• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory Vs.+: June 30 (US), pre-order bonus, more info

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yes, it's for all platforms. Sorry, I was posting just as I was starting a class at college & had no idea Dual Shockers was banned.

I guess for the US, the theme is a bonus for buying the game unless they do a digital pre-order.

Edit: Here we go. Not sure why the URL says "mock-up". Let me see if it's legit.

1429174930-j-stars-mockup-preorder-pegi.jpg

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I've been checking gamestop.com and I'm surprised that no pre-order bonus info has gone up for it yet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm kind of surprised we still haven't seen the pre-order bonus go up. At least GameStop finally corrected the release date.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
GAF, do you think this game is worth getting for someone who really only cares for One Piece?
Eeehhh, hard to say. If I recall, Luffy is one of the main characters in the story mode, but there's only 4 OP characters playable: him, Ace, Hancock, & Akainu. I THINK others appear in the story mode, but it's more about the characters interacting with other franchises (i.e I can't wait to see the scene where Luffy enters the world of Bo-Bobo).

Edit: So the official J-Stars site says the pre-order bonus is the "guidebook edition".

Novocaine

If this game is total shit I won't even care. I just want to do some mad battoujutsu with Kenshin on my Vita. It will be worth the price of admission for me.

Edit: Whoooaaahh $70AUD for a Vita game? Still getting it but Jesus.

Double edit: NVM that's just EB's wacky pricing, JB has it at a normal price.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: So the official J-Stars site says the pre-order bonus is the "guidebook edition".

This makes me think that they ARE putting it in a box, or some kind of bundled packaging. Maybe just shrink-wrapped with it, or whatever. That would be a good thing though :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Been doing my best to keep track of all the new gameplay trailers via this thread.

Also oh hey, US Namco finally uploading trailers. Most of the trailers were via the UK division.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Bamco's Facebook updated:

Pre-order J-Stars Victory Vs+ at GameStop or EB Games and get an exclusive J-Stars Compendium that contains over 75 pages of art, insights, and information about the game and its vast cast of your favorite anime and manga characters! http://bit.ly/1OOrXTO
**Other participating retailers will also be offering a digital version of the J-Stars Compendium. Stay tuned for details!

Gamestop has still yet to display any info on it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, a DIGITAL version of the book? Kind of glad I put down $5 for the PS3 version at GameStop a few days ago so I can get a physical copy.

So does the fact it's about 75 pages confirm it might be similar to the pre-order bonus that Japan got? I think we can confirm it's not that "bible" since that had over 100 pages.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From GameStop's site:

JStars_artbook_bonusLG.jpg

My guess is they'll be the only place to get the book physically, while places like Amazon will have it digitally....or maybe if you download the Vita version as well?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At least in the US, yes, because there's no physical version. EU still gets a retail version, so I think they'll get it with their copy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Compendium is GameStop exclusive? They can stay with it then. I really dislike specific retail-exclusive promotions.
Yes & no. According to Namco, other retailers will have it, but GameStop is the only place which will get physical copies of the book. Every place else that'll have it will offer a digital version.

Shizuka

What were the european retailers that were offering the book? Both GAME and Shop To aren't giving showing me the book on the Vita pre-order page.

Gradon

GAME had the book on my pre-order for PS4. Maybe they didn't offer it for Vita? I'm not sure. Mine was posted yesterday so should have it tomorrow.

Shizuka

GAME had the book on my pre-order for PS4. Maybe they didn't offer it for Vita? I'm not sure. Mine was posted yesterday so should have it tomorrow.

Oh, maybe it's over now. There is still one day before release, but they must've shipped all the artbooks already.

Shizzlee

Is there a limit or something to how many characters I can unlock?

Yes. On the main menu screen, there are three bars at the top right. You level them up by playing and finishing matches, doesn't matter if online or offline. Every time you level one of them up (or I think it's just the blue bar, not sure), you are able to go to the store and buy a certain amount of characters with your points. If you want to grind this out, I recommend beating on a level 1 cpu in offline versus mode (make sure you finish the match so you get your points once you level up).

kenji

Should the compendium be included with the PS Vita's version too?

Yesterday I purchased my preordered copies of the game, PS3 and PSV versions, and they said that the compendium was only for the PS3 version, so they game me only one of it

I have to return to that Gamestop in two hours, if the compendium should be with the PSV version too, I want it

Still getting this but goddamn they really did the bare minimum with +.
-No training mode
-Still no 1v1 online
-Barely any gameplay changes (what I heard from people who already have it)

1v1 online and training mode would have satisfied me but they couldn't even be bothered to add that in.

『Inaba Resident』;169906937 said:
Still getting this but goddamn they really did the bare minimum with +.
-No training mode
-Still no 1v1 online
-Barely any gameplay changes (what I heard from people who already have it)

1v1 online and training mode would have satisfied me but they couldn't even be bothered to add that in.

What?! pass. -_-

Top Bottom