English speaking world and expect Goku to speak like Kenshiro in Japanese despite of not being aware of Dragonball's comedic roots. Also, they thought Goku would of went through puberty or something. For I am a fan of the Japanese voice of Goku since it adds a comedic element to his character.

I'm not the biggest fan of Goku's voice either. Fine as a kid, yeah, but as a grown man? Come on.

Even more absurd is the fact that they made the same woman play his father and two children. Christ, why not give Vegeta the same voice as well?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm wondering if this will be attached or detached to the game. Looks big, and not many publishers send out loose goods anymore.

Shizuka

I'm wondering if this will be attached or detached to the game. Looks big, and not many publishers send out loose goods anymore.

I think if it was a box, we'd have seen one by now, not to mention that making a limited edition or a first-print edition limited to one retailer in North America is a bit weird for a niche game like this.

Fbh

Damn, can other devs/publishers please look at this?

Here you have a great bonus that is sure to get a good number of people to pre order the game..... and they managed to do so without locking in game content!!!

why do people hate gokus Japanese voice.

Unlike a lot of more recent anime in this era of streaming and downloads, a lot of people grew up with Dragon Ball so they are used to the dub voices.

And the change from one to the other in this case is pretty big. Goku has a teen/young adult voice in most dubs and in japan he is voice by a woman (with a VERY high pitched voice).

I personally don't mind the dub and I allways enjoy watching shows in their original lenguage, but I can see how some people might have trouble getting used to it

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I think if it was a box, we'd have seen one by now, not to mention that making a limited edition or a first-print edition limited to one retailer in North America is a bit weird for a niche game like this.

I'm sure GS paid for it, if it's the only place offering it. I'm thinking it might be something like the XSEED boxes for their first-print runs, but who knows.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Yup, was originally PS3 & Vita in Japan, but US & EU get a PS4 version as well.

1337800068233.png

Is this game open for DLC? I really would want Soma, Osamu, Yuma, or Deku to be added in later down the line.

There'll probably just be a straight up sequel. If J-Stars pulls a Project X Zone and ends up doing SUPER well in the West then we'll definitely get a sequel

There were vague rumours of Dio Brando (how did he not get into the original game? Bamco are you even trying anymore) and Jotaro from Jojo, plus someone from Shaman King and Dragon Quest Dai or Kai (it's one of those trust me on this one) all being added into the game cause of files found on disc, but nothing came of that

Hey man, Bamco's working hard now a days with their localized anime and other cross over video game cash ins

Evilisk

Siliconera also has an article confirming a few other things, such as the fact the roster is completely the same as the Japanese version, so nobody got added nor removed, there are no English voiceovers, & no anime songs, i.e Anison Edition.
Thank goodness no one's getting cut.

I'm also happy at the lack of voices since if we had dubbed voices, we'd probably getting Gintoki's awful VA from the Benizakura dub and not Sugita

Also June is a very good time to release this for me, so I'm very pleased with this.

Zetta

Well I'm getting this on ps4 and man do I love the main theme. It takes me back to the early days of DBZ.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Themes confirmed for pre-order bonus:

Edit: Crap, url is banned. Can't change it at the moment...

Top Bottom