• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront - Developer Diary #1 video (GAME series)

Looks to be part 1 of a cool little developer diary series with GAME. A few little bits of new footage in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKUSfUYOnls&feature=youtu.be

Seemingly first look at third/first person mode.

paUj1F5.png

Took some screencaps.

2015-04-2020_45_17-sthfsy4.png

2015-04-2020_48_45-sth3smu.png

2015-04-2020_51_45-sthyswb.png

2015-04-2020_48_59-sthjsp7.png

2015-04-2020_50_58-st4fsv9.png

2015-04-2020_51_25-st78scv.png

2015-04-2020_51_59-staxsq5.png

sw5ayums.gif

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
Interesting, but nothing new of information sadly. Where do you guys see a 'little bit of new footage',

Denzar

"This game is in good hands, we are big fans. Just look at all the Star Wars memorabilia on our desks!"

Yeah, game looks good. I'm hyped.

i like how they are taking pics of death star up close, even though it is now confirmed there are no space battles in this game. what a bunch clowns!

and is it just me or do most of the maps look very uninspiring? generic desert, generic forest, generic snow map and a generic lava map

lol

Meh.

Don't get the fuss. Looks nice, but that's it. Really want to see gameplay, but it's not forthcoming. Really disappointed DICE hasn't shown any of that yet (and seemingly won't until E3) and instead opting to in-engine cinematic footage.

injurai

Banned
I am so excited for proper split screen couch co-op.

I lost a summer to that game with friends. Such good memories.

Boke1879

Meh.

Don't get the fuss. Looks nice, but that's it. Really want to see gameplay, but it's not forthcoming. Really disappointed DICE hasn't shown any of that yet (and seemingly won't until E3) and instead opting to in-engine cinematic footage.

We've had people who went to the celebration see gameplay. Most people seem to like what they have seen. We'll no doubt get gameplay at E3

bombshell

i like how they are taking pics of death star up close, even though it is now confirmed there are no space battles in this game. what a bunch clowns!

and is it just me or do most of the maps look very uninspiring? generic desert, generic forest, generic snow map and a generic lava map

lol

It's quite an achievement that you are able to judge the game's maps from the little footage we have so far.

We've had people who went to the celebration see gameplay. Most people seem to like what they have seen. We'll no doubt get gameplay at E3

I don't doubt what they say, but it's not quite the same when people like myself weren't at Celebration.

Never has the term 'Seeing is believing' meant a lot to me as of late.

Drencrom

lol

Not sure if this is a joke...

WarMacheen

At the end when he said "may the force be with you"

for a split second I thought he said "may the fourth" and I was happy for a brief fleeting moment.

Afrikan

lol

there there....don't worry, you'll eventually get your Star Trek game too.

Vire

lol
I love how the most iconic scenes and areas from the original trilogy are now deemed generic.

I take it you don't actually give a shit about Star Wars?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
It's quite an achievement that you are able to judge the game's maps from the little footage we have so far.
Apparently taking pictures of the death star makes the developers clowns as well, insulting devs and making kneejerk reactions based on the tiniest amount of info possible is always easy. Ugghhh. >.>

Eggbok

lol

So no space battles = no death star in the game at all? not even in cutscenes or nothing right?

And it's just you.

tumblr_myulqp8MPg1r93xiko6_r1_500.gif

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I just hope they're using a new engine. E3 is also coming up in <2 months.

Oh please DICE take me back, but don't forget about what you're trying to do here.

Boke1879

I love how the most iconic scenes and areas from the original trilogy are now deemed generic.

I take it you don't actually give a shit about Star Wars?

We're at least getting 2 or 3 maps per planet. I'm sure these guys can vary it

lol

Yep. Just you.

lol

Do you even like Star Wars man?

Vire

This is actual gameplay?

I can't watch the video right now, but I'm having a real hard time believing that's what the game actually looks like...
It's a still screenshot presented in the video. Most likely bull shotted to hell and back. Got dem Classic a Ubisoft light source flares.

Call of Duty reveals footage from cinematic camera angles mixed in with CG bits in late April/early May and reveals actual Gameplay footage at E3, why is it bad when DICE does it for Battlefront?

Better yet, DICE reveals 20 minutes or so of Campaign footage early in the year and then debuts Multiplayer at E3 where in Battlefront's case, there's no Campaign to demo. Once again, why is it so shady and off putting that they're waiting until E3 to show full gameplay footage?

Besides, knowing DICE, they'll have a "Beta" trial for the game before launch. In no way will anyone be "going in blind" when the game launches.

b0bbyJ03

lol

Wtf? Seriously?

Alienous

Wait a fucking second.

I might need to take back some judgements.

EDIT:
Nevermind. The wait for gameplay continues.

Top Bottom